Chapter Two

Immortal



"What happened last night huh? Huh?" Yoochun curiously asked the smiling Yunho beside him who has a mysterious smile plastered on his face since morning until that afternoon. "Tell me Jung Yunho. What happened?" Yoochun asks for the nth time.
"Nothing okay? Stop acting like my mom. Stop bombing me some questions. Annoying." Yunho tried to sound angry but that smile didn't fade on his face.

Yoochun raises his brows and put his arms together. "Stop lying Hoho." he mutters. "I've known you since I was a kid and it was already ten years. Stop lying." he spurred.
Yunho awkwardly sigh and remembers what happened last night.

*flashback*

*Yunho's POV*

I stayed still when I catch a glimpse of his face. My heart beats faster than usual that I felt a pain where it lies. I thought I'm having a heart attack because the feeling is unusual.
I tried to step forward but my feet seem to be glued on the ground. I aim for the air that seem to lose on my system when he turns to my way. Those sad eyes that met mine gave me warmth that I just realized that it became the best feeling I felt since three hundred years ago. I saw his face frowns upon seeing me staring at him like a crazy fool. My mouth agape and my breathing suddenly stop at the sight of him smiling back at me.

I unconsciously swallowed the lump that has formed on my throat and my lips. I saw him bowed at me and marches back inside the hospital. That smile. Just a smile brought a lot of emotions on me that I can't name. Yet.
I checked my wrist watch and find it only happened for a minute but it feels like I traveled to moon and back. That sixty seconds seems to be the longer time than my three hundred years on earth.
I clutch my chest with my hand and sighs heavily. "What happened just now?" I asked myself. I sighed again and continue to walk home. 

As I lay my back on my soft bed, a picture of that boy's face, smiling face slipped to my mind.
That scene continue to replay on my mind and on my dreams.

--
"See? I know something happened because you are zoning out. What is it?" Yoochun offered immensely while rubbing his temple. He was so curious and so confused and so really curious because the Yunho, he knew, never smiles without a reason. And that Yunho don't know the word smile. So he really, really want to know. And he know he'll not tell it to him if he don't use his blackmailing attacks.

He step backward. He pouts and sighed heavily, loudly so Yunho could hear him. "It's okay if you won't tell me, maybe you don't trust me enough." he dramatically utters. "Maybe I'm not a good friend yet. I'm really a disappointment. My friend, as in B-E-S-T-F-I-E-N-D, yes BESTFRIEND didn't trust me." he stretched the word best friend and turns away. He counted, one, two, three and as he expected, Yunho stops him and started telling him what happened. *Hah! I'm really a good actor. I should win an Oscar for this.* Yoochun beamed to himself.

"Okay okay!" Yunho raises his hands in defeat and eyed that Yoochun who he was punching, torturing and beating on his head.

"Don't give me that look, I know you are beating me on your head but I don't care, know tell me. Ppalli! I'm so excited!" Yoochun mused happily and usher Yunho to speak.

"Tss. I just met a girl. That's all." he clicked his tongue.
"And?" Yoochun seems not to stop pestering his whole life for eternity so he sighs again and tell him all about last night.

"As in your heart aches? And the time seem to be passing slowly?" Yoochun's doe eyes widen and inquired him.
"Yes. I don't know what happened but it did. I never felt this way before." Yunho admitted to his friend. "And he's in here." he pointed his head and heard Yoochun laughing. "What?"
Yoochun must have the best time of his life because he was laughing so loudly that the other students were sending him weird glances.
"What?" he asked again, growing irritated towards the still laughing man.

"Sorry. I'm just happy." Yoochun apologize when he saw Yunho's bothering expression.
"Obviously." Yunho firmly replied. "Obviously."

"Sorry Hoho. I'm just laughing because you've been living here for a loooong time and saw the changes on earth but you can't still analyze your feelings." he chuckles. "You are in love Hoho!"
Yunho quickly covered his friend's mouth and glared at him. "Fudge. Are you trying to tell to the world?" he huffs.
Yoochun pushed his hand away and nods. "Yes. The Jung Yunho is actually inlove is a news the whole world should know."
"Shut up. I'm not in love." he defended. "How can I love someone I just met huh? I don't even know him."

Yoochun pats his shoulder and laughed again. He smacked his head hard and Yoochun groaned in pain. "I'm serious here Park Yoochun." he warned.
"Okay. I really can't help you with this. I'm no love expert anyway. I just fallen once." Yoochun utters seriously. "But love moves mysteriously. You may not know it, but love is powerful.”

Yunho bit his nails that he always do when he is thinking. "But love all a sudden? It's not love Yoochun. It's not real." he reasoned. "Love takes time."
"I know. I know. But that minute is a form of time too right?" Yoochun reasoned back. "It takes time. Indeed. But we don't know how long or short it might be. It's the reason why love became mysterious."

Yunho sighs for the nth time that day and try to imagine himself falling in love again. And he don't want that to happen again. He just can't love another being who can't grow old with him, together, on the same time.

"If you are having doubts because of your immortality, I'm not blaming you, but you should give it a try." Yoochun advised. "Love is worth giving a try. Wait. Why are we talking about this? So it means you are really in love?" he teased and Yunho blushed because that boy's face shows up again.

"No." he firmly shook his head. "I may not meet him again."

"Why?" Yoochun asks. "Seoul is a small city." he continues. "You could find him."

Yunho just shrugged. Yoochun's phone rang and he literally bounced when Kim Junsu calls him. As if it happened for the first time.

"Hey. Since you haven't find that guy, let's have lunch with Junsu. He invited you too, because his brother is coming. He don't want him to feel as the third wheel." Yoochun offered after he hang the phone.
All Yunho could do is to nod.
--

"Hi. I'm Kim Junsu. Nice to meet you." he greeted him politely. "Likewise." Yunho smiles back.
"Where's your brother?" Yoochun gave him a peck and asked.

Junsu blushed before answering, "He's coming."
"Is he a student here too?" Yunho initiated the topic.
"Ah yes. He's a freshman. He's a member of journalism club too." he mumbles.
"Really? I'm excited to meet him now." Yoochun beams. "What's his name?"
"He's called Kim Jaejoong." he answered.

“Ah…” He can't hide his frowning expression because he's so hungry and they can't order yet because that certain Kim Jaejoong is so slow and they have to wait for his precious presence before eating.
He just played with his phone to refrain himself to frown more.

"I'm sorry I'm late hyung!" that one voice spurred.
"Here you are Jae." Junsu hugs his brother and Yoochun pull a chair for him.

"Thank you."

That moment, while Yunho was playing his phone, he heard an angelic voice. He quickly look up from his phone and his heart start to beat crazily again.
"Hi. I'm Kim Jaejoong." he greeted and gave him a smile.

 

 

 


That smile.