Chapter Seven

Immortal

JAEJOONG

 

   He walked me home again, after we cleared things out. He told me how he suffered when I started avoiding him and never let go of my hand, not wanting me to go until we reached our doorstep. I kissed him on the cheek and waved him goodbye until his back was out of my sight.

   And now, I'm holding the thing on my neck where my tab was hanging. I kiss it too and eagerly look for my brother to drop the greatest happenings in my life.

   I find him in his room, already asleep with his hands clutching the phone. I slowly take it from him and accidentally read Yoochun's message saying, "I love you, see you in my dreams."

    I smiles and squeaked. What a lovely and cute couple. I know they'll stay together forever, I thought before I marches out of his room.

   I reached for my notebook where my greatest secrets and memories lies and start to write what happened that day.

   "Dear Diary,

   Today, since the day I knew about my condition, I finally let my self take a chance, take a risk. I gave my heart to someone who promised to love me until that day and forever. I believe in him. Because deep down, when he said, he won't mind if I die and leave him alone, he meant it. He really do.

   I know it was a very selfish act, but I know it is worth trying. The pain, the consequences and everything that comes ahead is worth trying. I know I made a right desicion."

--

   Yunho on the other hand, quickly called Yoochun and asked him to come over immediately and so Yoochun did, thinking it was an emergency.

   "What is it? What are you going to say in this time of the night?" pissed-off Yoochun asked Yunho who's smiling widely. "Make sure it's a good news or else."

   Yunho widely grins and show him a necklace with a tab as a pendant. "Look. Jaejoong gave it to me!" he beams, bouncing.

   Yoochun's eyes widen and later glared at him. "A tab? Seriously? You called me just to tell me he gave you a stupid tab?" irritable Yoochun retorded.

   "Yes. We are officially on!" he didn't mind Yoochun and still break his news.

   "Ok-- WHAT?!" Yoochun coughed and look at him, not believing. "True? Is it real?"

   "Yep." he replies confidently. "But we have some problem. Better if Junsu will be the one to tell it. Anyway. Are you free tomorrow? You and Junsu?"

   Yoochun taps his chin and shook his head. "No. I have to do a thesis with him. Why?"

   "Just thought if we can go out, a double date." Yunho suggested.

   "No. Do it alone, together. It's your chance to prove your worth as a boyfriend." Yoochun smirks and pull out a ballpen and a paper. "Good thing I'm always ready."

   Yunho weirdly glance at him and asked why. "Just to write some reminders. Some do's and don'ts for my friend who never dated before."

   Yunho hissed but keen in interest and waited for his reminders. "So what is it?"

   Yoochun find a place to write and sat down. "Okay, teacher  Park Yoochun is here to help." he squealed. "First of all, flowers is a must. Very important. He’ll love it."

   Yunho nodded and Yoochun wrote it down. "Second is, bring him to movies. Whatever he likes, watch it even if you don't like it." he offered. "Junsu said he love fireworks, so I suggest you bring him to Han River, there's a fireworks display everynight."

   "Okay. What else?" Yunho questioned curiously, already playing the scenarios on his head.

   "And ofcourse, it's much better if you make your own definition of a date." Yoochun recall the day he and Junsu first dated. "Surprise him. Everyone love surprises."

   "But what can I do?" he asked again.

   "Whatever your heart tells you. Do what it says, he'll like it." Yoochun seriously said. "I heard he's a volunteer of House of Angels for a long time. And he's a volunteer in KAPES  too. Hope you've got an idea now."

   Yunho smiles and nodded. "I have. Thank you."

    He quickly send Jaejoong a message.

To: Jaejoong<3

Hi. Free tomorrow? Think we can have a date?

   Jaejoong just finished writing that time when his phone vibrated.

He almost bounced when he saw it was from Yunho. He opens it immensely and replied excitedly.

To: Yunho<3

   I'm free tomorrow. So what time?

   A message quickly came from him again.

From: Yunho<3

Okay. I'll pick you up at 9am. See you. And oh, I love you.

   If Jaejoong could only scream to contain his feels, he'll do it, but his brother and mother are already asleep so he just clutch his phone and send a message back, with a four-word reply.

To: Yunho<3

I Love you too.

And force his eyes and soul to sleep.

--

   The next day, the new couple wake up and prepare excitedly. Jaejoong barge in Junsu's room and ask him to help him find a pair of clothes to wear for his first ever date.

  Junsu gladly help his older brother and look on his closet. He's the fashionable one on them while Jaejoong is the fashion terrorist, wearing one design and form of shirt but with different colors. He didn't find anything who can fit on a date in morning so he lend his wardrobe to him.

   After an hour, they heard a knock and Jaejoong was sure it was Yunho. He quickly opens the door and smile at him. He was wearing a simple blue shirt and a black pants, with a hat. So summer like but was shouting perfection.

   Yunho returns a wide smile and offers his hand. "Ready to go?"

   Jaejoong, who's wearing a white flat and a skinny jeans with a shirt, nods. Like his date, he looks perfect too.

He opens his car for him and Junsu waved them goodbye, sending take care and happy trip words.

   "Where are we going?" Jaejoong asked as Yunho started driving. "Don't know you can drive a car."

   "Hmm. I learned it a long time ago." he reached for his hand and squeeze it gently. "Surprise. Should take a nap. It will be a long trip."

   Jaejoong firmly shook his head. "It's okay. I want to stay awake."

   *To spend time with you longer. I can sleep forever but I can only be with you for five months.* he continued his thought to his mind.

"Okay. I'd rather hear your voice while I drive." Yunho smirks and so he does.

Yunho gently squeeze his hand again. He want to hold it, forever, if he can only do that.

--

   After two hours of travelling from Seoul to Goyang, they finally reached their destination.

   Jaejoong quickly hoped off the car when he realize where he was.

   "How did you know?" he asked his boyfriend and mouthed thank you. "I really wanted to go here but don't find a time. Thank you."

   Yunho shook his head. "Nah, let's go, the kids are already waiting."

   They both enter the gate and three nuns and the head priest welcomes them, just behind them was a bunch of kids who has a pale skin and bald heads wearing hospital gowns. Some have dextrose attached on them, some are just sitting. Some kids who are struggling to move and some who moves carefree, spending their little time to the fullest. But one thing is present among the kids in the place, tired but big and happy smiles are plastered on their faces and the word HOPE is clearly seen on their soulful eyes.

 

 

A/N: I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THE 'HER' AND 'SHE' . SPARE MEEE~~~