Chapter Fourteen

Immortal

Yunho blew a warm sigh when a cold breeze hugged his body. He looked up and there, he find Jaejoong looking down at him. The line went silent for a while. And in the silence that follows, he analyzed why he was standing there, because if he could be honest at that moment, he'll say it wasn't even his plan to come. It was almost three o'clock in the morning for Pete's sake! And he don't know why he brought an ice cream on the coldest time of the day. He was still trying to formulate a good reason to say and his mouth, as if it has its own life, slowly, quietly said, "I just wanted to tell you .." he trailed off. A blush creeping on his face. "I love you."

There. It felt right. And he knew, it was the rightest of reasons to come. Because he loves him. After a minute after Jaejoong hung up, he heard a bolt quietly clicked and the knob slowly turning in. "Mom will get mad about this. Junsu too. Better hurry and watch your steps." Jaejoong whispered. He lead the way up to his room and Yunho trailed behind him, tiptoeing.

"Nice room you got." Yunho commented as soon as Jaejoong's door were closed. Jaejoong said thanks and walked to Yunho. Furrowing his brows suggestively. Yunho got his signal and he walked to him too, and the gap between each other were slowly giving in.

 

 And when their hands met, as well as their lips, the midnight coldness disappeared and all they could feel was each others warmth. Jaejoong pulled away first, a grin on his face. "You didn't come for that kiss. Did you?" he asked, voice laced with taunting. Yunho blinked and shook his head. "Of course not. You're the one who kissed me first anyway." he reasoned, walking toward the forgotten goodies he brought. "Let's have a go now." he clicked his tongue and Jaejoong giggled.

Between eating ice cream amd cookies, Yunho's hand find its way to Jaejoong's, encircling it, they find comfort.

"Hey. Why don't we go somewhere later?" he said, melting an ice cream on his mouth. Jaejoong wiped his lips with a tissue before he turned to Yunho. He hummed in response. "Beach? Why not? Summer's approaching anyway. Let's go before the majority did." Yunho nodded. And Jaejoong squealed. Excited for later's activities.

As the sun made its way up the horizon, Yunho made his way out too. He kissed Jaejoong goodbye before he walked back to his car. "I'll see you later at 2pm. Better sleep." Yunho snorted and Jaejoong nodded. "You too."

Though they had time to sleep for a bit, the couple didn't rest. They felt restless, too excited for what the day has to offer. And so, the time to leave came quickly. Junsu helped his brother packed things for the two-day summer getaway Yunho had planned. "Don't forget putting on your sunscreen huh?" Junsu reminded. "And don't do something I won't do." he continued, teasing his naive brother. Jaejoong made a face and turned to compose himself. "You really don't want to join us?" Jaejoong asked again, but Junsu shook his head. "I can't. Yoochun and I have plans for the weekend as well." Jaejoong nodded. "Okay. But don't do something I won't do." he said and imitated Junsu's reminders. Both of them laughed and the doorbell rang.

After they bit their goodbyes, Mrs. Kim told Yunho to drive safely, and the boy sheepishly nodded. Yunho opened the car's door for Jaejoong. "Are you excited?" he asked, excitement on his voice too. Jaejoong grinned. "So much."

 

An olden house resort on the center of Daegu was the place Yunho chosed to spend the weekend with Jaejoong. After driving for two hours, they finally reached the place.

"I'm sorry, but we only have one room left. The next check out will be tomorrow after lunch." the female receptionist informed. Yunho huffed a breath. It was fine with him. Sharing bed with Jaejoong. But he don't want to invade Jaejoong's privacy for the next days. He was about to ask Jaejoong to change their plans when Jaejoong asked for the room. And with his keen eyes, he noticed Jaejoong's blush.

When they were lead to their room and all was set and the blushings and shyness subsided, Yunho and Jaejoong made their way to the beach. They heard each others giggles and both of them felt complete.

Jaejoong sat down on the sand and Yunho sat beside him. And they looked out over the ocean and the clear late afternoon sky. Yunho looked down and glanced at Jaejoong and his heart skipped a beat. He felt as Jaejoong hooked his arm through his and he let Jaejoong rest his head against his shoulder. Yes. That was what he needed, Yunho thought to himself. Jaejoong beside him. They don't need words to paint the things they were feeling. For that very moment, each others heartbeats were all they need to hear.

He continued to look at him as Jaejoong continued to look out toward the sea. In the glowing light of sunset, Jaejoong looked like an angel. And Yunho's breath caught in his throat as he watched Jaejoong's brown eyes toward him, he blushed inevitably by being caught. "Care to tell me why you're staring?" Jaejoong asked, chuckling. Yunho broke the spell and turned his gaze at the sea, but Jaejoong's eyes were so inviting, he gazed deeply into his eyes as Jaejoong looked right back at him. A wave slapped their bodies but none broke the contact. Yunho swallowed the lump that has formed on his throat and travelled the distance between them. His lips pressed against Jaejoong's. Yunho felt him tensed against him, but Jaejoong soon kissed him back, deepening the kiss further by wrapping his arms around Yunho's neck and moving into his lap. Jaejoong's lips felt so warm, so soft against him. And it felt right.

Yunho's one arm s around his waist as the other was gripping the back of Jaejoong's neck, pressing his lips harder to Jaejoong's. And they don't want that magical moment to stop. If only time could stop.

Before finally pulling away, before the sun went down and dusk covered them, Yunho whispered right into Jaejoong's ears, "I love you Kim Jaejoong."

Unlike the first time they shared rooms where unsureness and shyness overcame them, that time, all went smoothly. Jaejoong nudged close to Yunho and he pulled Jaejoong closer. Too close for each others comfort. And they slept pitfully well the whole night. Keeping each other close and warm.

Yunho woke up from a blinding light that invaded him even before he fluttered his eyelids open. He blinked twice before his vision turned to normal and his hand searched for the figure beside him. And he find no one. He shot upright and his chest pound faster, thinking something bad had happened to Jaejoong, he didn't bother putting on his shirt. His fast-beating chest were only tamed when he saw him well. On the end part of the shore, Jaejoong stood, smiling as he splattered some seeds on the air, landing on the soil. Yunho smiled and as quietly as he could muster, he walked toward him and he heard him humming. He encircled his arms to Jaejoong's slender body and the latter let out a yelp before giggling on Yunho's bare chest.

They spent the day with laughter that started that morning. They went to souvenir shops and kiss at the most parts of the city. Not minding the looks they got from people. And after convincing Jaejoong, they went boating. And at the middle of the day, in the middle of the sea, they were both lost in each others worlds.

Time flies and before they knew it, it was almost late afternoon and the sun was threatening to leave. They went back shortly after realizing that.

The whole day went according to their plans. Jaejoong hadn't had his attacks. Yet. And Yunho was happy. They both were.

Nighttime came and they materialized themselves on the other part of the shore, warming themselves with a bonfire Yunho had made before night started.

With a blanket on their bodies, Jaejoong rest his head on Yunho's broad, strong shoulders and the latter kissed the others head. In the glowing light of the fire, Yunho intently locked gaze with Jaejoong. His Jaejoong.

He glanced upwards and looked at the sky. A star from the west shines and Yunho saw Jaejoong there. A star. Yes. Jaejoong was like a shining star on the nighttime sky of summer that shines so brightly. So bright it's obliterating darkness. Obliterating his darkness.

He pulled Jaejoong closer and Jaejoong looked at him, and he wore a stiff smile. He looked back at him and his heart flinched. Because Jaejoong was like a star.

And the day's happy memories seemed to crashed before him, everything seemed like a fleeting dream and someone was waking him up, slapping the reality he could never escape from. He watched as Jaejoong's face contorted in a pained expression and his lips trembled and paled, as if all blood has been out of it.

And he realized, Jaejoong wasn't a shining star for he was more like a falling star. A falling star. Yes. A star on the verge of being removed from the sky. A star falling so fast, at speeds unbeknownst to him, and he knew, no matter what he do, he could never keep up with him. He was so rare. Yet so magnificent. And Yunho couldn't take his eyes off him, because he knew, the very moment he did, Jaejoong would be gone ..