Chapter Six

Immortal

JAEJOONG

 

   My brother lightly pushed me out of Music Room and send me an encouraging smile and a 'fighting' sign. I softly breaths in and nodded, making my way now to find the man that visit my dreams since day one .I know I'll just hurt her if I do this but I have to try. Just like my brother said, Love is worth trying.

   I was running when I remembered something that was the real and first connection of me with her. I change my direction and called for a cab. It only took fifteen minutes when I reached that place, where we buried something months ago. Before we became friends, before I admit to myself that I like her. And I let myself travel to that time.

*flashback*

    "Yunho. Let's drink some coffee first." I offered because I was really cold that time.

   "Okay. So what do you like?" Yunho gently asked.

   We both chose Black Coffee and sat on one of the pavements .Silently sipping our hot beverages.

 

   "It's cold tonight." I heard her commented while drinking his coffee.

   "Yeah. Colder than the previous nights." I replied and hold my coffee tighter to feel the heatness coming from it.

   Yunho stands up and offer his hand to me. I gladly accept it and just like in the movies, I felt a current flowing from his hand to mine that wake different emotions in me. It sounded cliché but I realize it is indeed true.

   "Let's go home now, before you catch a cold." he smiles and usher me to walk beside her. "Wait. Can I ask a favor?" I manage to say without stammering even if I'm beyond nervous that time. I saw her nodded so I grab his hand and ran together, going to river nearby.

   "Why are we here?" he asked, I look on where his eyes stop and saw our clasping hands together. I shyly pull it away and turn my back, to prevent her from seeing my blushing pink cheek. I awkwardly cleared my throat and pointed something at her. "Do you think we can dig these?"

  "But why?" he asks and find something to use to dig the soil. I didn’t answer though. And being Yunho, he nodded at my silence and find something that can help us.

   After a while, we find a stick and started doing our business.

   "Why are we doing this Jaejoong-sshi?" he look at me weirdly.

   "We are going to dig some treasure!" I beams jokingly and chuckles when I saw his priceless expression. "Kidding. I'll bury this." I show her our used coffee tin cans and grins. "It will be a treasure after a century."

   I heard her chuckles and pats my head with his clean hands. "Some of your wild imaginations again?" his white full teeth appears as he started to laugh. "Silly."

I smiles and tell her the real reason. "We're going to bury this." I de­-attached the tabs from the cans and gently put it inside my hanky. "As a sign of our friendship."

I don't know but I saw his eyes softens as he nods.

   "And let's just dig it if we already met boy of our dreams. Aye?" I smiles happily offer my pinky to have our pinky promise.

   "Promise." He said and gave me a smile that secretly swoons me.

   He reached for it and for the second time, I was recharged again from the current flowing from his hands. "Okay, Promise. I'll dig it if we meet her."

We sealed it with a pinky promise and started walking home.

**

With the help of the stick we used before, I quickly find my pink hanky and the tabs. I hug them and clean my mess immediately to find the other half of my tab. My other half.

-        

YUNHO

"Love waits."

   Yoochun's words continue to echoed on my mind and heart. Love waits. I can wait. I can wait another three hundred years for her. I can do that. And I will do that gladly for Jaejoong but will he accept my love after I wait for that long? What if he love someone else already? What if the history repeat itself and he look for someone who can grow out with him like what the boy I loved from five decades did? Can I bear it for the second time? What if I can't take it? What if I --

   I felt someone smack my head hard that cause me snap out of my what if thoughts. I turns to whoever did that and find Junsu grinning at me, behind him was Yoochun who was laughing his lungs out of his effin chest.

   "Yah! What was that for?" I acted angry and massage my head. Don't think that Junsu can smack hard like that.

   Junsu chuckles. "Nothing. Why the frown Yunho?" he pats my shoulder and pointed some students. "Look. You are scaring them because of your frowning face."

   "Aish." I pouted and glared at them who was obviously making fun of me. "What are you doing here?" I want to ask where his brother is but I stop myself for no reason.

   "Nothing. I just want to see my beloved best friend." Yoochun smirks.

"Well, I don't want to see you. Go! You two are disturbing me. Aish." I push the both of them.

   Junsu laughed and pats my back. "Ready yourself. Something great will happen."

   Before I ever asked something, they started running away. "What is it moron?!" I asked, shouting my lungs out.

   "You'll see!" Yoochun's voice said. "Just wait idiot!"

I shook my head and smile at the childish gesture of the couple. I just shrugged and find a place to read. I later find a tree and pull my book from my bag. I was reading silently when I realize there was a pair of shoes in front of me, someone is standing in front. I slowly turn to look up and find Jaejoong staring down at me.

 I unconciously clicked my tongue and swallowed. My chest starts to ache again because of pounding fast. It's the first time in a week our eyes meet again. I glance at him and find his uniform in a complete mess, as if he played with mud. I was about to ask what happen when he offers his hand to me. "Can we talk?" he asks. My hands seem to have life because it reaches his hand without me knowing. I find myself being dragged out of our school.

--

   "You said you love me. Is it true?" Jaejoong asked the moment they reached a place where no one is in.

   Yunho didn't know what's happening but he answered him sincerely. "Yes. I do Jaejoong."

   Jaejoong sighs and hold his gaze. "Why? You don't know me well. I'm not kind. I'm often selfish." he uttered seriously.

Yunho shook his head. "I won't mind."

 

   Jaejoong smirk at him and continue reasoning out. "I'm no good cook, I can't even make a sandwich. I can't do my laundry. You think you can love someone like me?"

   Yunho softly shook his head. "Guess you are underestimating my love. I love you. I can do the cooking, I'll wash your clothes and I will do everything you can't. Just let me." he try to reach for his hand but he step back. "What's holding you back Jaejoong?"

   Jaejoong sighs and hold the tab on his hand tighter. "I'm sick Yunho." he finally admitted.

 Yunho frowns and set his hand on his forehead quickly. "Are you cold? Then let's go home."

Jaejoong slap his hand away and shook his head. "No. I'm dying Yunho! I'm sick! I have cancer!"

Yunho involuntary stop breathing and felt numb. He was beyond shock about his condition. After a split second, he snap out and grab his hand and put it between his trembling hands. "So, what?"

   "So, what? I will just hurt you Yunho! I can't afford doing that!" he frantically replied, but let his hands on his because somehow it gave him warmth that his disease taking away.

   "I told you I won't mind. I don't care if you leave me alone. I don't care about the pain. I just want to love you. Think you can do that for me?" he pull him into a warm hug and pats his back gently. "Can you let me? Please?"

   Jaejoong finally let his guard down and cry. He nodded and close his eyes, tasting that moment.

Yunho was silently weeping that time like him.. He wanted to cry out loud but it won't make any good result so he hide his tears using his smiles.

In the quiet that follows, Yunho asks, "How much time do we have?"

Jaejoong sighs heavily and bit his lips. He don't want to answer but he must now, so after hesitations, he answers sadly. "F-Five m-months Yunho. Only five months." And he cried again.

Yunho sshh him. "No. Don't cry again. It's just enough." he mumbles. "Enough to show and let you feel how much I love you. It's okay."

   "I know it's not. It's a very short time. Too short to start." she said.

   "It's only a matter of time." he let his go but hold his gaze once again. "You can fill our next five months and I will do the rest, the next forever. Let's do it together." he offer his hand and Jaejoong quickly take it, not minding the possibilities and pain ahead of them.

   Yunho smiles and kisses their holding hands. "I love you."

   Jaejoong sniff and sincerely says, "I love you too." and gave him the tab that will be a witness for their promise of forever.