Immortal Chapter Ten

Immortal

 

 

He's sometimes insensitive but he's not blind, Yunho thought to himself. He knew behind the smile Jaejoong was giving was a person badly hurting, a person badly wanting healing. But why is Jaejoong hiding it from him? Why can't he tell it to him? Why?

Questions filled Yunho's head as he stared at him. "What's the purpose of staying with him if I can't ease his pains? Why is he hiding it from me?" he continued asking himself. And his mind reeled, trying to make sense of it. And an answer came afterward. Maybe, maybe Jaejoong was doing the same thing he's doing. Pretend. Pretending everything was fine for they don't want each other to be worried. Perhaps like him, Jaejoong don't want to be a burden. Maybe. Maybe.

Jaejoong smiled and pinched Yunho's nose that made the latter to snap out of his thoughts. Yunho turned to him and the former looked at him, puzzled. "What were you thinking? I've been calling you." Jaejoong chuckled. "I thought you were sleeping." Yunho pouted and stopped right away, because it wasn't the normal Yunho would do. But then he knew he's not normal. And he knew he wasn't normal for he was with Jaejoong. Because he felt perfect when he was around. He pinched his nose too and laughed.

"Bapo. Can someone sleep with two eyes wide open? Really Jae. Really." he teased, grinning. Jaejoong arched his brows and pouted. He slapped Yunho's arm and clicked his tongue. "I just thought it was your style Froggie." he teased back, he raised his brows suggestively, inviting more taunting. "I never thought I fell in love with you." Yunho teased, getting his signal. Jaejoong laughed and uttered, "Whatever." Yunho shook his head and patted his boyfriend's head. "Seriously Jae?" He laughed and they continue to eat. Somehow, the atmosphere that was surrounding them became lighter.

After their meal, they both washed the dishes, moving in synchronized, while Yunho purposedly brushed his arm with Jaejoong's, that made him blushed.

Once on Yunho's room, Jaejoong unsurely stood from across the room. "Why?" Yunho asked. Jaejoong blew a sigh and pointed the couch. "Well, I should be the one sleeping on the couch." Yunho shook his head and pointed the bed. "No. Take the bed. I'll be fine on the couch." But Jaejoong insisted his request. "No. It's your bed, and besides, why separate? Let's both take the bed." he suggested.

And his face flushed red when he realized what he'd said. Yunho on the other hand, has his mouth hanged open, stiffened, because of what his lover had suggested. Jaejoong said it without a hint of malice, in fact, it's quite the contrary but he can't stop his imagination travel somewhere and ---. He stopped. Because Jaejoong had just thrown a pillow at his face. "Yah. Don't look so smug. We'll just sleep." Jaejoong reminded, chuckling. Yunho wanted to deny Jaejoong's false accusation, only it wasn't a false one. Yunho bit his lips and the latter grinned at his discomfort, he pinched his cheeks. Jaejoong laughed and did the same thing to Yunho's cheek.

They lied afterward, after the offhand teasings they shared underneath. Yunho stared at the ceiling but he could feel Jaejoong's eyes on him. And he fought the urge to look back, for he know, if he look into his eyes, he would not ever control himself.

They stayed silent for a while, in the silence that followed, their breathings were only heard. But for them, it was enough. Just the thought that they're together was far more than enough. "I only knew you because of Yoochun. Can you tell me more about yourself?" Jaejoong said. He moved closer and Yunho could feel his shoulder as it brushed into his.

He slowly turned to him and he met his gaze, that made Yunho's barrier to crashed down. He swallowed the lump that has formed on his throat and started to speak in a rather low voice.

"Well, I am the first son of Jung Junki and Shim Ahra. I have a younger brother named Changmin." he started. He told him about his family. How his father adored his mother so much. And how he envied them for the love they shared. And how one day, their love for one another faded. How he hated his father when he left them behind.

"Have you forgiven him?" Jaejoong asked. He shook his head and Jaejoong didn't pressed further. Yunho continued and talked about Changmin, and his wonderful voice. And his obsession toward foods. He said how he don't know why he had his father's surname and Changmin had their mother's. He talked how he and Yoochun met. How he never take sugar to his tea, he loved orange, how he loved studying and that he sometimes sing. He told him everything except that he's an immortal. Not because he won't understand but because he know that's not the right time.

Jaejoong nodded when Yunho asked about him. "I never met my father. For years, it was always me, Junsu and Mom. But we never mind. We're just fine without him." Jaejoong talked about how he liked black and loved to sing too. He related a story when he and Junsu fought over a simple, crazy reason, in who to wash the dishes.

On that short time, they realized how opposite they were. Opinions, flaws and beliefs.

When Yunho said the world is black and white, Jaejoong said gray also exist. When he said miracles doesn't exist, Jaejoong hardly shook his head and said, "Miracles do exist. Don't you think it was a miracle we met and crossed ways even if our paths are different? It was a miracle we end up in this room, together."

They talked about different things. When Yunho said fear is evil, Jaejoong countered. "No. I always believed that fear is not evil, for when you never felt afraid, you will also never know how it was to be brave. Bravery that awakens when you're being consumed by fear."

Yunho smiled when he realized he has a point there. He shrugged and Jaejoong moved closer, feeling his warmth. He placed his hand on Yunho's chest and for a moment, the latter felt afraid Jaejoong could hear his fast-beating heart. But for a second, it doesn't matter because he loved how close they were. How they could feel each others warmth. And right then and there, he knew miracles really do exist. Jaejoong was a miracle that dominated his once dull life. And made everything felt magical.

"Where do you think memories of those who suffered amnesia go?" Jaejoong asked after moments of silence. It took a good while before Yunho conjured up an answer. "I think it dies. And goes away. It flowed with the water, burned with fire. I think it dissolves into thin air." Jaejoong didn't comment further but asked another question. "Well, do you believe in the saying that the heart remembers what the mind forgets?" Yunho chuckled and shook his head. "No. I never believed on that crap. Because the emotions, everything we do, and everything we think, it's on the brain. Therefore, the heart was simply an organ that pumps blood to different parts of the body. Other than that, it was nothing." Jaejoong arose from the bed and pointed his chest. "I really beg to disagree. Can you explain how our hearts beats faster wheb we see our special someones?" he asked, wanting to change Yunho's opinion on that. Yunho sat up too and sighed. "It's on the brain Jae. The brain sends a signal to the heart. That's it. That's how it works." he firmly said, chuckling at Jaejoong's serious face. Jaejoong shook his head and made a face. "I'll show you, I will still remember you in my heart even if my brain can't. I'll show you and you'll believe me." Yunho clicked his tongue and held his hand. "You say it." he smirked.

They soon regain their positions and held each others hands. Yunho gently squeezed it and placed a kiss on it. "Say, do you really want to be a lawyer Yunho?" he asked and snuggled closer to him. Yunho could smell his hair and he kissed it before he answered, "Yeah, I love reasoning and all." he chuckled. "I love arguments. how about you? Do you really like this?" Jaejoong shook his head. ''No. I'm into writing. I love writing fantasies. I always loved happy ever afters. But Mom wanted me to be a lawyer, I can't tell her I don't like it so I just followed her." "Really? You know what? I watched this one movie that said, 'You should make your passion your profession.' and I always believed that. "Yunho offered. Jaejoong looked at him. "Are you saying I break my mom's rules Mr. Jung?" Jaejoong asked. He held his gaze. "No. I'm just saying you could try.How about we go and apply for short writing courses tomorrow?" he suggested. Jaejoong bitterly smiled.

"I'd love that. But I stopped long before. I don't know if I can do it again." he unsurely said. Yunho held his hand high and said, "You can do it again. I believe in you Jae. I know this hand can paint words, shape worlds and change worlds using the words you'll write. You can do it. I believe in you." he smiled. "You should write our story." "That would be wonderful." Jaejoong beamed. Yunho nodded. "Yes. It's wonderful." he said slowly, looking at his wonderful smile. He wondered if Jaejoong knew how wonderful he looked when he smiled. He wondered if Jaejoong knew how he thought about that smile every night before he sleep. He wondered if he'd told him how wonderful he was. How beautiful. And when Jaejoong's met his, his voice seemed to cease. He almost thought he's going crazy.

He slowly opened his mouth and uttered, "I love you." Jaejoong gave him a smile and replied, slowly, "I love you too." Yunho closed his eyes and tasted those words.

Those sweet wonderful words. He pulled him clser and kissed his hair. He smiled and wished they can be like that forever.

He then, remembered something that matters. "Jae." he called. He hummed in return. "You won't lie to me. Will you?" he asked. "Ofcourse I will never lie to you." Yunho began slowly. "In the bathroom earlier, what happened?"

For a moment, Yunho felt Jaejoong's heart as if it has to say something. Tell me. Say it. Yunho thought to himself. Spasms caused Jaejoong's hand to formed into fist and Yunho realized his body tensed. And he knew right then and there, Jaejoong's not fine. Not fine.