Come with us

Raising The Pack

Xiumin POV

 

"Mama," I felt a JongSeok shaking my shoulder, attempting to wake me up, and I knew that I had no other choice but to wake up since I"m not at home. Well technically I am but this isn't my home. Home is where my mate and my other baby are. This home was just a temporary home. "Mama, I'm thirsty." I sat up and looked at JongSeok, who seemed out of it or something but he wasn't completely here. I felt his forehead and found out he didn't have a fever so my only guess was that he had a nightmare, woke up, but never went back to sleep.

 

"Did you have a nightmare?" I asked him after I got off the bed then picked him up. He nodded and put his head on my shoulder. "Did you wake up?" He nodded again and this time it broke my heart. I walked out of the room and started heading towards the staircase. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

 

JongSeok buried his face deeper in my neck and I felt my shoulder get a little damp. "Because I didn't want to wake you up." He said in a broken voice and it just broke my heart that JongSeok had to go through the whole night, awake and afraid. I should've told him before we went to bed that it was alright for him to wake me up, even if he already does at home, but he never spends a night alone and having to go through a nightmare, probably reliving it when he's awake.

 

"Do you remember what it was about?" I asked quietly as I walked downstairs and tried to get JongSeok to remember as much as he can of his nightmare.

 

"It was about Uncle Kris," I stopped and moved JongSeok away from my shoulder and made him look at me. He knows when I'm like this, he better tell me what happened. "It's when we're older and Uncle Kris is mad at me because I'm a future seeker." I kissed JongSeok's forehead then his nose.

 

"That will never happen baby. Even if it does, daddy and I will protect you." He nodded and wrapped his arms around my neck. I heard someone clearing their throat, turned around, and saw my dad with sad eyes and I don't understand why he looks like that. It took me awhile but everything clicked together and I understand why he looks like that. "Everything is fine dad, I promise." He held up his hands and gave a silent sigh.

 

"If you say so. I'm not forcing you to say anything to me. You know your mother and I are always here for you kids." I gave him a little thanks and walked into the kitchen where I saw Luhan and Kang just talking the day away.

 

"I like daddy taking care of us but I you make it fun." Luhan smiled at Kang's comment and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Jiao misses you too," a stray tear fell from Luhan's eye but Kang quickly wiped it away. "Daddy misses you alot. Sometimes he cries to sleep because he misses you. I stayed up with him on night so that he won't feel alone."

 

I decided to make my presence known and Luhan immediately took JongSeok from me and squeezed my child to death. I walked up to Kang and kissed his head.  Kang gave me a smile and I noticed that one of his front teeth were missing. I looked at Luhan and he looked like he was too engrossed with JongSeok.

 

"Baby, did you lose your tooth last night?" I knew that his tooth was loose, I just didn't expect it to fall out so soon.

 

He nodded his head and gave another smile. "I told mommy that it was loose and I was showing him how loose it was then it came out!" I looked at Luhan and saw that he was smiling as he was looking at Kang. I let a smile spread across my face as I looked at my nephew and my brother.

 

He's waiting to put it underneath his pillow when he goes home." Luhan informed me but I couldn't shake off the feeling as if he didn't want to come home with us.

 

"Luhan when YiXing wakes up, we need to talk." He nodded at what I said, picked up Kang, and walked out of the kitchen after he told me that he would be in his room.

 

I brought JongSeok in the living room and the television to where the stupid sponge that lives under the sea in a pineapple is playing. JongSeok loves this show too much and so does ZiFan. Tao and I don't understand why they enjoy this show. It's so mind numbing that it kills us, literally.

 

I kept on thinking about how Luhan looked at Kang this morning. He seemed torn about staying here and going back home. I don't think it's a hard choice. If I saw my kid for the first time in God knows how long, I would go back home and try to talk to my mate and figuring out whatever it is that we need to work on. Chen and I would never have a fued like Sehun and Luhan did.

 

Kang was so happy when he finally saw Luhan again, that it almost brought tears to my eyes. If JongSeok was away from me for that long, he wouldn't be able to survive. Chen doesn't know how to deal with JongSeok like I do. For example, JongSeok likes to sleep in a certain way, that I can't even explain how it looks. Chen doesn't know that and if he sees JongSeok sleeping like that, he'll probably put him in a more comfortable position, but for JongSeok that position is comfortable and he barley has nightmares if he sleeps like that.

 

I was surprised by how long Sehun lasted without having an emotional breakdown in front of the kids after Luhan's sudden departure. We all thought that he would barley pass a day or two but he proved all of us wrong and we were very happy for the pup. Sehun finally learned what a submissive wolf goes through. He did give us credit for how we can keep a schedule like ours and still have time for ourselves.

 

"Mommy," I looked at JongSeok and saw that he was pointing at the hallway. I turned around and saw YiXing holding Yinho but YiXing looked scared that it made me scared.

 

"YiXing what's wrong?" He put Yinho down and my nephew ran towards JongSeok. Both of theme got engaged in the stupid show, that I decided to get up and walked to YiXing. "Yi, what happened?"

 

"Suho tried to lie to Kris and tell him that we were seeing on old friend, but Kris threatened Chen. They're on their way here. We have to persuade Luhan to come back home before Kris comes and drags us back. I don't want to leave without feeling like we didn't do anything." I nodded in agreement and looked back towards our kids, who were now on the floor, still watching that show.

 

"Let's go," YiXing and I walked out of the living room and started to make our way upstairs.

 

When we were in front of Luhan's door, YiXing knocked on it a few times before Luhan finally answered it but had his finger over his mouth. We walked in and saw Kang sleeping on the bed.

 

"He just fell asleep. He barely got any sleep last night." He sat on the bed while YiXing and I stayed standing up. "I know why you two are here. I want to go back but I just don't want to deal with Sehun being immature."

 

 "Luhan, he grew up after you left. He now understands why you gave up Jiao. It's not the same without you at home. Luhan please come back." YiXing pleaded with our brother.

 

Luhan opened his mouth and what was about to leave his mouth would determine if he was coming back or not.


A/N:

I'm so sorry that this chapter is so late but school started and I'm now a senior in high school so updates will become less frequent but they will be longer!

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3