Chapter Five

Immortal

   "Jaejoong." Yunho with his serious face called. With a book on one hand, smiling Jaejoong turns to him.    "Why duckie?"

   He momentarily close and opens his eyes, breathing in and out to stop his nervousness. "I have to tell you something." he reaches for his free hand and gently squeeze it.

  "We've only know each for not so long, but I'm definitely happy when you are around." he breaths in.       

   Jaejoong eyed him and chuckles.

   "Wait. Don't tell me you are in love with me now?" he put the book and realize that the man infront of him isn't laughing like him.

Yunho catch his eyes and keep his gaze. His heart is beating faster than that moment he first laid his eyes on him. "You are right. I am." he nodded, still keeping his gaze. "I am in love with you."

   Jaejoong seem to lose his voice, he seem to be mute for a moment that a single word can't be spoken. He don't know what to do on his sudden confession. He likes him. Yes. He's fun to be with but there are a lot of things that are screaming on his face, slapping the truth in front of him. 

   Yunho saw that look on his face, and he readied himself for his answer, even he didn't ask him anything. He expected him to speak but he immediately stands up, collects his things and walk away, saying no single word.

   His heart aches when he slowly dissapear on his sight. He closes and opens his eyes, longer than necessary to prevent himself from cyring. He didn't know what to do now that the only boy he confessed to, didn't like him in return. With a clutching fist, he sadly look at the door he exited and sighs heavily. "But I won't give up." he drinks his juice and stands up too, leaving the memorable place where he felt the first heart ache in a while.

--

   Jaejoong's voice come backs when he walk out of the place, he don't want to run away but he don't know what to say. He want to reject him, but he know he won't be happy in doing so. So he have to weigh things first.

 

   The next day, both Junsu and Yoochun know that something happened on Jaejoong and Yunho. Jaejoong's obviously avoiding the latter, while Yunho was just looking at him from afar with a sad look, so they both talk to them invidually.

   Yoochun find his friend sitting on that tree behind their school building, obviously waiting for the boy who was avoiding him since last week. He silently steps toward him and nudge.

   "Hey." he sat beside him and look on the way he's looking. He find Jaejoong on that way, writing something. Yoochun sighs and calls his name.

Yunho slowly turns to him and asks lazily. "What is it?"

Yoochun's expression soften upon seeing Yunho's face. He developed black circles around his eyes and he’s sure maybe cried too.

   And that look, he never saw him looking like that, not until that moment. He hasn't see his friend looking down like that before, as if he don't have and lose a reason to stay alive.

   "What happened?" he place his hand on his knees and signals Yunho to speak.

   "What do you mean?" Yunho glance at him for a while and return his gaze on that boy who was now talking with some of their clubmate.

   "What happened to you and Jaejoong?" he rephrase his first question. He know Yunho will deny so he continue saying, "Don't tell me nothing. I know you. Something happened. Now spill."

   Yunho knew he can say everything to Yoochun so he looks away from Jaejoong and divert his attention to his friend who was obviously worried about him.

   He sat up straight and nods. "I followed what you said before you and Junsu left that night. I confessed."

   "So what happened?" Yoochun keen in interest.

   "As you see, it didn't turn out well, he rejected me." Yunho look down on his hands and look at it like it was the most interesting thing on earth. "He rejected me."

   Yoochun knew he's on the verge of crying so he extended his hand and pats his shoulder in a comforting way. "He rejected me and I don't know what to do now." Yunho clasp his two hand together.

   "And I badly want to hold her hand like this." Yunho shows him his clasping hand and sighs heavily. "And it seems not to happen anymore."

   "Sshh. Don't say that. He hasn't rejected you yet." Yoochun continue his back and continues, "He didn't said anything right? I know he just weighing things. I know he's shock because of your confession."

   Yunho looks up to meet his gaze. "Are you sure?"

   "Yes. I'll bet my soul now, because I have two eyes, I know what I'm seeing." he mumbles. "And I saw him looking at you when you aren't. I see longing on his eyes. I can feel he's missing you too."

   Yunho sighs for the nth time that day and turns to Jaejoong’s  way again. Seeing his smiling face right now, he doubt Yoochun's words but he chose to believe that maybe he's thinking about his confession. Thinking about him too.

   "Trust me Yunho. Just give him time." Yoochun stop patting his back and smiles at him. "I know he do like you too."

   Yunho convinced himself too. *I hope Yoochun's right.*

   "Just wait Hoho. Love waits." Yoochun muttered.

--

   Junsu had a hard time looking for his brother. He know something came up that's why he's acting like that. He knew he was troubled so he want to be with him even for that time. He already asked a bunch of students if they saw him but they all answered no.

   He later on find him on their Music Room, alone while playing a piano. A sad piano piece.

   He silently opens the door and marches toward him. "What are you doing here?"

   Jaejoong turns to him and smile. A smile that didn't reach his eyes and heart.

   Having no response from the older boy, Junsu sat beside him and plays the piano too. They were playing perfectly together when Junsu asked him, "What happened between you and Yunho?" he stops to massage his hands and turns around. "Don't dare deny it Jae. I know something happened."

   Jaejoong stops too and turns around. They are both facing the door now. "Yunho, he confessed his love for me." he hang his head down. "And I don't know what to say that time, so I walked away."

   "Why? He's your crush Jae. What's holding you back?" Junsu grab and hold his cold long hands.

   Yes. He have a crush on Yunho since the day their eyes first met. But he don't have the guts to accept his love. Not now. Not forever. Not when he's leaving soon. Not when his disease is slowly taking him away.

   "You know the reaso. I don't have much time to be with him. I will just hurt him And he’s the last person I would want to hurt." he sighs and wipe the tears that start to flow from his eyes. "I'm leaving him alone." his voice cracked.

Junsu pull him into a hug and caress his hair gently while calming him.

   He was crying that time too. Cursing and blaming whoever up there for giving his brother a short time to live. Jaejoong have a lot of dreams. Too many that five months isn't enough.

   "Don't cry. Do you love him?" Junsu let go of him and asked. "Do you love him Jae?"

   Jaejoong didn't know what to say, he's happy when he's around. Is that love? He wants to be with him and not seeing him makes him gloomy. Can you call that love? And lastly, his heart beats fast when he's near. Her heart starts to pound when he sees his smile. Was that love? He guessed so, so he nods as the answer on Junsu's question.

   "I know you do. So as your brother, I'm encouraging you to try." he uttered seriously. "He'll understand. Don't mind the time. It won't stop but you'll not waste it if you try. Be with him until that time."

   "But--"

   "No buts Jae, no buts. Love is worth trying." Junsu stated.

"Worth trying?" Jaejoong asked.

"Yes. And the pain of loving is worth it too. So now, run to him to tell him you love him too." Junsu lightly puhed his brother and smiles. "Love can also create miracles." he winked and throw his brother out of that room.

 

 

 

 

Author's NOTE: Ohmy. So sorry for the typos ><