What?

Raising The Pack

Tao POV

 

"Why would you do that Luhan?" YiXing asked him but again we got the same response, 'I'm only helping our pack.' 

 

YiXing, MinSeok and I were still in shock over Luhan's decision about giving up his baby girl. We all know that Sehun loves her and by Luhan doing this, it's hurting Sehun more than it is Luhan. 

 

Kris was more in shock because he had offered Kang to Siwon's pack but Kang does have an official mate now and if Kris would still have given up Kang, there would've have been one less ally. I know Kris doesn't want any of the girl pups to be offered like Jiao, hell I was about to offer Zina before Luhan said his daughter's name. 

 

"Luhan are you sure you want to give up your baby girl?" Baekhyun asked as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. I am concerned as to why Baekhyun is acting like this but for now, my attention is on my brother. 

 

"I didn't want to but I don't want to lose them as allies." Luhan told us before he broke down into pitiful sobs. "I don't want Sehun to be mad at me." 

 

The other dominate wolves took Sehun out hunting to get his mind off of what Luhan had done, but knowing my brother's mate, he would hold this against Luhan for along time and would probably never forgive him. 

 

It's painful to know that your child already has a mate. What is that they don't have a say and have to mate with the person their parents set them up with. 

 

Take ZiFan and Jonghyun for example. Jonghyun is only a year younger than ZiFan and he already knows that he's the future mate of the next alpha. That's alot to take in for a baby and it's not far for the submissive wolf. ZiFan can officially state Jonghyun as a mate when he turns six years old, which is two weeks after Suho's birthday. 

 

I looked over at Kyungsoo and Baekhyun and saw that they were whispering to each other and Baekhyun looked really uncomfortable. I decided to know what was wrong with Baekhyun. 

 

"If you need anything Luhan, you know where to find me." I told him with a smile. He tried to return the smile but it came out as a broken one with a few tears leaving his eyes. I stood up and walked over to Baekhyun, bent down and whispered, "Come with me." Before a left the living room and walked to my room. 

 

I heard the door close behind me and sat on my bed, Baekhyun doing the same thing. I sighed heavily and waited for him to say something but he didn't. 

 

"What's wrong?" I asked him. His whole body stiffened and he looked like he was about to cry. 

 

He took a deep breath before looking at me. "I think I may be pregnant." My jaw dropped and my eyes widened.

 

A male submissive can only bare two children in his lifetime. If he bared a third child than he is considered lucky and the pack can be more powerful. In Baekhyun's situation, he wasn't born as a wolf, so his chances of baring another pup is higher than my chance.

 

"How do you know?"

 

"I've been throwing up constantly and I don't have that much of an appetite." He stopped for a second and shuddered a breath before looking back at me. "I'm scared Tao. I don't want to lose this one. It was so hard losing my first one that I'm scared I may lose this one."

 

"But you have two healthy children. I think you will have this one." He shook his head and a sad smile played on his face. 

 

"I don't have healthy children. Chanhyun has a ed up immune system and Jonghyun has asthma. There's nothing healthy about my children." I don't know how to respond. I didn't know about Jonghyun's asthma but I did know about Chanhyun's immune system. I do feel bad for Baekhyun because it is a high risk for a male submissive to be pregnant with a third child. 

 

"Let's go to the doctors." I told him as I got up and started to put on my jacket. 

 

"Right now?" He asked as confusion took over his face. I nodded and gave him one of my jackets. 

 

"Let's see if your pregnant or not." He put on the jacket and we left the room. 

 

When we got downstairs, he stopped when he saw Chanyeol coming in the house with all the other wolves. I knew he was scared to tell Chanyeol about this but I want him to know for sure if he's pregnant or not before we drop the ball on everybody. I tugged him to the door and we almost left but his giant grabbed his arm, spun him around and gave him a kiss on the lips, Kris doing the same thing with me. 

 

"Where are you going?" He asked as he zipped up my jacket. 

 

"I'm taking Baekhyun to the doctors. He doesn't feel good."

 

"Have Suho look at him, I'm not letting you two go out. It's almost late and hunters are bound to be in the forest when it's late." I looked at Baekhyun and he was trying his best to assure that he was fine to Chanyeol. I was about to argue with Kris but one look on his face made me turn in my tracks. "Suho, take a look at Baekhyun." The other wolf nodded and told Baekhyun to follow him. "Go too." I nodded and gave Kris a kiss before I went upstairs and walked into Suho's room. 

 

"What seems to be the problem?" He asked after I closed the door and sat next to Baekhyun, who closed his eyes and pursed his lips into a thin line. 

 

"I think I'm pregnant." Like I expected, Suho's jaw dropped and his eyes widened. 

 

"Are you sure?" Suho asked and I think he's probably going to take Baekhyun to his office. 

 

Baekhyun let a few tears leave his eyes and he shook his head. "Suho, I really do think I am but I don't know for sure. I want to confirm it." Suho nodded and told Baekhyun that he had to go to the office to confirm his pregnancy. 

 

We walked down stairs and saw that everyone was with their children. Kris was playing with ZiFan while Zina was watching in her dad's lap. Chanyeol was rocking Jonghyun back and forth while Chanhyun had his head on Chanyeol's lap. I looked at Luhan and saw that he was holding onto Kang while Sehun was in the kitchen, with him, holding onto Jiao like his life depended on it. 

 

"Kris, I have to take Baekhyun to my office and run some blood samples." Kris nodded and gave him permission to take Baekhyun but Chanyeol just looked confused.

 

"What's wrong with him?" Chanyeol asked, making Chanhyun look at his mom.

 

"He's sick but he needs to be tested because there's a fever going around pack's." Chanyeol was about to argue but Baekhyun reassured him that he was fine and he'll be back soon. 

 

I decided to stay, so I gave Baekhyun a hug and whispered encouraging things to him. 

 

After they left I walked to Kris and took my baby girl from his lap and sat down next to him, putting her on my lap. I leaned in and Kris met me halfway for a kiss. 


A/N:

Debating whether to do a double update or not...

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3