Denials

The Vampire's Slave

Sulli’s P.O.V.

He pushed me away and jumped out of the bed.

I didn’t understand his expression at all, does he not like me? But I have to try my best.

I jumped out of his bed and looked at him. “What’s wrong?” I asked him.

“This isn’t right.” He said. “I --- I … I only love Eun Bi.”

So he likes her. That’s painful. All guys that I turn out to have feelings for always like the same girl, Eun Bi. That’s why I hate Eun Bi so much.  Ever since she came to the vampire family, all attentions that were supposed to be mine were stolen.

I sighed, annoyed to myself.

Kwangmin turned his back from me, facing the window, watching the skies or somewhere else. I looked away, listened to him.

“About Eun Bi – I’ve known her since we were in 3rd grade. I really liked her since then. But she never noticed me…” he paused and then continued. “But I’m never going to give her up. You shouldn’t give up Taemin too.”

“I’m already over him,” I told him, “I don’t have feelings for him anymore. I like you now, just you.”

“But I can’t like you. I don’t want to forget and give up my first love. “

Of course, I thought.

As he went on with his story about him and Eun Bi, I decided to leave. I didn’t want to listen anymore. It wasn’t admirable to listen to, not worth to listen to, it was a story that I have no intention to listen too. It was just his stupid story.

When I went back to our home, Griffin, all I thought about was REVENGE. Over Eun Bi.

Selfish, or evil, whatever, I wanted to do it because I hated him and I will always hate her for stealing everything from me.

Even if the revenge means, for her life to be gone forever.

Fire. Were all afraid of fire – us vampires. But of course, it’s no use if were wearing the holy necklace which enables us to walk into the sunlight and even watch the bonfires. So I had to take her necklace away.

At night, when she was sleeping I took her necklace. I hid it on the flower vase, the flower vase Taemin had given him . It was outside her room. She wouldn’t be able to get it if she’s trap inside her room on fire.  I know.  

 The following day, I set up a fire inside her house. Gas leak inside her room and then it started to fire. It was no use for me, and I stepped out of her room in not time. Waiting for her to scream.

I walked over to the side, and watched outside the window. It was time she’s going to be gone forever.

But then Onew came. He was at my back. We looked at each other.

“I saw you,” he said. “Why did you set fire in her room? “

“What are you planning now, Onew?” I asked him ,serious and insolent tone. “Are you planning to save her? Leave her alone? Tell everybody?”

“None of them.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I just want to stop you. “

“Stop what? I already set the fire –“

“No – not that. “ He sighed, “ But to stop you from your revenge. Stop you from leaving her alone in that fire. I want you to save her , I want you to set out that fire and return her necklace. She needs it.”

“Why do you care so much about her?”

“She didn’t do anything to you. And besides, she is Dracula.”

“You’re wrong, Onew. She did something to me. Horrible. Twice.”

“She doesn’t know.”

“But I know! And it hurts!” I cried, my tears flowed over my cheeks. “I hate her because all the guys that I like like her! I know it’s stupid, and that I’m becoming silly – and that I’m selfish… but I can’t take it anymore.”

He just stared at me.

“Onew… can you please understand me?”

“I don’t know.”

“Fine-“ I sighed and cleared my throats. “Would you say I’m selfish just like what I think I am?”

“No.” He looked down, “Not to your face.” And those were painful words to hear. I am selfish, I thought, repeating it over and over again in my mind.

Then I heard a car stopped  outside our house. I looked outside the window. The car was familiar, and when the guy came out,  I was surprised. He shouldn’t be here.

Kwangmin shouldn’t be here. 

Eun Bi’s P.O.V.

I woke up smelling fire. I coughed and layup, there was fire all around me. I was burning – slowly burning.

“,” I exclaimed. “What happened here?!”

I thought – why am I burning? I wasn’t wearing my necklace – my holy necklace. I jump off bed and wear the Dracula’s mantle while I was still in my pajamas.

It was painful, the burning of my whole body, my face. 

“Help!” I cried out for help but no one heard me, no one was there to help me.  My room’s large , only a few –but many steps and I’d reach the door knob. But I was too weak to do that, I was burning slowly.

I could hear the flames through the beams of the ceiling. The smoke was very thick, they were rising into my lungs. I coughed over and over again.

I dropped to the floor and crawled as hard as I can.

“Eun Bi!” I heard someone called my name.

The voice was familiar, it must be someone I know.

“Eun Bi!” a guy voice called me again.

I know that voice. It’s Kwangmin’s. I was sure about it. I need to call him back, he’s the only one that can help me out of here.

My visions were so blurred already, but I tried to look at the door waiting for him to come in with maybe a – fire extinguisher. And he did.

“Eun Bi!” He yelled my name when he saw me on the floor, my face burned, everything. 

He reached for me and pulled me up, his arms on me, my cheek into his chest.  Somehow, I felt warm.

I heard him used the fire extinguisher, and I felt that the fire was gone. 

In Kwangmin’s arms, I didn’t feel the scary flames, I felt his cold like ice – arms.

“Are you OK?” He asked me, pulling me back away ,and his palms on my shoulder.

I hid my face, afraid for him to see my face burned. But when I touched my face, I was back to normal.

I turned to him again, “What happened?” My mind was racing. “Why was there fire?” But I remembered he wouldn’t know except if he set the fire but of course it wasn’t him. There must have been an accident.  And besides, he doesn’t belong here – we already brought him back to where he came from.

“What are you doing here anyway?” I asked him and moved away his hands from my shoulders.

“I came to see you. But then I saw fire from your window. So I ran here and took a fire extinguisher.  But are you OK? You were burned just a while ago.”

“I’m fine. But I don’t have my necklace.”

“I will help you look for it.”

“No, I’m fine.” I turned back and looked around. My room was full of dirt – ashes, all caused by that fire. “You should leave before the others come back.” I told him.

“I want to talk to you.”

I looked at him, “What is it? Make it fast.”  Then he hugged me tight.

“I love you, Eun Bi. I love you.” He confessed.

That moment, I wanted to tell him I love him too. But somehow, I know that I shouldn’t. It’s for his own good, and my own good. I was only protecting myself and my past slave .

I pushed him away, carefully and politely. “Sorry. I only love Taemin-oppa.” I lied to him.

I was stupid to lie. I could see his eyes hurt, his heart broken. I could see and feel them. But I try to ignore.

“Now leave.” I ordered him . “You don’t belong here.”

“Do you really love him?”

“I never lay, Kwangmin.” I lied again.

There was a brief silence at that moment. Then Sulli rushed inside, Onew behind him.

“What happened here?” She asked, her voice husky.

“Just a fire accident,” I told her as I looked at her . “By the way, bring Kwangmin back to where he came from.  I’m going to tell Taemin about the fire accident.”

I left . I completely ignored him , and I denied to myself that I love him, that I was in love only to Taemin-oppa and I never looked back.