Sixteen

You're Annoying !!

It was recess time but Eunji didn’t have the appetite to fill her empty stomach. She went to the library to get some sleep instead. Bomi was whining and throwing tantrum at her because no one would eat with her this time. Namjoo had to meet the teachers and Hayoung’s teacher won’t release her class until they finished the paper work given. Chorong was busy as usual and Naeun on the other hand disappeared as soon as the bell rang.

Fortunately, there’s D.O hearing her whining and invited her to eat with the boys.

“Look who’s here” A voice cooed and Eunji raised her head up. Chen was smiling sweetly at her as he took the seat besides her.

“You again” Eunji rolled her eyes while Chen could only chuckled at her boring tone.

“Sorry if my face is not handsome enough to match your beauty” He winked and Eunji scoffed as respond “Why don’t you go to the cafeteria today? Poor Bomi is lonely”

“I don’t feel like eating today” She shrugged

“Why? Thinking of something? Or should I say SOMEONE?” Chen as he poked her cheek continously

“You dare touch me” Eunji hissed, backing away a little as she glared at him.

“I was amused how feisty you are” He chuckled. Eunji rolled her eyes once again. “Hey are you free on Sunday?” He suddenly asked

“No. I’m busy snoring on my bed” She answered as she gave him a lazy look

“That isn’t fun” He shook his head

“It is fun for me”

“Whatever. I just want to ask you for a date this Sunday”

“I don’t do date”

“Hang out?”

“Too lazy for that”

“Oh come on!” He groaned in frustration “Just accept it won’t you?”

“Who are you to tell me what to do” Eunji made a face and looked away from him.

“Okay here” He took a deep breath before continued “If you agree to date--- I mean hang out with me this Sunday. I will give everything you want” Chen offered

“Are you doing this to seduce me?” Eunji asked

“You can say that” Chen shrugged and Eunji look at him with raised eyebrow “Okay I’m kidding” He quickly said

“Can you consider this as a favor? Please?” Chen begged

“What makes you think that I will agree?”

“You will because I’m cute” He grinned and Eunji could only snorted at his statement.

“Cute my ”

“Language girl. So how it is?”

“Fine. Tell me the location and---“

“In front of Myeongdong biggest mall at 8” He quickly said before she could finish her sentence.

“O—kay” Eunji nodded slowly “Make sure you be on time. I don’t like waiting”

“Sure princess. I will be at 7.30 sharp”

“But you said 8” She frowned

“I’m giving you more time to prepare”

“I don’t need it”

“Fine, your choice” He shrugged

 


“Woah noona! Is that really you?!” MinKi jaw dropped as he saw his sister shows up earlier in the morning on Sunday. It’s rare to see Eunji woke up early on Sunday morning. She would usually spend her time in her room and sleep.

Mr. and Mrs. Jung have the same reaction as MinKi. Both parents were also surprised to see their daughter walking down the staircase, looking fresh. Baekhyun on the other hand was frowning. Instead of being surprised of how early she woke up on Sunday morning, his eyes focus on her outfit.

Her outfit was not too outstanding, just casual but she still looks beautiful in them. A black skinny jean with white T-shirt perfectly fit her style. She had her hair tied into ponytail, showing her silver earrings and her bang was swipe to the side as usual. The small bag was on her back. He knew she was going out.

 

“You’re going somewhere?” Baekhyun plopped himself on the couch next to her. Eunji looked up from her phone and hummed softly. “With who? Bomi?” Eunji turned her attention back to her phone.

“No”

“Naeun?”

“That girl won’t come out”

“Namjoo”

“She’s studying for her exam”

“Chorong”

“Busy”

“Oh I know. Hayoung?”

“Her parents won’t allow her to go out” Baekhyun rolled his eyes in annoyance. He stated all her friends name but all of them are wrong

“So who is it? A boy?”

“Yes”

“Do I know him?”

“Yes” Baekhyun sighed in frustration this time

“Can you just tell me his name?”

“It’s not your problem who I’m going out with” Eunji closed her phone and looked up at him.

“It is MY problem. What if he harm you or---“

“Why would he do that?”

“You can’t trust men Eunji-ah” Baekhyun advised

“So I can’t trust you too” She raised an eyebrow

“Accept me of course. Just… tell me won’t you” He sighed and calmed himself not to yell at her

“It’s Chen” Baekhyun gave her you’re-kidding-me look but Eunji gave no respond. She just stared at him and Baekhyun’s mouth was hanging by now.

“Who is it again?” He stammered

“Chen” She repeated. The boy finally choked on his own saliva as he hit his chest rapidly.

“Chen? Chen—you mean Jongdae? Kim Jongdae?” Baekhyun asked again to confirm.

“If that is his real name then yes” Eunji shrugged nonchalantly. She didn’t understand why he was shocked that she’s going out with his friend.

“Freaking hell! How did you two end up planning all this?” He cried out

“He asked me out so I agree”

“Just like that?” His voice turned into whisper when he asked. How could she just agree on him so easily?

“You’re asking too many questions. It’s annoying” Eunji remarked as she stood up, grabbing her bag pack and slung it over her shoulder.

“Yah yah yah” He called out and rushed in front her with opened arms.

“Move you brat” Eunji moved to the left but he followed her movement. Annoyed, she clenched her jaw as she glared up at him “Yah”

“You don’t know Chen. Who knows he was just trolling. This plan was just a joke. Seriously, trust me”

“I don’t know why you want to bad-mouth your own friend in front of me” Baekhyun jaw dropped at her words as he was pushed aside and she walked pass him.

“Excuse you, I’m not bad mouthing him” Baekhyun said he trailed her from behind.

“So what is it?”

“Chen never asked a girl out okay! So it’s weird when he asked someone out especially you!” He raised his voice behind her and Eunji swiftly turned around to face him.

“Maybe because he thinks I’m special” She shrugged and Baekhyun snorted this time, holding onto the back of his neck.

“Don’t joke around with me woman” He said as he scanned her up and down.

“Whatever” She paused “Mom! Dad! I’m going now!” Eunji shouted towards the kitchen and a loud ‘okay’ was heard from the kitchen.

“You still want to go?” Baekhyun asked, following her towards the shoe rack. Eunji took out her white sneaker and sat on one of a chair to put on her sneaker. “Yah answer me”

“Can’t you tell?” As she finished, she stood up and open the entrance door but Baekhyun was faster and he closed it again. Eunji wanted to shout but Baekhyun spoke before she could make his ears go deaf

“Okay I will let you but promise me you will call me if anything happened. Tell me if he trolls you or whatever weird thing he will do” He said in one breath

“I’m not a little kid you know” Was the only reply

“I know. Just--- I can’t believe Chen fully”

“I’m going to be okay---“

“Promise me”

“Wh---“

“I said PROMISE ME” He said sternly and Eunji was dumbfounded

“Promise. Happy now? Now will you move away so I can get out?” She raised an eyebrow and Baekhyun hesitantly move to the side. Eunji gave him a glare before she completely left.

As soon as the girl was out of sight, Baekhyun rushed towards his room and slammed the door open before closing it with a loud bang. He grabbed his phone on the bed and speed dial a number. After a few rings, the person picked it up.

“YAH YOU LITTLE ! WHAT IS YOUR PLAN YOU STUPID ” He shouted at the phone. Baekhyun could imagine the person leaned away from his phone with a loud scowl.

After a few second, the person answered “Guess you know about my date with your girl” Chen chuckled softly.

“Yah listen. I won’t forgive you if you----“

“If I what? Relax dude. I won’t do anything harm to her”

“As if I don’t know your stupid plans to troll” Baekhyun spatted furiously

“I’m serious Byun Baekhyun, no harm. Promise” Chen said and Baekhyun finally sighed in defeat.

“Fine. Just bring her home on time” Baekhyun reminded

“Worried much” Chen snickered

“I’m not. What will her parent said if she goes out with a guy late at night plus that guy is MY friend”

“Okay okay. Now, can you please hang up because the princess will come in any minutes”

“Is she even worth to be a princess?” Baekhyun made a face as he stared at his phone before placing it back on his ear.

“She’s worth to be mine but not yours” Chen laughed and Baekhyun want to shout but the latter already hang up

 

“That ” Baekhyun groaned


“Ice Americano for me and Strawberry smoothie for you” Chen sang as he placed the drinks on the table. Both decided to take breakfast in a café before they went to do what Chen has plan for their hangout. There’re not many people in there because it was still early. Eunji was more than relief because she doesn’t like crowded place.

Eunji took a sip if her smoothie and turned her head towards him “What’s your plan?”

“Not going to tell you” He chuckled

“This is seriously boring” Eunji groaned and rest her back against the backseat.

“Believe me dear, you will enjoy today’s Sunday”

“Beat me” She scoffed. Chen could only chuckle and pulled out something from the bag pack he brought. Two snapbacks with same design and color welcomed her. Eunji furrowed her eyebrow in confusion. “What are these for?”

“Isn’t it cool? I chose it myself just now when I past a cap shop” He grinned happily “This is for you” Chen pass one of it to her. Eunji just stared at it, and then looked up at him. “Come on take it” She waved the blue snapback in front of her face. She hesitantly took it.

“And this is for me” Chen said and put on the snapback on his head as he adjusted his hair.

“It looks like we are a couple” Eunji stated with raises eyebrow

“Brilliant!” Chen exclaimed “That’s my point. To make us look like a couple” He told

“I’m not doing it” Eunji wanted to give back the snapback to him but Chen stopped her

“No. I’m kidding!” He cried out. “Listen, you might think that I do this because I like you or seduce you but NO” Chen sternly said

“I know” Eunji shrugged

“Wait—what? You know?” She nodded “How?” He asked in curiosity and he leaned closer.

“I just knew. You were just pretending to cool and stuff in front of me for only-god-know the reason” Eunji rolled her eyes as she remembered the thing he did in library and the new drinks at the vending machine.

“Cool. You could tell whether I’m lying or not” Chen nodded in amazed

“I shall remind you something” She suddenly said and Chen looked up “Don’t ever do that because it doesn’t suit you AT ALL” She emphasized the last words and Chen pouted sadly at her remark.

“But girls like cool guys. I thought I could make you like me by my acting” He grinned and Eunji could only shook her head

“Each girl has different preference. You don’t have to act like what she told you to. If she loves you, then she has t accept whoever you are” Eunji told him and Chen stared at her in awe.

“This is the first time I ever heard you talk about something cheesy” He said and Eunji rolled her eyes. She was surprised herself but oh well, it’s not like the Jongtroll will like Baekhyun did. She said what she wants.

“What’s your point of planning this hang out?” Eunji raised an eyebrow

“Just for fun maybe. I found you interesting since the first time we talked” Chen grinned

“When was it again?”

“How could you” He pouted and Eunji scoffed

“When are we going to start our hang out? I don’t want to stay long outside” Eunji sighed

“We will start now. Wait here, I will pay our drinks first” Chen stood up and wanted to left before he swirled around “Uhm, Eunji?” Eunji looked up from her snapback he gave her.

“Will it be okay, if… I be your friend?” Chen hesitantly asked. Eunji stared at him. This was the first time a guy asked her to be her friend and Eunji has to admit it amusing. Chen is a nice guy after all. He’s cheerful and hyper just like Bomi. Being his friend is worth it.

“Aren’t you already my friend?” Eunji raised an eyebrow and Chen mouth slowly curled up into a big smile.

 

“Thank you”


“Where is that girl?” Baekhyun walked back and forth in her room while holding his phone in his hand. “That punk seriously gonna get it from me if he send her late” He muttered angrily, plopping himself on the edge of her bed and sighed loudly. He had been waiting in her room for 2 hours but the girl didn’t show up or there is no any sight of her at the gate. 

Suddenly the door of her room opened slightly “Hyung?” MinKi called out causing Baekhyun to looked up

“Oh MinKi. Why?” Baekhyun asked at the sleepy boy who had his head leaning against the doorframe.

“Can you make me a glass of milk? I’m thirsty” Baekhyun smiled and stood up. Baekhyun was asked to take care of MinKi while the parents went to meet their friends at a hotel. The boy decided to go to bed earlier since he was bored.

“Sure, let’s go to the kitchen”

 

The sound of an engine was heard when Baekhyun tucked MinKi into bed. After he made the milk -with the help of MinKi of course-, the boy finished it in less than a minute. MinKi couldn’t sleep so he asked Baekhyun to company him to watch television. The boy ended up fell asleep on the couch with Baekhyun beside him chuckling.

“Sleep well MinKi-ah” Baekhyun whispered and exited his room. He ran down the staircase and opened the door of the house. On his way to the gate, he found Chen gave a piggyback for Eunji. The girl was sleeping soundly behind him as she rested her head on his shoulder.

“Oh Baek” Chen called. Baekhyun walked towards him and Chen passed the sleeping Eunji into Baekhyun arms, carefully not to wake her up.

“Let’s go inside” Baekhyun whispered.

Chen opened the door of Eunji’s room and Baekhyun walked in with Eunji in his arms. He placed her down softly on the bed before pulled the blanket up to her chest. Eunji rolled to her side and frowned as she found nothing beside her when her hands move around. Knowing what she wants, Baekhyun grabbed a bolster and settled it in her arms. The frown automatically replace by a small smile on her face as she snuggled closer to the pillow.

“Woah she’s cute” Chen commented as he watched Eunji slept. Baekhyun turned to the back just to send a glare at the latter.

“Wait outside” Baekhyun demanded as he nodded at the door. Chen pouted as he exited the door while mumbling some inaudible words. As the door closed, Baekhyun pulled the hairband from her hair to let it fell on the bed.

“Seems like you had so much fun with that looking at how peaceful you sleep right now” Baekhyun said as jealousy filled him.

A sighed left his lips and before he exited her room quietly. 


Update ^^

Tadaa!! Special CheJi for you and a little but of BaekJi on top. Sooo, my exam is just around the corner and I might have the chance to update next week. Need to focus on my final exam. Sorry if I won't be able to update next week. 

Thank you to all subscribers and voters. I'm happy that you enjoy reading my story ^^ Thank you very much!