Chapter Four

Immortal


    A week passed and Jaejoong and Yunho became closer than before. They discussed ideas about writing and music. Because Yoochun and Junsu's always out for a date or out for school works, the two of them who was left out, enjoy each others company. 
   Jaejoong is happy  when he's with the man with brown hair who became a close friend of him in no time. They often sat on a big tree behind their school building that became their meeting place to relax and escape their scary teachers. He enjoy Yunho's company and likes it when they are together.

--

   "Frogie!" Jaejoong beams and bounced near Yunho who was writing on the cafeteria. "Here you are, I was looking for you."
   Yunho put down his pen and curiously glance at the older boy. Fortunately, his fast heartbeat didn't bother him anymore like before. It still beats faster but he can control it now. There was still a time when he acted dumb in front of him because of not containing his heartbeat, but he's sure he can tolerate it now. Now that he and Jaejoong was always together.
   "What is it Bapo?" he asked and wriggel his brows suggestively, purposely teasing him.
   "Yah! Don't call me stupid." he pouted and slap his arms lightly.
 
   Because of being inseperable, they became comfortable with each other. They can slap and pinch each other without hesitations and they can say what they feel because they trust each other even for a short span of time. They even call each other in different names that was actually a joke-like insults.
   "Then call me Yunho.  I'll stop calling you bapo if you do so." he grins.
   Jaejoong gave him a face and he gave an uglier back. "No, frogie is cute, because you jump like a frog." his face turns red as he chuckles.
   "Whatever." he rolled his eyes and ask what he's up.
   "Ahyea, I'm going to tell you something!" he happily exclaims. "I'm going to perform tomorrow night!"
   Yunho smiled and congratulates him. He knew how he wanted to perform in that stage.
   He was there when he auditioned and the time he practiced 'till late at night. And he was beyond glad that his dream performance will happen the night after that day.
   "Congrats! I knew you'll get that." he smiles encouraging and pats his head in a brotherly manner, though it wasn't a brotherly act for him.
   “Thank you frogie." he mumbles. "You'll come and watch right?"
   He nodded. "Ofcourse. I'll never let you perform without me watching." he replies and he smiled at him.
   "Thank you."

--
 
   "Where are you?" Yoochun hollered into the phone. "The event will start in fifteen minutes."
   "I know. I know. I'm just doing something." Yunho murmurs over the phone. "I'll come in time." he said and hang up.
   "Damn I am late!" he cursed to himself as he run faster. He want to gave him a flower but he don't know where to buy so it took a lot of time. You can't blame him because he hasn't court or gave flowers to anyone for more than fifty years.
Luckily, after running for a half an hour, he saw a flower stall that was about to close. He hurriedly run and made it before the owner locked it.

   "Here. I'm sure your lover will like it." the saleslady smiles as he handed him a special bouquet she made with white roses flowers in the sides and a neatly and beautifully cut red rose on the center.
   "I hope so." he thanked her and run toward the direction of their school.
  

   He's catching his breath as he reached the place on time when Yoochun with a worried expression came to him.
   "What happened?" he questioned right away. "Why are you sweating and panting like that?"
   "It's nothing. Am I on time?" he pants as he fixed his messy hair because of running.
   "Just in time."

--

"GOODEVENING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" the student council president hollered into the mike as he greeted the parents, students and teens who was eagerly waiting for the performance of the night. "As we promised, we are here and brought the most popular boy  in SM Academy to serenade us tonight." he introduces excitedly. "Let's welcome, Kim Jaejoong!"
   People immensely clapped their hands, some even stands up and some shout his name.

   Yunho's hands are sweating and his body continue to tremble as they sat down and watched Jaejoong as he swiftly walk toward the center of the stage. He was wearing his usual clothes but Yunho had to his lips and aim for air momentarily as he scan the young boy's cute yet beautiful face who was smiling on the crowd of people.
   As the music start to played, the audience quickly shuts up and listened to the one voice they are hearing.
 


YUNHO

   My eyes never leaves him as he perfectly held the mic and sing. His voice was as sweet as an angel as he look and his eyes send me the emotions I ever first felt on the night we first met. I unintentionally held my heart and for the first time, it wasn't beating so fast. It was calm because his voice makes me calm. His voice was perfect that a simple song became a masterpiece.
   After his performance, no one at the sea of people moved. Their eyes closed, savouring  the moment, the beautiful moment Jaejoong made them feel inside the arena. It takes five second before a loud of applause came in and they all stands up, giving him a standing ovation for his performance. I tried to stand up too, but my feet failed me.

    My whole body fails me. I am too weak to stand up. I became too unfocused as I realized, and finally admit to myself that the boy  in front of me is the only boy I love for the first time in five decades. "I love him." I admitted to myself.

--

   "Jaejoong! You are so great!" Junsu cheered and hug his brother.
   "Thank you." he smiles and hug him and Yoochun too.
   "You were so great Jae, the boys behind me literally drool when they saw you!" Yoochun complimented and congratulates him.
   But unconciously, the only voice he want to hear that time, the voice he want to compliment and congratulate him was Yunho's voice.

   "Don't I get a hug from you Mister?" he crossed his arms and grins at him.
   Yunho smiles and extended his arms. Jaejoong move closer and the moment their bodies touched, Yunho's heart beats faster again as if he was on a race to save his life.
   "You were so great bapo." he mumbles and hands him the bouquet of flowers. He smells it and thanked him. "I'll change first so we can go."

--

The four of them end up on a diner just a kilometer away from their school. Yoochun asked them out for a celebration of Jaejoong's performance.
   "For Jaejoong's sucessful performance." Yoochun raised his juice and so they did. "Let's cheers."
   "CHEERS!" they said in unison and bump their glasses and drank it.
   Jaejoong thanked them again.

   As they start to eat, Yunho stared at his face as his mouth naturally moves as it chews and drinks. He was having his time looking at him when Yoochun nudge him.
   He raised his brows and confusely glance at him.
   "I know you like him." he whispered to his ear. "But if you won't stop staring at him like that, I might think you are head over heels inlove with him." he chuckles.

   But Yunho didn't even flinch and just shrugged.

   "I am Yoochun. I am. What to do?" he desperately asked his friend. He's been thinking on what to do to deal with his feelings but he can't think of any good ideas.
   Yoochun pats his back and spurred something before he stands up. "So, we'll live you now, we have a date you know." he offered his hand to Junsu and they both left them.

--
   "It's a deja-vu." Jaejoong chuckles and sip his drinks.
   Yes, it happened months ago. And that days changes many things. Including his feelings.   

    Yoochun's words echoed in his mind. *Then confess. Then confess. Then confess.*

   *Damn. Shut up Yoochun.* he hissed to himself when Yoochun's words continue to echoed in his head.

    He sighs heavily and coughed. It's now or never, he reasoned to himself.


"Jaejoong..." he seriously called.