Results

Raising The Pack

Luhan POV

 

We are currently going to the hospital to see what JongSeok's results if he is a seeker or not. I know that Xiumin has been freaking out if he's a seeker or not but he has a hunch that JongSeok might be a seeker.

 

It dies pain me to see my brother in pain and it's heart breaking to see my nephew going through this kind of pain. I know that Sehun would hate to see his children going through this, so I can only imagine how Xiumin and Chen are handling this sort of situation. I know that Xiumin is strong and so is Chen, but it's their baby and when things happen to your baby your tough exterior breaks and you let all emotions run wild.

 

It's been exactly four days since I've given up Jiao to SiWon and Heechul's and Sehun never lets her out of his sight.

 

Jiao is his baby girl and he loves her with all of his heart. When I gave her up like that, I guess he felt a knife drive right through his heart. He always wanted a daughter and when he got Jiao, he vowed that he would always protect her no matter what, and now he can't.

 

Kang is always protective over his sister, so when he heard that she was going to be paired off with someone from our ally pack, he went into tears. He asked me why I did that and he called me a bad mommy because I let his only sister go to a pack that he doesn't even know. I know that he'll apologize for saying those things to me, but just hearing him say that made me feel like a bad mother. It made me feel like I didn't care about my daughter's safety.

 

I looked at Jiao, who was in her baby seat and sleeping the world away. She wouldn't understand any of this until she's at least ten or eleven. Maybe she'll pick up early like Jonghyun did, but I'm comparing my daughter to the soon to be alpha's mate. I just wanted her to know that I made a terrible choice but she'll have to accept the fate that will come with the choice.

 

Kang was looking at the window like always. I asked m one day why he liked to look out the window and he replied back by saying, "It's always nice outside and sometimes, I just like my imagination run wild." He's so articulate that it kills me when he says things like that because it just shows how good of a mother I am.

 

"What's wrong baby?" He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. I was expecting him to say something but I guess he still hasn't accepted that I gave his baby sister away. I sighed and up my esteem. "Kang, mommy is really sorry that I did that to your sister but you have to understand that I had to or there would've been a war or worse, they would've taken you away from us despite how young you are." I could feel Sehun's gaze on me, but I ignored it.

 

Kang looked at me and tears started to flood his eyes. "You didn't have to give her away mommy." I let my head fall to my chest and a few of my own tears left my eyes.

 

"I know but when you get older, you will understand why I had to give her away." He nodded his head sadly and rested his head on the window.

 

Sehun put his hand on my knee and squeezed it. "You didn't need to have that conversation with him in the car." He mumbled softly so that I could only hear him.

 

"Sehun I had to or he was going to bring that attitude in the hospital. I don't want him around his cousin when he acts like this." He cracked his neck and gave out a low sigh.

 

"Sometimes I wonder why I even chose you as a mate?" I know that he was joking but it did hurt my feelings when he said that. He always jokes like that but sometimes he takes it too far.

 

We arrived at the hospital about ten minutes after our little chat and I could tell that Sehun was still mad at me. He told me to get Kang while he got Jiao but that was all he said. He didn't say I love you and he didn't even give me a little hug or smile.

 

I didn't want anyone to worry, so I faked a smile and walked in the room like nothing was wrong.

 

"Uncle Luhan!" I heard ZiFan scream out. He ran towards me and gave me a little hug before he dragged his cousin away and brought him on the bed, where they started to talk non sense about things that I don't even know how they even came up with stuff.

 

"Hey Lu," Tao gave me a hug and gave me a smile. I returned the smile but I guess he sensed that it was fake because he squeezed my shoulder.

 

"How are you holding up?" I asked Xiumin after I gave him a hug and sat down next to him. He shrugged his shoulders and gave a light sigh.

 

"Fine I guess. JongSeok had two nightmares yesterday, so he wanted to stay up the rest of the night because he was scared to go to sleep." I shook my head then averted my attention to my nephew. He did look tired and had some what dark bags under his eyes.

 

I saw Sehun walking in with Jiao in his arms and Kris immediately went to his niece . She giggled when he started to kiss her and he chuckled before he handed her back to Sehun, but my mate told him to hold her for awhile.

 

He sat down next to me and kissed my cheek before murmuring, "I'm sorry," in my ear. I put my head on his shoulder while he wrapped his arm around me.

 

"Mama, where's Yinho?" Kang asked me. All of the children's attention turned to us but we didn't know what to tell them. We all looked at Kris and waited for an answer but we he didn't know how to break it to them either. "What about Hui?" Again, we all looked at Kris, who looked at Tao, who gave him a slight nod.

 

"They won't be with us for awhile, the same with Uncle Suho and Uncle YiXing."

 

"Why?" Chanhyun asked.

 

Kris bit his lip and shook his head. "It's complicated."

 

We stayed quiet, well the kids didn't, until the doctor came in, holding a clipboard and gave all of us a smile.

 

"Friends and family of JongSeok?" We all nodded and he chuckled. "And who are the parents?" Xiumin and Chen stood up and went towards JongSeok's bed, who also wanted to know what the results were. "After a series of tests, both blood and mind, all of his tests have come back positive. I'm sorry but JongSeok is a future seeker."

 

Xiumin hid his face in the sleeve of his shirt and started to cry while Chen kept a strong face,but I saw the tears forming in his eyes. JongSeok looked at the bed and started to cry his hear out while ZiFan, Kang and Chanhyun tried to comfort him. Nothing would help my nephew now or my brother and his mate.

 

Xiumin went outside and I followed him, along with Tao, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo. He was against the wall and I saw his shoulders move at a rapid pace, indicating that he was no longer cry softly but he was sobbing.

 

"Xiu?" He turned around and went into my embrace. I felt my shoulder getting wet only for me to tighten my grip and kiss the top of his head.

 

"Why does it have to be him?!"


A/N:

Hola I'm back from the dead!!

Well sorta but got caught off guard with horrible allergies and I literally slept for 14 hours yesterday!!!

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3