Chapter Three

Immortal

YUNHO

    Upon hearing that certain angelic voice that became music to my ears, I swiftly look up and my jaws literally dropped. I was dumbfounded and skeptical at the same time, refraining myself from thinking that he was the boy I saw on that olden hospital.

   But when a smile strike to my way, I knew he was the boy Yoochun and I was talking about earlier.

    "H-hi." I greeted stuttering, I don't even heard anything around me but that sound that came from by heart.

 Dug. Dug. Dug.

 

    A familiar rhythm I only felt when a certain boy, that Yoochun predicted I am in love was around.
    I cleared my throat and regain my calm that escaped my system. "I'm Jung Yunho." I introduces, lending to him my hand. And  that became the biggest mistake of my life, because the moment his soft hand reaches mine, I felt that 'current' feeling I thought only happens in the movies. It sounds, and it is cliché, but it was true.

    A current passes when I gently squeezed his soft hand. I think I've gone really stupid because I stayed there, even when he already pulled his hand, thanks to Yoochun because he did the deed to smack my head to stop me from daydreaming.
    I awkwardly sat down and hang my head down. I was beyond embarrassed in front of a boy I just met.  I sighs and looked up only to find his staring, no just  looking at me with a confused and weird expression.
    Then again, just like again, my heart aches from beating too fast.

Dug. Dug. Dug. Dug.

---

   Kim Jaejoong. He's a simple and average student at SM Academy with a great singing voice everyone at their school admires. He's a member of dance, singing and journalism club and also good in sports club. He's quite popular in their school like his brother Junsu, but despite of being famous, he's friendly and kind. But sometimes, good things can't really last long.

--

   "Yunho, you look familiar." Jaejoong mutters as he sip the juice he ordered. He really thinks he met him before but can't clearly remember.
    "Ah, maybe you saw him on one of your clubs, we're on Journalism Club too." Yoochun beams at Jaejoong.
    "Maybe. But I think I saw you somewhere else." he pouts, trying to remember him. And he remember the boy he saw, looking at the stars then on his being.

"I remember now!" Jaejoong exclaims as if he won a lottery. "You were the man outside the hospital!"

     Yoochun gave him a shock expression and soon smiles knowingly at Yunho. "Ah!  so  you are--"
Yunho quickly covered Yoochun's mouth with his hand and glared the younger man who was still sending him smiles, or rather grins. "Shut  up, or I'll break your neck in front of your boyfriend." he murmurs.        Yoochun raised his hand in defend and slap Yunho's hands.
    "I'm sorry." he quickly apologize when the two boys gave them weird glances. "Ah, I remember now, you're that boy." he calmly said.
    "Yes." he replied. But that bitter tone did pass in Yunho's ears. He glance  at him and find him smiling stiff. Junsu and Yoochun didn't seem to notice it because they continue with their foods while he kept on eyeing the boy.

--

   "Jaejoong, I'm going to buy a book with Yoochun." Junsu mused as he type a message on his phone. He didn't need a book but Yoochun told him what Yunho might be feeling towards his brother, and he have no problem with that because he know that Yunho's a good man. Yoochun texted him to leave the two alone so he lamely excused by buying a book. "We'll be back later."
    "Wait. I'll come with you." he stands up but Junsu stops him. "No, finish your food. And don't leave Yunho." he mumbles and Jaejoong nods.

    Before walking away, Yoochun gave him a pat on a shoulder as if encouraging him.
Once alone together, the only existing sound on their table was the sound of their chewing and breathing.
    "So, you're a freshman?" Yunho broke the silent silence.
    Jaejoong nodded. "Yes. Our courses are the same. I'm taking law too." he happily replied.

They eat while talking about their courses. On how hard it is, how their professors glared at them when they are late and about their essay on Journalism Club.
    "What's your chosen topic? Mrs. Kim  is really strict when it comes to essays." he asked curiously and pulled some papers on his bag. "Mine is about animals."
    "Really? I chose writing about animals too."  He smile and  gladly pulled some papers on his bag too.

   Since he's been a member for months, he can write his own essays now. And he mentally noted to thank Junsu, especially Yoochun for forcing him to join the club. Since it's clearly and obviously a way to be close with Jaejoong.

    "Wow. Just wow." Jaejoong continuously shook his head as he read Yunho's essay about abused animals. His lips firmly moves and his eyes sparkles with knowledge and a thin curve smile is present because that essay just caught his attention.
     "Is it okay?" Yunho asked when Jaejoong put down his papers.
     "It's not okay." Jaejoong uttered and smiles at the man in front of him who wrote the essay he just read.

     "It's not okay, it's perfect Yunho. I bet Teacher Kim's jaw will drop after  she read this masterpiece."
     "Don't praise it too much." he chuckles. "I know I'm good."
    

Jaejoong smirks and gave him a face. "Getting conceited are we? But I don't blame you, it's really good." he muses and gave him the papers back.

      "Thank you. Yours is good too, it's great." he sang as that thin lips curve into a sweet smile.
       "I know, I'm good, no need to said it." he jokingly replied "Getting conceited are we?" Yunho teased back and they both laughed.


--

   "Do you think they will be alright?" Junsu asked his boyfriend as they walk away from the diner.
    "Yes. Don't worry, you know Yunho, he's a good guy." Yoochun hold his hand and usher him to run.

    After running for fifteen minutes, they stopped on a big tree and they both catch a breath. "Why did w-we run? They are not going to chase us right?" Junsu rested his back on that tree and wait for Yoochun to answer.

     Yoochun shook his head. "No. But it was fun right?" he chuckles and wipe his sweats as well as his.
     "Let's curve our names here!" Yoochun excitedly suggested.
     "Good idea." Junsu smiled and helped Yoochun to curve their initial on that one big tree, later on, after their 'art work', they ended it with a sweet kiss under the cold dark sky.

--

     Because of chatting happily, Yunho and Jaejoong didn't notice that the couple has been gone for an hour. "Where are they?" he checks his watch and look outside the diner. "Don't think they'll come back, I should go Yunho. Thanks for your time." he mumbles and stand up.
     "Can I walk you home?" Yunho offered while biting his lips. Hoping he'd say yes. And no one know how he had the courage to say that.

     "I'm in 405 Street, it's not out of your way?" he says. Yunho smiled at himself and shook his head. "No,  I'm actually living in 406 street. Just a street away." he answered and gestured Jaejoong to walk first.


    "I wonder where Junsu and Yoochun went, I'm sure they aren't on a bookstore." he said as they walk together.
   "Yeah, or maybe they're home by now, it's already 7pm." he mumbles. He notice Jaejoong's pale face as a wind struck that made his shiver. He take off his jacket and gave it to him. "Here, you are freezing." he beams, before Jaejoong could say no, he quickly drop the jacket on his shoulders and continue to walk home.
    "Is that a vending machine? Let's buy coffee first."

---

    "Thank you for walking with me Yunho." he bowed and smiled at him. And he don't know that made Yunho’s heart beat faster and faster. And faster.
    "No problem." he bowed too and started to walk, he was just a meter away when he called.
    "We are friends now right?" he waved. Yunho smiles and nodded. "Of course."

   He put his hand on his pocket and continue to walk while Jaejoong waited for him to walk away and disappear on his sight before knocking to their door. He looks up at the moon and smile wholeheartedly.
   Yunho on the other hand, smiles upon looking at the bright moon. "At least we are friends now." he happily beams to himself and pulled out a can of coffee that they drank from his pocket. And he smiles again.