One Night

The Vampire's Slave

 

Eun Bi's P.O.V.

 

An hour later we've arrived to the airport and we took a private ship with a driver that Youngmin knows very well. I think the old man knows Youngmin is a wolf and that I am a vampire, but he wasn't scared at all. It was as if Youngmin was like a son to him.

A minute had passed and the old man started the ship's engine. The ship was very amazing and beautiful too. It had a very beautiful dining room and 5 rooms. It wasn't the type of a big ship, it was just medium.

Then I noticed Kwangmin giving a cold shoulder to me and Youngmin. I understand him since it was a shocking day for him knowing that he is brothers with Youngmin who was turned into a wolf after taken that one night.

I followed Kwangmin inside his room and he was lying on his bed. I closed the door silently behind me and sat beside him.

"Are you okay?" I asked him and regretted for asking such question. I knew he wasn't ok. He didn't answer and just turned to me. He placed his arms at the back of his head and smiled wryly.

I continued with a half-smile, "Do you want my gift now? Since it's your birthday?"

"Yes." He responded in a low voice. So, I leaned down closer to him and pressed my lips against his lips and somehow, I tasted perfection again and it was like the world cracked open.

After kissing him, we both smiled at each other and my hair fell down his cheeks.

"Thanks." He thanked me. "You made me feel better."

"I know that." I smiled again. "Listen, you need to accept him. He is your brother."

"What if he's lying?"

"I don't think so. He doesn't sound like lying... and besides I think you two have things in common."

He stopped lying on bed and sit up on bed with me beside him.

"Ok." He said.

"Then talk to him."

"I'm not ready yet."

"Okay. I'll wait when you're ready. “I smiled and combed his hair with my hands in a minute and then left his room after waving goodbye.

It was already dark outside and it was cold. I wandered in the ship and thought about some stuffs. Like how the vampires are doing now, about the wolf queen and the other wolves. And about the fact that Youngmin might be angry of me after I killed Sulli.I have to admit I regretted killing her, and killing Taemin-oppa too.

I went to near the ship's side and watched the blue ocean as it started waving.

I wished I was able to spend that time with Kwangmin but I knew right now he just wasn't feeling good.

 

 

 

 

Then I heard someone coughed so I turned back. I saw Youngmin covering himself with a brown blanket, he looked like he was freezing and he coughed. But he stopped after he turned to me.

"Oh, sorry," I apologized in an apologetic look. "Did I bother you? I'm really sorry, I couldn't stop coughing. Maybe, I should leave you alone---" when he stood up I stopped him.

"No," I interrupted with a smile. "Please stay."

He sat back again on the bench and leaned his back on the wall.

"Are you cold?" I asked him from a far and I was sure he heard me well but he didn't answer. "Oh, I think you are. Sorry - you should go sleep in your room or you'll get sicker than now."

"I'm okay, I like it here."

"No you don't. You were just about to leave, weren't you?"

"Yeah, about to leave and stay near the ship's other side."

"Youngmin-shi!" I got irritated by the way he talks to me but I tried to calm myself and sat down beside him. "Come on," I turned to him and he turned back.

"Are you going to turn him into a vampire?" He asked. 

"Why do you always ask me about that?"

"Because I care about him."

"You care about him? Oh, right, he's your brother huh..."

"And I can't turn him into a wolf like me. I'm not that kind of wolf. When I bit a human, they don't turn into a wolf like me instead they just die. Except if I it was just a slight injury."

"Ahh... that's why you want me turn him." I looked away. "I don't want to."

"Even if he dies?"

I turned to him and he looked away. Once again, I noticed him freezing. I was wondering if it was because of the cold wind, and also wonders why he was freezing and shivering like that.

"I think you should go into your room. It's freezing here." I suggested.

"Don't worry. I'm punishing myself in a place that I like." Again, he irritated me but at the same time, I was worried about him.

"Youngmin-ahi..." I touched his shoulder with my right hand and could feel his shoulder a little hot, "please, if you don't go to sleep, then let's go back and go to ---" I stopped when my hand reached for his forehead. He was on fire (not like his hair or body is burning!). "You're sick."

He removed my hand away from his forehead and again I felt his hand on fire. He gestured for me to leave but I didn't listen to him.

"We should go back. We need to get you into a hospital." I told him.

"I told you not to worry about me," he smirked and sighed. "You don't me. So just worry about your lover."

"But ---" He cut me off.

"Please leave me alone."

I could feel my tears coming out, but it wouldn't. I remembered feeling guilty for killing his lover, Sulli. I shouldn't have done it, I repeated on my mind, yet it was too late.

"Are you mad of me because I killed Sulli? “I asked him and he turned to me with a surprised expression.

"I don't want to hear that."

"I'm sorry."

"Just forget about it! She's already dead... she's gone." For a moment of silence, he began to tear up and then wiped them away after looking away from me. He continued. "There's nothing else I can do."

I felt my arms shivering, and also like I wanted to hug him. And so I did. I hugged him because that was what I thought was the right thing to do. "I'm really sorry. I didn't know. I was just so mad." I apologized even though I know Sulli has done wrong things to me and to Kwangmin, I still felt the guilt that someone who loves her is suffering about her death.

"You... really need to go to your room." I told him again and moved back.

"I want to stay here," he looked at me, "I told you I'm punishing myself.” He looked up turning to the stars above and I joined him looking at the bright shining stars. "I'm punishing myself for coming back late." He added.

 

 

While we just spent our time looking up the stars I remembered myself being a child, watching the stars while I was outside our house, having a high fever.

I remembered when I was still human.

When my mother called me to go inside but I was being stubborn. So, to make me feel better she joined me outside and made me sleep on her lap while I watched the stars and while she was combing my hair with her hands.

I told this guy beside me about that past.

"I miss my parents," I admitted.

"I know you do." He said.

We were still looking up the stars.

I went on, "She always say 'If I can't stop my child from being stubborn and staying outside when she's sick, then I'll stay with child here' .That time, I was sick and watching the stars. Mom joined me. Then she'd make me lie on her lap, covering me with my beloved blanket while she make moves with her hands on my hair.

“Then she'd tell me that while I watch the stars... I should wish for only 1 thing... to get well." I added.

“You really miss her..."

I nodded my head and added, "And my dad."

He smiled and I went on again. "I want to be like her. So," I turned to him and he also turned to me. "That's why, sick boy. Lie down my lap, and just think of feeling better. That way, you can also see the stars clearly without raising your neck. Right?"

He chuckled. "Kwangmin will be so jealous."

"Of course not. I'm just being caring to my lover's brother. Besides, Kwangmin will be the one and only love of my life in my heart forever. That'll never change." I told him in a dreamy tone.

He chuckled again and agreed, "Okay, okay." He lie down my lap and turned his eyes up above, watching the stars. "I wish to get well while I sleep on your lap."

I smiled at him and slide my hand carefully up and down on his hair.

 

 

 

Kwangmin's P.O.V.

 

I decided to come out of my room in the ship since I couldn't sleep. I wanted to see Eun Bi and if I see Youngmin who’s actually my brother, I'd talk to him.

 

When I stepped out and wandered around looking for Eun Bi and Youngmin, but they weren't in their room.

 

I started getting worried about them especially to Eun Bi.

 

What if something happened? I thought.

I started to run around calling their name.

 

 

Then suddenly, I saw Eun Bi. I was about to call out her name but when I noticed she wasn't alone... that someone was lying on her lap. I felt my heart sank seeing Youngmin with her.