Uneasy

The Vampire's Slave

Kwangmin’s P.O.V.

I stepped out of the big mansion I was in. People were cheering a “Welcome Back “ to me ,but they think of me as Prince Youngmin. I know that’s weird and I bet they are not normal people, they are wolves like the 4 guys I met or maybe half vampires or full vampires. I can’t tell. Their faces are unreadable.

Donghyun and the others lead me to my way to the Queen of Wolves, same person who revived me and Youngmin’s mother. When I was finally in front of her, I can see her happy expression to see me – I mean Youngmin as me. She leaned closer to me to give me a hug. I recalled Youngmin’s pictures from the bed stand in his room, I don’t really think we look alike but all these people thinks I am him.

I saw Sulli sat on the royalty chair on the left side, leaving the middle and right empty. In a brief she lets go of me and gave me a wan smile.

I wanted to ask her how she revived me – from the death. If she does that then why didn’t she do the same to her own son Youngmin? But I know it wasn’t the right time to ask that, not time to be find out. That’ll be too soon. I’ll probably ask later but not to the Queen of course, someone who knows I’m not Youngmin.

The Queen draped her arms on my waist , leading me to the middle chair – red royalty chair. She made me sit there and whispered something as she leaned closer to me. “We have a surprise for you. I hope you will like them.” She smiled and sat back to her seat.

The 4 guys I just met : Donghyun, Jeongmin, Hyunseong and Min Woo bowed in front of the three of us, me ,the queen and Sulli. I have to get used to that too. They smiled briefly at me and Jeongmin grabbed a big red box  then leaned them forward to me.

“It’s yours, son.” The Queen said turning her head to mine. “Open it.”

I exhaled and carefully opened the red box. I almost choked myself when I saw what was inside. A huge Winnie the pooh doll ,almost the same size as the box.

“What’s this for?” I asked with my voice croaking.

“I said it’s for you. Isn’t that your favorite? I think you lost it when humans captured you.” She said.

“No. I don’t like Pooh. I like Pikachu.” I admitted and I noticed everyone looked at me in disbelief. Sulli giving me a silent warning using her eyes - ‘You’re Youngmin, not Kwangmin’ . Yeah, right ,I almost forgot about that, I never thought this would be easy to pretend. It’s very hard, so not easy!

 I faked a giggle and looked at the Queen, then Sulli, then Min Woo, then Donghyun, then Hyunseong and then Jeongmin who all had the same expression.

“I was kidding,” I said with a slight chuckle. “Of course, I love Pooh. My favorite.”

The Queen smiled and looked away. “Pooh was in your backpack when they captured you. You’re like a little kid carrying a toy with you in your bag. Then they killed you.” She sighed. “They burned your body after you died. Your Pooh was there. I wasn’t able to revive you too. Because they burned you. It must have been painful.” She laughed and turned toward me. “I don’t know how you came back, all so new. But I don’t care. What’s important is that you are back to me. To us, to your wife.” She gave Sulli a glance who smiled back to her and looked away. Trying to avoid the Queen’s dark eyes I think.

I can’t believe they all think I am Youngmin. Except to Donghyun, Hyunseong, Jeongmin ,Min Woo and Sulli! But somehow, I didn’t feel uncomfortable. But I feel nervous… yet empty. And I kept on repeating on my mind, I’m not Youngmin, I’m not their prince, I’m not Sulli’s husband and I’m not a wolf, I am only human. I really have to find a way out of this disaster.

Eun Bi’s P.O.V.

We searched everywhere in the woods for Kwangmin. But there was no sign of him. Neither his parents, his family, they all don’t know .All they know is that his father shot Kwangmin.

I didn’t eat breakfast, nor lunch and even dinner. Means I did not drink any blood nor eat human foods . I just locked myself inside my room. I am such a fool, such a loser, I can’t even find him. I’m a fool because I was too late when I told him that I love him. Now he’s gone. I couldn’t help myself imagining what could have happened to him.

In the silence, I cried until my eyes were so red. I cried while I was hugging my knees. I cried like a baby. But I was interrupted by the knock of Taemin-oppa. I wiped my tears away quickly and even though I locked my door Oppa was able to open it. He’s really something. He then poked his head in.

“Can I come in? “ He asked.

“Sure…” I answered trying to act cool like I did not cry or wasn’t… but I could still feel the redness of my eyes.

Oppa crossed the room and sat beside me.

“I can’t take it anymore,” He went on without looking at me. But I was looking at him. Waiting for him to continue, I didn’t want to ask what he meant. He paused for a while and sighed. In a brief seconds he continued. “You worrying about him. You thinking only about him. About how he’s doing. It makes me feel like a real loser when it comes to love. I really thought love was easy.”

“Oppa…” I said. “I’m so sorry…”

“I thought love was easy…” He looked into my eyes, our eyes locked into each other just like before. “That, it’s just gently holding your hands… kissing you when I want to… that love is just that. But I was wrong. It’s not easy. Because no matter what I do… you’re not letting me get into your heart.”

His words made me feel bad for him. My heart sank, I felt awful for everything… for lying that I loved him. But he made my lies worst too, he made me forget anything about Kwangmin… I realized he really likes me then. Oppa does. But I wanted to tell him I don’t feel the same for him, that no matter how hard I tried to push myself to love him the way he loves me, I couldn’t.

This time, he looked away. Slowly, tears run down his cheeks and he wiped them quickly.

“I’m weak, am I?” He asked with a chuckle. “When it comes to love, I’m a loser. So I’m weak. Though I almost killed the person you love, I am still weak and a loser. And he wasn’t. Because he won your heart.”

“Oppa…” I wanted to tell him to stop it, but my words won’t come out of my mouth. I just couldn’t find the right words to respond .

“But his stupid too…” He continued. “Because he disappeared. He left you. He shouldn’t have make you this sad.” He turned his eyes to mine again, squeezing my hands. “And I want you to be happy. So…If you want me to find him. Then let’s do that. I promise you he will be back to you. And at that time I won’t be a bother… I will never stop you from becoming happy. I promise.” He promised.