Hide and Seek

The Vampire's Slave

Eun Bi's P.O.V.

 

I couldn't stop myself. I pressed my lips to my slave's. I don’t know what came to me ,all I know is that, I am drunk. I am sure I didn't know what I was doing. But 2 things are confusing me. The first one is that, I kissed him because I wanted to. I'm not sure why but I find his eyes dazzling. I find him handsome like never before. The second and last, I kissed him because I wanted to his blood. Yet at the same time, I was unbelievably falling in love to my slave. But I tell myself, I can stop this, and Oppa can help me. 

When I pulled myself away from him, I realized he was unconscious. I wonder if he was scared of me that am why he collapsed or something. He couldn't die just because I kiss him, right? I thought to myself. I'm not poisonous, that wouldn't be the reason.

But he was tired, exhausted. He might be ill, I thought. After seeing blood, after offering me his own blood. I'm sure his sick of it.

It would be worst if I made him sleep in the dungeon, so I carried him on my bed. I have a responsibility for him, like he has for me. But tomorrow morning, I have to pretend that nothing happened.

It will be my birthday tomorrow. We will be celebrating by night. Oppa and Siwon brought me their gifts. They call 'those' special, but it wasn't for me.

Although Ji Yeon betrayed me, I can’t just finish her off. As to Kwangmin's mother, I shouldn't too. Not because he is my slave's mother, not because I care so much about my slave and his family, it's just that , she's a mother. Like I once had my own mother too.

By the morning I had made plans to free the two people that somehow are important to me. I will have to talk with Kwangmin about it too.

Kwangmin's P.O.V.

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. Well, at first ,it was unfamiliar. But as the blur goes away, I remembered the place and what had happened last night. I also noticed that my wrist now was covered with a dressing. I was also on the bed of my master, Eun Bi. I lay up to look around and I saw her. Looking outside the windows with both her hands on her pocket of her yellow leather jacket.

"Good morning," she greeted me without looking.

"Hush--- good morning." I greeted back and placed my feet on the floor and was about to stand .My heart almost exploded when she appeared in front of me in a glimpse. I surely have to get used of that.

"I thought about what you said yesterday," she gave me a wry smile. "I will free them. But what if they come back?"

I sighed and looked on the floor, "Is there anyone who can make them forget they ever got in here and that they saw you and me?"

"There is?"

I glanced up at her, hopefully. "There is someone who can help us. But I am not so sure if she would."

"Who are you talking about?"

"Sulli." Her voice wasn't happy or excited that there’s someone that can help us make the two humans forget what happened. As if, hearing Sulli’s name from her own mouth was a disgrace for her. "But I don’t think she would listen to me. She hates me." I see. I noticed that too. "You have to tell her. " She suggested.

"What? Why me? " I asked ,demanding. "What if she kills me? What if she tells everybody?"

"Don't worry. I'm right by your side." She Sais and smiled expansively.

"Oh" was all that I uttered ,I looked down the floor again and felt the wind. When I glance up she wasn't in front of me anymore, she was near the door.

She stared at me in terror. Someone was knocking on the door and it might be Taemin.

"Hide." she whispered to me.

And I did what she said. I too, don’t want to get caught. Especially if Taemin misinterprets us. As I remember the night when Eun Bi kissed me, I was both glad, but afraid.

I looked around as I stood, looking for a safe hiding place. Eun Bi told me to hide under her bed, not breathe and stay still. I heard her say that on my mind. I was wondering how she did that. Talk to people's mind? Taemin or Dracula might have given her that strong power.

In a brief, after the shock, I crawled under her bed and hide myself. The long blanket helped ,without it, I would be easily seen.

I heard the door open and closed. Taemin was now inside.

"Is something wrong?" Taemin asked her.

"What would be wrong?" She asked innocently.

"Nothing." I listened to the footsteps as it went louder and clearer. I realized he was now sitting on Eun Bi's bed, while Eun Bi was in front of him. "Happy birthday," he greeted her.

"Thanks."

"So... tonight we are going to have your party. You will also be able to touch Dracula's mantle. And if you want it, I can give it to you."

"No... Oppa, it's yours. Dracula wanted it to be yours. So, don’t give it to me. I am not a rightful next Dracula."

There was a brief silence. But Eun Bi continued.

"I still have to change. Can I have privacy?"

"Of course..."  Taemin stood up and stepped forward until I heard the door open again. But he stopped.

"What?" Eun Bi asked. I couldn't see them though. "What's with that look ,Oppa?"

"I smell something." He said.

Uh-oh, I thought. What if that was me? I saw in movies that Vampires are like dogs. They can smell like dogs. So he might have smelled a human inside the room. At that moment, my heart was pounding. If Taemin strikes me now, I would be helpless. Vampires are stronger - that humans, I guess. If only, I have a stake or a flamethrower with me I can strike back, but I don’t.

I listened to his footsteps again. Coming near again. I realized he was standing again, by the bed.

"Oppa -- I should get dressed -" Eun Bi tried to distract him but he cut her off.

"I smell human." He said again. "If my instincts are right. He will really be punished."

"Oppa-"

And then there he was. He moved the blanket away from the bed, throwing it on the floor. He knelt down his right leg, his arms leaning on the bed and his head down. He saw me.

Oh, .I thought.