Chapter Eleven

Immortal

Yoochun and Junsu sat with Yunho under the big tree behind their school building the next day. Yoochun looked down at his hands, feeling nervous. Junsu, on the other hand was looking intently at Yunho, and he can feel the heavy tension that's surrounding them, yet he can't read the boy's expression.

But he knew, Junsu was furious of what happened last night. Not the proposal thing but because Jaejoong never made it home last night. He can't blame him though, it wasn't really part of the plan. He heard him sighed and turned to look around. Then shifted his gaze back to him and it took a minute before he spoke. "Tell me Yunho, did you do 'it'?" Junsu stressed the word and Yunho's jaws dropped because of that sudden question. So that's the reason he's acting this way, Yunho thought to himself. He chuckled and only gain a glare from the two men in front of him. If looks could kill.

He regained his calm and cleared his throat. He shook his head. "No, we just sleep. That is. Other than that, we did nothing." then he added, "I respect him." He heard Yoochun sighed in relief and Junsu's expression soften, but still holding his gaze. Maybe trying to see in the depths of his eyes if he's lying, Yunho thought. Junsu nodded and sighed heavily. "Okay, I believe you." he said and asked another question. "So, what happened last night?" In Junsu's question, Yunho replayed on his mind the things that happened.

**

They stayed silent once again. Yunho closed his eyes and force all his being to suppress a tear, for he know this know. For there will be no way not to know the fact that Jaejoong's hurting so badly. An endless silence continued to cover them from the words that were to painful to said. They let it cover them longer, needing no words to explain how broken they are.

After a minute, a thousand years, a lifetime, Jaejoong turned to lean at Yunho and placed his shaking hands on his face. And with a slightest touch, Jaejoong gently, slowly caressed it. He caressed his eyes down to his nose, to his cheeks and when it finally land on Yunho's lips, he stopped and Yunho locked gaze with him. Then slowly, so slowly, he leaned in closer and he pressed his lips into Yunho's. And both of them felt that electrifying current they once shared.

It wasn't Yunho's first kiss but indeed, it was the sweetest. He encircled his arms to Jaejoong's slender, shuddering body and returned his kisses. But between the sweetest kisses, they both tasted something on it. They tasted of misery, they tasted sadness. An unusual flavor for such a gentle kiss.

Jaejoong pulled back first and aim for air and that's Yunho realized he's crying. "W-why?" he asked, stammering. He shot upright and held his hand. Jaejoong shook his head and bit his lips, refraining himself to cry but more tears escaped and rolled down his cheeks.

Yunho looked right into his eyes only to find something that frightened him. Jaejoong's eyes registered hurt. Yunho pulled him into a hug and tightly hold him and Jaejoong held on to that hug like a lifesaver that can save his life but the excruciating pain on his head was something he can't no longer take. "What's the matter Jae? Tell me." Yunho said, trying to sound strong but tears were starting to form on his eyes too.

"My head .. it's .. too painful." Jaejoong confessed. "It's too painful Ho .." he cried and Yunho held him tighter, cursing himself for he can't do something for him.

"Where's your .. medicines?" Yunho choked and Jaejoong explained between sobs he had eaten some after their dinner. Yunho cursed the medicines that had outlived their powers and reached for Jaejoong's temples and gently massage it, wishing it can ease the pain that the medicines didn't do.

And the sobs subsided and he felt a sudden twinge. The moving stopped too. And it took a long while before Yunho gathered all his strength and faced Jaejoong to him. His heart pound faster and he felt pain where it is when he find Jaejoong has fainted with bloods on his nose. His body felt numb and he felt like a puppet being manipulated by unseen forces. He shook himself to freed himself.

"Jae?" he called, shook his body but no to avail, fear almost win but he forced his body to function and carried him to his car. On his car, his heart ached, his eyes red and his mouth uttering a prayer to the Man above.

"Please. Don't take him away. I'm not yet ready .." And he will never be ready on losing Jaejoong.

They reached the hospital in no time, the same hospital they first met. Nurses attend to him quickly and he placed him on an empty gurney and nurses pulled him inside the room he doesn't bother to read.

He just stared at Jaejoong and when the doors closed, his heart broke into millions upon millions of pieces. He stood there, waiting, a silent prayer bouncing on that white place.

He no longer care if he's hair was in a mess or his feet on a cold floor with nothing on and his body with just a thin fabric of pajama. He no longer care about anything because at that very moment he has a feeling he's about to lose something .. It must be a thousand light years before a doctor opened the door and nodded at him.

"Are you Mr. Kim's friend?" he asked. Yunho momentarily lost the ability to speak and all he could do was nod. "I'm Doctor Park and Jaejoong's sleeping. He just fainted and he's fine now .." Dr. Park said. And though he trailed off, Yunho didn't offer anything and he waited for his next words. And deep down, he knew the man in front of him was about to say something that will break his heart again. Dr. Park cleared his throat.

"But I'm sorry to tell you this, but this can happen frequently now. Now that .." "Now that?" Yunho whispered those words but he stuttered still. "Now that the medicines he's taking no longer can heal his pains. Cancer cells are multiplying and spreading on his body and medicines can't kill it anymore. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry .." it echoed on his head even after the doctor left. He raked his fingers to his hair and let the tears he's been holding flowed down, and clutched his heart, because of the pain within it that no medicine could ever cure.

It was almost midnight when Jaejoong was wheeled to an ordinary room. Yunho sat on a chair beside his bed. He waited for him to wake up but his eyes were already failing him. He carressed his face and noticed his skin had gone so pale, as if all blood has been out of it.

For a moment, fear consumed him, he had to remind himself Jaejoong was just sleeping. He grabbed his hand and entwined their fingers together. He placed a kiss on it and rested his head on his bed. He woke up when he felt something moving above his head. He focused his vision and turned to him. He find Jaejoong brushing his hair with his fingers.

"Did I wake you up?" Jaejoong asked. Yunho shook his head. "I wasn't planning to sleep long anyway."

He smiled and Jaejoong gave him a smile as well. And he took him in. His eyes had lost that painful look. The sight of Jaejoong smiling again ran to his body like a painkiller, dulling all the pain he felt moments ago. "How do you feel?" he asked, though he knew he wasn't really fine.

Jaejoong nodded, reaching for his hand, when he finds it, he grabbed it and answered softly, "I'm feeling better now." His smile began to fade, giving Yunho a wry and tired look now.

"I'm sorry if --" "It's okay." Yunho said, cutting Jaejoong's apologies.

He gripped his hands and nodded, giving him an encouraging smile. "It's okay." he repeated, saying it to himself."

Jaejoong nodded and Yunho leaned in to gave him a quick kiss. Jaejoong closed his eyes, feeling it. "Thank you Ho." ge whispered afterwards.

Though Dr. Park didn't want to release Jaejoong yet, the latter insisted and they went back to Yunho's place shortly. Feeling worried, Yunho asked him to stay but Jaejoong just kissed him and insisted on going home. They changed their clothes and gathered their things. Yunho drove him home, while holding each others hands.

The sun was moving above the horizon when they reached Kim's residence. "Thanks, I'll see you later." Jaejoong said, smiling sheepishly as if nothing happened. Yunho nodded and before Jaejoong reached their knob, Yunho pulled him and kissed him again.

"See you later." he said and waited for him to enter their house before he walked back to his car.

A cough has brought him back to the present. He met Junsu's eyes. He wanted to tell him what really happened but for some unknown reasons, he didn't.

"We just slept. Nothing unusual happened." he lied. But if Jaejoong didn't tell them, he has no right to spill it. He knew Jaejoong's reasons.

It must be his face or voice he's giving that Junsu finally nodded. "Okay, I trust you. But I have one favor to ask." he began. He nodded. "If he ever have serious attacks or what, please, tell us or tell me, don't hide it from us .." Junsu's voice cracked and tears rolled down. Yoochun arose and patted Junsu's back. "Like you, we want to be with him whenever he's hurting."

Yunho only managed a nod. And they ended the conversation in there. He felt a pang of guilt but he shut his mouth.

They were about to attend their next class when awed expressions began on the other part of the school. And one student screamed Kim Jaejoong's name. And Yunho quickly ran to that direction, he pushed passed the students and his heart skipped a beat. And he find Jaejoong lying on the ground ..