Long Time No See

The Vampire's Slave

 

We began the tour in the woods. A far-away forest and island, too, I think.  It's field-trip time and everyone was so excited.

But all I wished that time was to be with the girl I like so much ever since I was in 3rd grade. I know - I fell in love to her but she doesn't know, and I was just too young by then. But my feelings for her never changed. Her name is Eun Bi.

We are classmates, though it takes alternation every year such as in the 3rd Grade, both of belonged into the same class then in 4th Grade, we’re not, so on and so forth and now, we are again.

She is beautiful, the most beautiful girl for me.

Her hair is like chestnut, it was natural and long. Her face is pale, her eyes were light brown - shining, glimmering, I Love it - she has the most beautiful eyes too. I am quiet obsessed about Eun Bi.

She was with her best friend that time, Ji Yeon.

Later, it was dark, 8 pm and we were still wandering in the woods. Then one of our classmates played a prank on us, that he was some kind of vampire. He scared everyone, of course, except me, I stayed on my spot, all I wanted was to see Eun Bi, and making sure she was safe. Everyone was gone now - running.

The guy who played the prank came out of the big tree, laughing. I shoved him angrily; he shouldn't have scared away the others. That's why I had a fight with him. My face was bruised, his was too.

Everyone came back to our camp spot where we would sleep inside our tent. Our teacher checked if we were still complete. But Ji Yeon raised her hand saying that she lost Eun Bi. I was shocked.

The whole night, I wanted to look for her but the teacher decided we look for her in the morning. She must have been so scared. But we never found her.

3 months had passed already. I already missed her. She could be dead... or just missing in action. I don’t really know. I have never thought of coming to the woods - no one ever thought of coming back.

Maybe - except me.

 

Kwangmin's P.O.V.

“Don’t go into the woods; that place is dangerous!” my mother scolded me, but being the ignorant teen I
was, I paid no heed to her advice.
 
I left the house after packing my things; I was leaving. I’ve explained to my mother that all I ever wanted
to do was to find Eun Bi and bring her back to safety, but she never listens. I’ve ignored my mother’s
pleas; she doesn’t understand me, my pain. I know Eun Bi is alive – I can feel it.

I started the engine of my car after I threw my bag at the back seat.

I saw my mother run after me through the window, but she soon gave up because of exhaustion and
started yelling for me to come back.
 

I didn't want to make her angry, but I had to do it. 

I was positive that as soon as my father gets home, he would start looking for me and possibly start
panicking again.

My father is a military, and tonight would be his home schedule. I wonder what his reaction would be.

* * *

I arrived in the forest after an hour. Almost an hour. The same forests, that time we had a field trip and Eun Bi got lost and never came back, never was found.

There was no body, literally. There wasn’t a decomposed body, or a half-eaten body; nothing. She’s just gone with the wind – creepy. I guarded myself in case something bad would pop out. I looked around. For three months, I’ve been waiting. I waited for a miracle, for a sign, for her to come back. I grew tired of waiting; my hope and faith were wavering. I had to find her, I just had to. Even if everyone else fails or gives up, I won’t. I’ll never fail and I sure as hell will not give up; not on her.
 

I took an axe from my car and held it tight with my right hand.

As a child, I had this sick satisfaction in playing with an axe. Even so, I would never kill anyone – well, other than, probably, myself. I chuckled dryly at the attempted joke.

I walked to the woods, slowly. But when I heard something, maybe the wind I got panic. I ran and felt my way through the bushes. Sharp thorns pricking at my hands.  It was dark. I could hear the animals screaming in terror, the leaves cackling and the wind mocking me. The wind blowing, they scared me and made me think that there's a wolf or something like a wild bear.

My heart is racing. I thought it would explode. I was shuddering. Until, I realized I was in the middle of the woods.

Suddenly, I felt someone pushed me hard and I fell on the ground. My back hurts and I could feel someone touching my chest. But I couldn't open my eyes; I felt pain like my back broke. A sudden attack that made me fall back the ground was like killing me.

Finally I managed to open my eyes... and I wasn't expecting to see who I was looking for now in front of me, both of us down, holding my shirt and staring at each other's eye. I was happy to finally see her.

"Eun Bi... I found you! Your here!" I shouted happily.

But then I saw her fangs. Red lips. Blood falling from . I was stunned. Now my shirt was stained with blood.

Is she dead? I thought. I thought about impossible things like did someone her back with a knife - my axe, indeed? But there wasn't any sign of it. But it couldn't possibly what I was thinking, that she might have gone wild and got very hungry so she ate animals. 

"What's wrong with you?" I asked her, my voice breaking.

She didn't answer... she smelled me. Her nose on my throats. Her eyes wide. Then she stopped it, she half-smiled. She looked scary. Blood fell on my face. I wanted to cover my mouth and nose so that I wouldn't smell the blood but she was holding me tight.

"Who are you?" she asked me.

"I --- I --- I am your friend! I was looking for you! It has been 3 months! L -- Long time no see?" I said.

"I don’t remember having a friend like you. As sweet as you." She said, smiling. "I am sorry, young man .I like your blood. It smells sweet. So I will finish you now."

"Only vampires do that."

"I am a vampire."

My heart almost stopped beating. I watched her as she slowly held my hand high near to . Her fangs about to touch it. I almost lost my mind silently. I am going to die, I thought. But no, I shouldn't. I came here to save her, to bring her back, not to die by her hands --- or mouth I think, I said on my mind.

"Don’t!" I yelled at her. She glared at me and paused what she was about to do. "Don't kill me." I pleaded. "Please," I went on, "I will do anything for you! Anything! Just don’t kill me. " 

"Anything?" she repeated with an evil smile.

"Anything." I repeated again.

"Blood donation? And... You will have to help me find my food; bring my food to me - humans... animals... their blood. It can be your blood too. 1 glass of blood in breakfast, another 1 in lunch ,and another one in dinner. But sometimes , I drink much more than that every day. “She smiled wryly.

"Anything." I said shuddering.

"Then you will be my slave too. My only slave. And you will always have to defend me," she lets go my hand and help me stood up. Now we were facing each other while standing. “Especially to my brothers and sisters. Especially to older brother!" she added.

"You don’t have brothers and sisters." I told her. Of course she doesn't. I know a lot about her. She is an only child! She doesn't have brothers and sisters with her flesh and blood.

"I have now." she said. "If I make trouble... you have to defend me. Like... you did it. Not me. You understand me?" she ordered.

That moment, all I wanted to do was carry her and bring her back to her home- real home where her parents are waiting for her and her best friend is waiting for her! I am waiting for her and my parents are waiting for her! I wanted to tell her too - but I thought to myself, it just wasn't the right time. I had to be patient. I had to bring her back but how. Or maybe, I would just spend my time with her- forever.

But I couldn't just leave my family. I was talking to a vampire, means, she died. She is an undead! I had to forget about her, I wanted to run, but I couldn't. She dead, but I still like her. This was the first time she ever smiled at me.

"Deal?” she said smiling again, blood covered her lips. "I can trust you then. Can I? Can you become my slave?" she asked.

Right. Eun Bi's slave, a vampire's slave. I have to go with the flow. I cannot run when there's a vampire. I will run sooner or later and tell the F.B.I. where vampires live when she introduce me to her home - new home - but with the vampires, her so called brothers and sisters. Then I will save her - only her. 

I had to...

I shook my head, and then we shake our hands. I can’t believe I am a vampire's slave. My parents will  freak out.