Rescue

The Vampire's Slave

Eun Bi’s P.O.V.

They came back at night at 8pm. Oppa gave me a human, a young girl, a child. She was already dead and her hair was brunette and eyes dark. She was pale and I didn’t want to taste her blood and finish it but I was very thirsty, so I bit her and sip her blood without hesitation.

Onew told Oppa and the others about the fire in my room. None of them had any idea who’s the suspect to what had happened, no one would set the fire too unless someone was really trying to kill me.

Onew also told them that Kwangmin came. Siwon and Oppa glared at me, I knew that would be their reaction. Honestly, their attitudes are the same. They are both mysterious in some ways,  and scary.

“Why did he come, Eun Bi?” Oppa asked me.

“Oh, I don’t know. He just passed by. Stupid, don’t you think?” I chuckled and continued sipping the blood of the child.

“He saved you?” He asked again.

“Coincidence.” I answered.

“Right.” He sighed . “But have you forgotten him? Like what I told you?”

I paused sipping and smirked at him, “I already did.” I lied. 

Later, before going to sleep, Onew approached me and handed me my necklace.

“Where did you get this?” I asked him curiously.  

“I saw it on the ground. You must have not noticed it fell.” He explained. So, there was nothing to be curious about.  After that, he left . I put on the necklace and make sure it wouldn’t fall off again. Or else, it could cause my life to be gone forever.

The following day, I found Onew eating chicken and drinking blood. I sat on the opposite chair, in front of him.

“It’s not weekend,” I told him and smiled.

“I’m mad. “ He said.

“Why?”

 “Because of a girl.”

“Really? So who? And why?”

“I can’t tell her I like her, but I want to. But she likes somebody else, and keeps on pushing herself to that guy. I think she’s stupid.” He bit the chicken and swallowed. “I want to kill that guy.”

“Who is this girl?”

“You don’t know her. So I won’t tell you.” He giggled. “You might kill her and drink her blood.”

“Wow. So you really like her huh? She’s human too- that’s cool. But that’s forbidden.”

“It’s only a puppy love.” Then he sips the blood from the glass.

I watched him as he sip the blood. When he put it down, there was half left. I recalled when Kwangmin offered his own blood for me to drink, I missed that, his blood , but I don’t want it anymore. I cannot finish him off- he’s human, I like him.

Then Onew sip again, but suddenly, it fell, his hands shaking. The glass fell on the table, blood covered the table.

“What’s wrong?” I asked worriedly.                     

He was shutting his eyes. He didn’t look really good. He might have seen something in the future.

Future – that’s his super ability, given to him by the late Dracula. To see the future. But only the future that he wants to see, or if there was a person he was thinking about.

“Kwangmin,” He mentioned Kwangmin’s name. I was stunned. It is possible he saw Kwangmin in the future that he was thinking of him.

I waited for him to continue, and tell me the future.

“He’s in danger,” he said and opened his eyes. “He’s in danger, I mean- He will be!” He repeated.

A Short Onew P.O.V.

“He’s in danger, I mean – He will be!” I repeated to Eun Bi whose eyes were filled with fear.

I saw the future in the morning, but that moment with Eun Bi I was only acting. To let her know.

Earlier in the morning , I was with Sulli in the living room. She was watching TV and I was beside her. We were having fun, chatting while watching and I didn’t want to cut off that fun by telling her what would happen to the guy she likes.

My mind told me to tell her, but my heart told me not to ; instead ,I should tell Eun Bi. It would only hurt me if I told Sulli. Seeing her with Kwangmin in his room was already painful, then seeing her saving him would be more painful even just by thinking.

Kwangmin’s P.O.V.

During class, I wasn’t really listening to the discussions. There was something else on my mind ; Eun Bi ,the fire accident and Taemin.

I had no chance to be with Eun Bi, but I thought – there was still a chance that she would come back to her parents who were still waiting.

After class, I walked home. Looking up the cloudy sky and shortly, it rained. Drops on my face.

I was yet so stunned when I felt someone’s hand on my mouth, “Don’t move.” An unfamiliar guy voice in gravelly voice said. But I didn’t trust that unfamiliar man, instead, I elbowed him, not knowing there were a lot at my back.

They all glared at me , 6 of them. The other one was holding a knife. But before I could escape from those crazy people, someone elbowed my head and dropped on the ground.

* * *

I woke up in an unfamiliar and dark – warehouse? And I was sitting on a chair, my mouth taped with a grey tape and my hands tied with rope at my back. It was all coming back to me, but they weren’t the vampires who hated me so much.

They were just pure humans, with broad muscles, scary faces, some of them looked like wrestlers.

“ What do you need with me?” I asked  ,my voice breaking but I cleared my throats .

“ We just want to show you to your father,” He said. Father? I thought. What’s this to do with my father? Then I saw the other guy handed a mobile phone to the guy in the middle who talked to me . The guy in the middle smirked and showed me the phone. “Once I call him, ask for help.”

“I would never do that!” I yelled.

“Stupid child.” He went on. “Do you know what’s this to do with your father anyway? Want to know?”

I shrugged, and nodded.

“Well – he owes me. And this –“ He pointed to each of the other 5 guys inside the dark warehouse. “This people are helping me for the revenge I am doing over your father.”

“Why does he owe you?” I asked.

“Well,” he continued, “ We were friends before. We were both militaries. But during one mission, he left me. He only thinks about himself. I was wounded, badly wounded. I thought we were best friends, I nearly died and he ignored me. But lucky me, I was saved by one of the militaries whom I don’t really know the name. But I lost my arms,” he showed his amputated arms. I haven’t noticed that because he was wearing a leather jacket. “And because of that, they had me quit being military. It’s all because of your father. And when I needed help ; money, he didn’t give me any. He is selfish! You father and son are the same! I have become like this because of him…”

He hates my father. I had to admit, I hate my father too. For beating me . But that guy would laugh at me if I tell him. Or worse than that. I looked down.

 “Oh,” was all that I said to the big guy.

I glanced up and he began dialing a number that was probably father’s.

“Hello?” I heard father’s voice on the phone.

The big guy moved the phone near to my mouth, giving me the sign to talk to father . But I didn’t. I was just afraid for father to hear me, afraid he’d find out 6 guys captured me.

Then the other guy pulled up my hair and I tried my hardest not to yell. Except when the big guy punched my stomach, that hurts so badly, I even coughed blood.

“Kwangmin? Is that you?” Father asked, on phone.

The Big guy moved away the phone from me this time and moved the phone closer to him, his ears to hear and mouth to talk.

“I got your handsome son, Mr. Jo.” The big guy said.

“Who are you? What did you do to my son?” The phone was in loud-speaker so I heard them clearly.

“It’s me. Your old best friend. Remember my voice?” He smirked at me, “Hmm…the guy who amputated his arm and you ignored his needs?”

“Pal Bok?” Dad asked. “Is that you?”

“Yes. “

“Look – this has nothing to do with my son. Let him go, and I will give you anything you want.”

“I don’t want anything from you anymore. I already have what I want. It’s your son.”

“What?”

“I just want you to know, he will die in my own hands.”

“Where the hell are you?!”

“I’ll tell you when he’s gone for good.” Then the big guy, whose name is Pal Bok , hung up the phone and looked at me again. “It’s time. Give me the gun.” The guy beside him gave him a gun and faced the gun to me.

I am going to die this way ,am I?I thought. “Just one shot in the head, and you’re finish.” Pal Bok continued. “And I will be free again. When you are dead.”

Suddenly, we heard the warehouse door opened. All of us turned our heads to the door. No one was there.

But who opened the door?

When I turned back to the big guy and the others, I was stunned to see Eun Bi breaking the neck of 6 big guys. They all shouted with pain.

“Eun Bi? What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Saving you.” She answered.

Slowly and carefully, she sets me free and held my hand. We walked outside and we were finally outside, she locked the warehouse door after letting go of my hands.

“Why did you save me?” I asked her. I know I shouldn’t have asked that, but I really wanted to know.

“Because…” She glance at me in a moment but then looked away, “Nothing. Just coincidence. Like when you saved me in that fire accident. It’s all just coincidence. “ She smiled. “But I hope this will be the last that we see each other. “ She turned back from me, about to leave. “And another thing…” she paused for a minute and sighed then continued. “Forget about me. And don’t ever come back… because I don’t like you. I can't stand you anymore. ”

My heart almost exploded and she disappeared in a glimpse.