Twenty Two

You're Annoying !!

“And the last one to come is my girl, Park Chorong” Luhan greeted her as soon as he opened the door, giving her a quick hug before letting her in.

“Do I get award for that?” She asked innocently as Luhan took the bag from her hold

“Want me to give it to you?” He smiled mischievously and leaned closer towards her face. Chorong could only chuckle and pushed him away from her.

“Aunt Jung, my girl come!” He shouted

“Do you have to mention that!” She hissed as she slapped his chest, averting her eyes from him in embarrassment.

“Of course. Everyone has to know you’re taken” Luhan chuckle

“Take her upstairs Luhan! Then you have to come down to help again” They heard Mrs. Jung’s voice shouting from the kitchen.

“Got it aunt!” Luhan shouted back and wrapped his arms around her shoulder before leading her to the guest room. 

 

“Oh Sehun! Where are the meat?!” D.O yelled from backyard.

Mr. Jung chuckled as he flamed up the fire. “You sure have a loud voice for a small body” D.O blushed and bowed down

“Uh..I’m sorry—“

D.O was cut off by Mr. Jung’s laugh “Why are you apologizing? Relax, I have heard worst” He winked

D.O chuckled and glanced through the transparent sliding door, Mrs. Jung was happily chatting with Lay and Suho “You mean Mrs. Jung?”

“Yeah, the worst was when she scolds me for skipping work. Like hello, I’m the CEO here” Mr. Jung huffed angrily as he remembered the scene. He got embarrassed by his own children for that. D.O on the other hand burst out laughing.

“It is not funny” Mr. Jung narrowed his eyes at the younger.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry” D.O told but still, he couldn’t control his laughter and ended up laughing out loud.

At the same time, Kris approached them with meats. “What did I miss?”

“Nothing” Mr.Jung mumbled and flamed up the fire while D.O on his knees, laughing.


“Can you call Eunji for me? What is she doing anyway?” Mrs. Jung frowned as she glanced upstairs. Her daughter had not come out of the room since the friends arrived. Baekhyun nodded in response and left the work he’s doing.

The door was opened after Baekhyun knocked on her door, revealing Eunji with her wet hair and a towel on her head. She wore something that revealed most of her skin: A white tank top and a VERY short short. Baekhyun frowned deeply.

“You showered?”

“Hmm” Was her reply and raised an eyebrow up as if asking why he was here.

“You mom asked me to call you. I didn’t know you take a shower. What with these clothes you’re wearing anyway? It’s too revealing and the boys might attack you without feeling guilty. Do you want get ? Seriously, change it” Baekhyun nagged as he frowned at the pieces she was wearing. Since her hair was wet, the tank top become see through, means he could she what color she was wearing inside.

Before she could reply him, Baekyun pushed her into her room and closed the door behind him because he heard footsteps coming.

“What are you doing?” She frowned

“You crazy? You want the boys to look at you in this clothing? Hell no”

“It may be my friends”

“I obviously heard guy’s voice” He paused and eyed her hair “Why you didn’t dry your hair? Look at you, so messy. Geez” Without her permission, he yanked her forward into his chest and grabbed the towel to dried her hair. Eunji heart skipped a bit as her face buried into his chest while he dried her hair. Feeling uncomfortable, she pushed him away and snatched the towel from him.

“I can do it” She muttered rubbed her hair with the towel as she glanced up at Baekhyun, who watch her silently.

“Let me do it” He sighed and helped her with it. She didn’t know why she let him do it when she could just push him away and kicked him out of her room. Maybe it was because she likes his soft scent, or maybe because she was lazy to dry her hair and let him.

“You have a nice smell” He suddenly said causing her to look up at him. He just smiled and made her head bowed before continuing rubbing her hair with the towel. “I know you want to be comfortable in your own house but wearing such clothes when my friends are here is a big no for me. I’m saying that boys in our age have raging hormones so you better wear something appropriate.”

He gave the towel back to her as he was done. “I don’t want any other guys look at you in this state, too much skin being revealed. I want you to change when I see you downstairs got it?” He said sternly and unknowingly, she nodded like a puppy obeying her master.

“Good” He patted and turned around to leave. His hand was already on the doorknob when he turned around again to face her. “And to remind you, it’s cold at the backyard so make sure to wear something warm” He smiled then exited the room.

Eunji didn’t notice that she had been standing like a statue until he was out of her sight. She shook her head and muttered “What is wrong with me?” as she felt her heartbeat. It was beating faster than usual but she simply ignored it. With a loud sighed, the throw her towel away carelessly and went to her wardrobe to change.

 

“Finally unnie, you come down” Namjoo exclaimed as she threw her hands in the air in excitement. “We are making barbeque”

“I can see that” She answered with a small smile, slipping her slippers and went to help her father with the meat.

“Long enough for you to come out” Mr. Jung greeted her

“I took a shower just now” She answered

“I see. Your mom was nagging at me for that you know” The elder pouted causing D.O to snicker at his childish behavior.

“Should I say sorry to you then?” Eunji chuckled

“Of course, I have to lean my ear to hear her unstoppable nag” He rolled his eyes and Eunji giggled, causing D.O’s head to snap towards her in surprise. Did he just hear Jung Eunji giggled? No way, is today his lucky day to hear such a cold-hearted girl like her giggle and being playful.

“Yah Kyungsoo!!”

“WHAT?!” D.O turned around only to find a disbelieved Suho with widened eyes. He noticed that by now everyone’s attention was on him “Uh-sorry hyung, I didn’t mean to be rude”

“What were you thinking to the point that you didn’t even hear me calling you?” Suho shook his head and pointed at the meat “I just want to say that you meats burn”

“Wha—WOAH !! OTTOKHE ?!”

Maybe not that lucky


By now everyone already seated at the dining table, but not in the dining room. Mrs. Jung wanted it to make like a party so she suggested the dining table to be moved to the backyard. She was just too demanding that the boys didn’t dare to disobeyed or complaining.

“Hayoung dear, take the drinks out!” Mrs. Jung shouted from the backyard. A low ‘yes’ was heard. Sehun quickly left the table then went inside the house.

Before Hayoung could carry the tray, a pair of hands already did it. She looked up and saw Kris grinning at her “Let me bring it. You go carry the fruits instead” Hayoung smiled and nodded

“Thank you sunbae-nim”

Sehun on the other hand watched them in jealously behind them but it seemed like they didn’t noticed his presence as they walked pass him, chatting happily with each other. Sehun frowned in dissatisfaction.

“What the—ugh Kris hyung damn you” He muttered angrily and ruffled his hair in frustration before storming out to the backyard.

“Where did you go?” Luhan asked as Sehun sat beside him.

“Bathroom” He lied and glanced at Hayoung and Kris who sat across him, wide smiles on their face. “Life is unfair” Sehun grunted and looked away to chat with Luhan, ignoring the jealousy inside him.

“This is delicious” Chanyeol mumbled, his voice muffled by the food in his mouth. Baekhyun shook his head while Chen face palmed in embarrassment.

“Glad you like it boy” Mrs. Jung smile as she poured more drink into his glass “Eat slowly, there’s a lot more” Chanyeol could only nod and stuffed in more food into his mouth.

“Oppa, you’re definitely not my ideal type of boyfriend” Namjoo told Chanyeol as she flicked her wrist arrogantly.

Chanyeol gulped down the food “Oh yeah? So who’s your ideal type then?”

“The one and only Zhang YiXing and he definitely will be my boyfriend someday” She said cockily and gave a flirtatious wink at Lay, causing Chanyeol to chock in disbelief…well actually EVERYONE chocked.

“Yah you brat” Suho hissed, embarrassed of his sister’s behavior.

Instead of being embarrassed at her confession, he chuckled in amusement and winked back at her “You heard that right boys? So no touching her or I’ll break your arms” He smiled, showing his simple and Namjoo response with a wide grin.

Chanyeol chocked once again, suddenly he didn’t have the appetite as he pushed his plate away.

“Urm… you guys didn’t remember that I’m here didn’t you?” MinKi raised an eyebrow, watching the two teenagers stealing glanced made him want to puke.

“Oh I didn’t notice you were there” Namjoo blinked innocently, earning a loud dissatisfied groan from the boy. Irritated, he rolled his eyes and went to complaint his mother who was in the house.

“By the way Baek,” Suho cleared his throat as Baekhyun averted his eyes to the leader “The kiss scene earlier, did you two kissed for real?”

Suddenly a loud cough was heard from the end of the table, everyone’s eyes moved towards the person, Eunji –who just now was eating barbeque.

She was hitting Chen’s shoulder for help and the latter quickly yet carelessly poured the drink into a glass before handing it to her. Eunji gulped down the water as if she hadn’t drink for years before slamming it down on the table.

“You okay?” Chen asked in concern as he rubbed the girl’s back. Eunji closed her eyes as she took time to calm herself and took a deep breath.

“I’m okay” She whispered, clearing and glance the eyes who stared at her. “What?” She snapped. Baekhyun smirked knowingly and turned his head towards Suho again.

“Why don’t you ask Eunji yourself hyung” Suho blinked his eyes innocently and hesitantly shifted his attention to Eunji, who was busy glaring at Baekhyun.

“We didn’t kiss” She answered Suho’s previous question without averted her glare from Baekhyun.

“You sound disappointed princess” Baekhyun cocked his head in playful manner earning a loud snort from her.

“Keep on dreaming”

 “How can you two survive living in a roof without arguing?” Kris question in disbelief, eyeing the two who ignoring the surrounding. The two teenagers didn’t even mind to answer his question.

“You wouldn’t believe it hyung, they argued almost every day” Chanyeol whispered. Kris made an ‘0’ shape with his mouth at the younger.


The next hour, after the barbeque party, they occupied themselves in the living room with some cookies Mrs. Jung left. The Jungs and MinKi left for a few hours because Mr. Jung had an emergency meeting about in his office and Mrs. Jung went to help. They brought MinKi so the teenagers could have their own time.

While they enjoyed the snacked, Tao suggested to watch movie but they only ended up arguing on what movie to watch.

“Frozen!”

“No, Big Hero 6 is better”

“I want to see Elsa and Anna!”

“And I want to see Baymax!”

“Can’t we not choose cartoon”

“Then I suggest we watch The Conjuring”

“No! That’s scary”

“That is why it is a horror movie”

“STOP IT!”

Everyone heads turned to Eunji, she was glaring at each of them with heavy breath. She stormed towards the television and turned it off “No movie, no television. We will do something else” She scolded with finger pointed to Tao. He pouted sadly.

“But we have nothing to do” Namjoo pouted, showing her puppy eyes but Eunji shifted her eyes from her, wanting to avoid from being soften.

“So you’re saying this stay over is boring” Eunji raised an eyebrow, Namjoo immediately shook her head “NO!”

“It’s okay Joo” Chen moved from his eat only to hugged Eunji’s shoulder “If our princess don’t want to involve with the television, I have something more interesting for us to do” Chen smirked.

Xiumin groaned as he face-palmed “I don’t like that face”.

 

Before they knew it, all of them sat in circle with a bunch of pepero box that Chen brought. They stared at each other in question, then at the peperos before avert their gaze at the grinning Chen.

 “How did you get all of these peperos?” Suho questioned, shaking his head in amusement at the amount of peperos he brought

“Are you a fan of Pepero sunbae?” Hayoung innocently asked as her eyes didn’t left the peperos “Because if it a yes, we are same”

“I thought about sharing it with you guys, so that’s why I bought a lot. And no Hayoung, I’m not a fan of Pepero”

“And you’re saying that your so called interesting idea is eating the peperos you bring?” Eunji raised an eyebrow, looking totally unamused. Chen chuckled and patted the girl’s head since he was sitting beside her.

“You’re right” He nodded “BUT we are not eating this individually. Each of you need a partner” Everyone’s heads snapped towards him

“Don’t tell me…”Chorong blinked

“We are doing THAT game?” Lay finished

“Exactly!” Chen beamed

“Chen please, that’s lame” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and everyone bobbed their head in agreement.

“Come on, let’s not be a party pooper hm? It’s not that hard. Since we have girls here, why not take advantage of it?” A hand immediately slapped the back of his head causing him to stumble forwards. Chen looked up at the culprit with a glare as he held onto his abused head.

Luhan was hugging Chorong as if his life depends on it as his eyes staring hard at the younger. Chen mumbled a cursed word at him before saying “I’m just joking. Don’t take it seriously. Geez” He rolled his eyes.

“There must be a punishment for the loser right?” Chanyeol asked

“I didn’t think about it yet” Chen blinked  

“How about… the losers sleep in the living room” Bomi grinned

“That’s cruel” Tao frowned

“Well, if you don’t to end up sleeping in the living room, win the game” Bomi stuck out her tongue at him.

“But we only have 6 girls” Lay tilted his head, thinking about who the other guys should be partnered up with.

“Oh about that, the unlucky persons would end up with the same gender” Chen told, pulling out pieces of paper from his pocket pants and threw it in the middle. “This only for the boys, 6 of it are the girls name and another six is blank. So if any of you got the blank papers, find your own partner. Got it?” The boys nodded and each of them picked up a paper with hesitation.

“Oh damn it! I got blank!” Tao groaned and raked his head in frustration. 

“Same” Sehun pouted, glancing at Hayoung in disappointment.

“Who got my name?” Namjoo asked eagerly, trying to take a peek at Suho’s paper but got shoved away.

“I got it” Lay smiled and Namjoo squealed in delight.

“Sorry Lu, I got your girl’s” Suho gave Luhan an apologetic look. Luhan turned to Chen to say something but got cut off by the latter.

“No exchanging hyung. Sorry to disappoint you but we have to play this fair” Luhan face immediately fell and he grunted in response, pouting sadly at Chorong. The girl could only pat her boyfriend’s back.

“Kris hyung, what did you get?” Kai asked the tallest who had been silent.

“Oh, I got Hayoung’s” He mumbled. Sehun who heard him gasped in jealousy. Why he couldn’t be as lucky as Kris? By now, he was wishing that he could change his body with Kris to be partnered up with his angel.

“Okay, now all settled. I will repeat your partner and you have to stick together during the game” Chen announced and clapped his hands twice.

“The president with the vice president” Chen glanced at the two and nodded in satisfaction as he saw the two already changing seat.

“Namjoo with Lay hyung, Kris hyung with Hayoung, Naeun with Kai and Bomi with Chanyeol… oh wait, who got partnered up with Eunji?”

“Baekhyun, you haven’t open your paper” Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun’s side

“Uh-Oh” Baekhyun panicked and carelessly unfolded the paper. His eyes wide as he said out aloud the name “Jung Eunji”

Eunji’s head snapped at him with the same expression.

Chen nodded “Lastly, Baekhyun with Eunji. The rest find your own partner”

“I want to do it with Xiumin” Luhan raised his hands up

“I’m partner up with Sehun” Tao announced

“I guess I have no choice” D. shrugged and moved to Chen’s side.

“So who’s going first?” Chen asked and Kai raised his hand. Both Kai and Naeun move to the middle.

“Flavor?” Sehun asked since he was the one who held the pepero boxes.

“Chocolate” Naeun answered and Sehun handed her the chocolate flavored pepero. Naeun bit on the end of the pepero stick carefully and waited for Kai to do the next move. With his hands on her shoulders, he bit the other end of the pepero stick before moving his head slowly with tilted head. The couple seemed comfortable since their eyes never left each other.

When Kai felt his lips brushed again Naeun’s lips, he saw her flinch and immediately pulled away, causing the leftover pepero to drop on his lap.

“You okay?” Kai asked in concern. The girl hummed in response and picked up the pepero before giving it Chen.

“Nice one love bird. I think you two are safe from sleeping in the living room”

The next couple is Suho-Chorong. Suho couldn’t even start the game calmly because of a person, Luhan, was glaring at him as if he would eat him right then and there. Not until Chorong assured him that it would be okay and she will only looked at him. Luhan was surely acting immature…or childish.

Their remaining pepero stick was longer than Kai-Naeun’s since Suho couldn’t stand Luhan’s glare as much as he want to avoid it. Luhan received a slap from his girl as soon as the pepero dropped for scaring Suho.

“Don’t be too excited about it” Suho rolled his eyes as he watched his sister and friend smiling at each other like a fool.

“Oppa shut up, I can’t concentrate” Namjoo snapped at her brother rudely, leaving Suho jaw to drop on the ground.

“What is that suppose to mean?” Suho chocked his own saliva but the latter ignored him and bit on the pepero stick. Lay did the same and soon they both move in at the same time to the middle. Lay stopped after a while and let Namjoo continued. The pepero stick finally drop and Namjoo caught it in her palm.

“Daebak! This is the shortest!” Chen exclaimed and stared at the two in awe. He was questioning himself whether their lips touched or not because it was no way that it didn’t when you could easily crushed the crumb. 

It took a long time to persuade Tao to start the game. He couldn’t stop worrying about how his lips will touch Sehun’s. Until he received a slap on the head from Eunji, he stopped whining and unwillingly started the game. Their pepero stick was the longest since he couldn’t stop moving causing Sehun to accidently bit the pepero. Obviously the last place.

“You shouldn’t move!”

“I’m nervous!”

“Don’t talk like you’re a gay!”

“I’m not!”

“Then shut up!”

Luhan and Xiumin finished the game with ease, maybe because both of them didn’t complaint much and quietly did the game. Surprisingly, the got the third place.

Chen and D.O were next, after they argued who’s going to who- that took forever till Chorong was the one who decided- they almost got Luhan-Xiumin’s record.

“At least Hayoung is tall enough to reach your height Kris hyung” Baekhyun snickered

“Shut up” The older could only rolled his eyes and move closer to the girl who stood on her knees. Even though Hayoung was the tallest girl, she still couldn’t reach Kris’s height while sitting crossed leg.

After she bit the pepero stick, she wrapped her arms around the latter’s neck for support while Kris held her two arms firmly. Sehun had to look away from the scene. It hurt him so much that his crush had to help onto another guy like that.

With their position, Kris had to tilt his head back while Hayoung leaned down towards him. Sehun was fuming with anger as he tried to find a solution on how to stop them. Being a brat he is, he fake a sneeze and the couple jumped in shock, causing Hayoung to accidently bit on the stick.

“Yah Oh Sehun!” Kris yelled

“Sorry sorry, it’s not like I did it intentionally” He blinked innocently and rubbed his nose. There’s no second chance for them but at least they didn’t get the last place.

“Sorry Hayoung-shi” Sehun faked an apologetic face and Hayoung shook her head.

“It’s okay sunbae”

“You should give a warning. Geez, you ruined the moment” Tao muttered angrily, disappointed that he couldn’t see the excited part of the game. Sehun rolled his eyes, at least he didn’t have to watch such a ‘disgusting sight’.

Next is too tall-too short couple. Being the so called best-at-solving-solution Chen is, he decided that Bomi had to sit on Chanyeol’s crossed legs so that they could face each other in the same level.

“This is because you’re too short” Chanyeol muttered, wrapping his arms around Bomi to pull her closer.

“Excuse me, I’m in my average height for this age” Rolling her head, she s her arms around his shoulder. “You’re just too tall”

“At least I’m handsome” Chanyeol said in mocking tone

“At least I’m beautiful” She replied with the same tone

“Stop it you two. Start now” Xiumin sighed and handed Chanyeol the pepero. Chanyeol obeyed, bitting the pepero stick and leaned closer so that Bomi could bit the other end.

They moved too fast that it done less than five second. The couple immediately pulled away from each other after the pepero dropped. Chanyeol coughed while Bomi made a puke face.

Chen looks at the remaining piece of the pepero stick “Sweet, is that your first kiss?” Chen smiled innocently, earning a glare from Bomi and Chanyeol. “I took that glares as yes” He chimed and hollered “Last couple!”

“Can I not do it?” Eunji asked while Namjoo and Hayoung tried to drag her to the middle

“Nope” Chen simply answered and handed her a strawberry flavored pepero

“This is stupid” She rolled her eyes

“I know right” Baekhyun mumbled, agreeing on what she was saying that made her amused.

“Less talking, more preparing” Chen clapped his twice

Eunji scoffed, biting on the chocolate part and Baekhyun bit the other end, settling himself so that he could be comfortable with their position. Eunji blinked his eyes, signaling him to move and Baekhyun obeyed. He took a small bite as he move closer and was about to continue when….

ACHOOO!

“Damn Oh Sehun!” Tao yelled

“It’s not me!”

“Sorry, it’s me” Suho innocently rubbed his nose with his forefinger, smiling sheepishly at the couple who stared at the still-long pepero stick on the ground.

“I guess now we know the loser” Chen shook his head in disappointment, clicking his tongue as he looked the couple sadly.


“Still can’t believe I’m stuck here with you because of that stupid game” Eunji muttered angrily as she pulled the blanket over her shoulder to avoid from freezing. By now, both of them were sitting on the floor, back leaning against the sofa while a yo (Korean mattress) was lying in front them.  

Baekhyun chuckled, tugging the blanket a bit so that they could share it. Eunji unwillingly gave him and grumbled in annoyance. “I like it though” He said “The guys are too noisy when they are together. I couldn’t sleep properly when they are here”

“I thought you also included in that loud group” Eunji raised an eyebrow.

“I am, but I know when it’s the time to sleep and play. They, on other hand can’t stop playing and fooling around”

Eunji nodded “I just hope the girls didn’t mess my room” She sighed, hugging the blanket closer around her shivering body. Unfortunately, there was only one blanket left so they have to share. Eunji was not that cruel to use the blanket all by herself.

“You cold?”

“What do you expect? We are on the cold floor with only one blanket”

Silent

Their eyes were fully on the television but their mind was somewhere else. Eunji was trying hard to control the beating heart, a shiver went down her spine whenever their arms accidently brushed. Baekhyun on the other hand held himself to not attack her with hug, he want to warm the latter with his embrace and cuddled with her if he could, but he knew better what he will get if he did that. He didn’t want to die young.

But, isn’t it weird when Jung Eunji who always pushed him away let him dried her hair just a few hours ago. It’s surprising how obedient she could be. She even changed her clothes when he asked her to.

“Have you ever liked someone?” He suddenly blurted out the question. He didn’t why he asked but his mind wanted to know about her love life. He thought he would get a silent reply but he thought wrong when she spoke.

“I never have interest in boys”

“Why?”

“I just didn’t. What’s so interesting about liking a boy?” That question surprised him.

“What make you said that?”

“All you get in the end is heartbroken like Chorong unnie did. When I see her so miserable, I felt annoyed. How could it be when I was in her place? What would I do? I questioned that a lot of times. Crushing on a person is just like you play with yourself. You got heartbroken, happiness and changing personality because of someone you like. I don’t like it”

“But at least Chorong noona got her happiness back right. She met Luhan hyung, who changed her and made her smile like she always did before. You girls must be very grateful of that. She got the usual smile back, no faking anymore”

“We are grateful. Very” She nodded

“It’s not that bad to experienced love life you know. Even me, myself got a heartbroken once. But I decided to move on. It was not something easy to do but well, you just need to find another person that could make you smile and happy. At least got an experienced to be heartbroken”

“Isn’t it hurt? I heard it felt like someone just stabbed you in the stomach” She asked innocently and Baekhyun could only chuckled

“You wouldn’t even want to imagine it. How about you answered it with on how Chorong noona acted after she broke up. Changing personality, like what you just said.”

“It’s awful”

“But it worth it right? Chorong noona met Luhan hyung and look how she is right now”

“You’re right” She whispered “But what if you didn’t the one who make you smile and happy again?”

“There must be someone Eunji, it just took time to find or meet that person. If you’re not blunt enough then you get to meet him”

“Then, have you found that ‘someone’? You said you had move on” Baekhyun stay silent, looking into her innocent eyes. “Baekyun”

“I did. I found that someone” He answered, eyes didn’t left hers.

“Who is she?”

Baekhyun shifted her gave on the television, avoiding her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

“You”


Updated ^^

Okaaay, how many times I'm apologizing because of my late update? Can't count but here I am apologizing once again for the late update. Well, it kinda long and I have no idea how did I get those idea for the pepero kiss game and all. I was planning to update on my birthday which is 11 DEC but unfortunately I didn't bring my lap-top on my vacation. Dang it! 

Enjoy the story ^^ Thank for subscribin, voting and please leave at least a comment after you read. Tell me your opinion. :))