Flashing Memories

The Vampire's Slave

Youngmin's P.O.V.

"You..." The human guy named Kwangmin was stammered as he stared at me in disbelief. "You're Sulli's husband... the wolf prince?" He asked.

"Yes, indeed, I am. And I am alive." I replied.

"How?" He asked again.

I looked down for a moment and caught the vampire Eun Bi staring at me with fear and surprise. But I gave her a warm smile which made her cheeks turn red.

"Can you continue driving please?" I asked her nicely and she followed. She started the engine again and turned to me from the mirror.

"Should I run it faster?" She asked.

"Yes. We don't want to get caught by them, right?"

"Oh... okay." She agreed and continued driving. I could see from her face that she was serious driving as fast as she could but I could feel that she was also listening as I tell them about how I was alive, and what really happened.

"They were all faked. My ashes. My burned pooh toy. I set up everything. Me, alone." I told them and sighed. I continued to tell them my story while I was also recalling them on my mind.

(Flashback)

I just got finished showering and decided to visit my mother from her room. But when I heard she was talking to someone, I decided to wait by the door. I didn't intend to listen to their conversation but their chat caught my attention when they talked about my wife, Sulli.

"Next month, its Youngmin-ah's birthday," mother said. "Make sure to kill his wife. Sulli."

She was talking to an old man. The old man was a wolf too. He was a man who always stays in his workshop, and I think he's in his 50's. He's mother's right hand although he very old.

I was also stunned when mother told the old man. I thought she likes Sulli, but I was wrong.

"Why?" The old man asked mother.

"You don't ask questions. You follow." Mother told him and sighed. She went on, "We have to do it every year now, every time it's my son's birthday, every girl that he takes, will be taken by you on his birthday. But he must not know that you killed Sulli or that I told you to do it."

"Oh" was all that the old man could say.

"You can leave now.” Mother told the old man and the old man bowed to her and left the room. He did not notice me since I already moved away, hiding against the wall.

I thought for so many times why mother would do it. She knows I love Sulli very much so she shouldn't do it. But she's the wackiest wolf I've ever known.

So I decided to set up a plan. To die. But not to die for real, but to pretend to be. To watch every move mother makes and to see if she was going to continue her plan.

I bit a human using my wolf form and waited for him to bring his friends to follow me and kill me. I brought them to the woods. They were all shouting, holding a wood and a fire on it. But they never found me. I already transformed myself into human. I hid and brought my pooh doll, I lit a fire from a Lucifer and burned the doll and a backpack. I placed fake ashes on the same place and waited for the humans to leave the place.

The following day, my wolf family found my things burned. They found fake ashes, and mother thought it was me.

Everyone thought I was dead.

I continued to watch them... mother, Sulli, my best friend, my friends, the old man. Some changed, some stayed as who they really are. Sulli changed because of me. I know it's my fault that she's become who she was before she died. Mother was still the same. She was planning on killing Sulli now that the fake I had come, which she doesn't know. 

(End of Flashbacks)

"Mother was planning on killing her today," I told them. "It's my birthday today." I looked out from the window and we were already gone from the woods. We were in the streets and we were heading to the airport. We'll also be using a private ship to get to a deserted island.

"It's my birthday today too..." Kwangmin said in a low voice and I turned to him and suddenly remembered something that I forgot to tell him about. Eun Bi also looked at him from the mirror.

"Happy Birthday..." she greeted her then turned to me still from the mirror. “And you too. Happy Birthday." She looked away and continued driving. "I guess I'll give my gift to you later when we arrive, Kwangmin-ah. I'm really sorry..." she added.

Kwangmin just smiled wryly without looking at her. He was looking at the window. I held his arm and he turned to me.

"What is it?" He asked and continued, "Oh, right... Happy Birthday. What a coincidence that we have the same birth date, huh?"

"Nothing is coincidence." I told him and he just chuckled and unravels my grip from his arm.

Memories flashed through my mind as I continued looking at him. Memories that I didn't know and that I shouldn't have seen or remember. But when I was gone someone powerful showed me the memories that I should know, and Kwangmin should know it too.

I looked down again and clasp my hands together, interlocking my fingers and as I pressed my lips together.

"I have to tell you something..." I said.

He turned to me and even though I couldn't see Eun Bi looking, I could still sense her ears listening carefully.

I recalled the past again and told them about it. 

(Flashbacks)

Their mother was in their little house hanging clothes while her twins are in their crib. Their father was still on duty as a military and he haven't seen his new born baby twins yet.

Suddenly, a man appeared behind the mother and pointed a gun on her head.

"Don't move," the man said and the mother was stunned and didn't move. She looked at the other guys behind the man and watched them as they took one of her baby.

"No! That's my baby! Don't touch my babies!" She cried and the man in front of her slapped her face and she dropped on the floor.

"This is our revenge for your stupid husband who thinks he's perfect," the man said in a low voice then he smirked.

The mother's tears couldn't be stopped, she cried. Then the other guys ran away with the baby on a man's arm.

"Kwangmin-ah!" The mother called out for her baby that was now going to be taken by the strangers.

She watched as the man who slapped her started going away. She stood up quietly and took a long wood then smacked them on the man's head. The man screamed and the mother carried her other son who was now crying. The mother ran after the guys who took her baby, Kwangmin.

She kept on telling them to stop and the guys .

"Slow runner!" The other guy yelled.

The mother was now sweating. She continued running after them even though they were going far away. She took out her mobile phone and dialed 911 but there was no signal. They had come into the woods.

It was dark, maybe 11pm.

She stopped in the middle of the woods and took a deep breath. She could hear the guys' laughing echoes.

She decided to leave the baby she was carrying under a tree. She knelt down and placed her baby and smiled. Sweat falling down from her forehead to her baby's face.

"I'll be back, Youngmin-ah..." she smiled weakly, her baby crying. “I will be back after I get your brother. Don't cry ok? “She kissed her baby in its forehead and gave him a last smile.

She walked away from the baby listening to its cry 'Uwaaa! Uwaaa!' . Her heart was breaking into pieces now and all she wishes was that this was all a dream.

Finally, she found the guys. But now they were all dropped dead. Blood all around. The mother gasped with fear and surprise. She saw a man wearing a red mantle, he had long fangs and red eyes , his hair was dark and he was carrying her baby on his arm. The baby was now silent, not crying, but sleeping still. That man carrying her baby was Dracula. But she doesn't know. All she knows is that, the man looks like a killer... a murderer... a vampire.

"Oh my god!" the mother exclaimed.

But to her surprise, the Dracula placed the baby on the ground and in a glimpse he disappeared.

The mother covered her nose and mouth as she ran over to her baby, "Kwangmin-ah! Thank God!" she cried and carried her baby on her arm again.

She went back to that tree where she left her baby Youngmin. But there was no sign of her other baby.

That baby was already taken. By wolves.

(End of Flashbacks)

"What? What are you talking about? How do I know that you're not lying?" Kwangmin asked confusedly.

I turned to him with tearing up eyes I smiled. "Trust me." I told him in a low voice. Eun Bi heard all of it, I think she wanted to gasp, she was very shock... she covered and tears run down her eyes.