Chapter Thirteen

Immortal

"Let's get married." Yunho said and Jaejoong held his breath. And slowly, the former added, "Soon."

And Jaejoong can't help himself but to smile. He was ready for it. He readied himself for this proposal. He readied himself for the wedding. He was ready for all of it. But Jaejoong's stomach turned as if butterflies were chasing after each other. He smiled again and Yunho held his gaze.

He nodded, no, he almost nodded. He wanted to nod. But he remembered Yunho's outburst a moment ago. He was to say yes but an image came and it stopped him. He tightly closed his eyes and all he see was Yunho. Yunho crying, eyes angry, hands formed into a ball. He could hear Junsu's sobs. Yunho's anger. He could feel the cruel pain. He could feel everything.

"I know what you're thinking." Yunho mumbled. Jaejoong looked at him. "Don't worry about me. Don't worry about us. I'll be fine. We'll all be." he assured with a smile that light up Jaejoong's world.

Yunho cupped his face, silently fighting off the urge to savage Jaejoong's kissable lips right there and then. Oh Yunho ..

"Don't worry too much Jae." Yunho showed his goofy grin and winked. "And besides, you already said yes. There's no turning back now."

Jaejoong crooked a shy smile and rolled his brown orbs. "Guess I made the biggest mistake of my life." he chuckled. "I should have think about it many times. Now I'm trapped. I should have rejected you." he whispered, eyes glowing.

Yunho heard it and laughed. And soon, the couple began their offhand teasings. Joke-like insults were exchanged and laughter surrounded them.

"So, it's settled then," Yunho said after they regained their calm. "We'll be married in less than two months."

Jaejoong nodded and encircled his fingers in Yunho's. "I can't wait." he said, suppressing his excitement. Yunho grinned and kissed Jaejoong's lips.

 

Just like Dr. Park had suggested, Jaejoong was confined and was kept under observation in the hospital for the next weeks. But neither of them mind.

After classes, Yunho would visit him and stayed for a longer while. With the generous help of Junsu and Yoochun.

And on the night of September, Yunho finally met Jaejoong's mother.

Mrs. Kim was a simple yet elegant woman. She has eyes like Junsu's and a warm smile like Jaejoong's.

And truth be told that before the meeting of his fiancé and his mother, Jaejoong was nervous his mother will not like him, and the relationship they have. And Mrs. Kim's reaction was the opposite they anticipated.

When Yunho shake hands with Jaejoong's mother, Mrs. Kim smiled and winked at his son. A simplest of gestures. But everything for the couple. She had liked him. And Jaejoong can't be happier.

Mrs. Kim was genuinely happy for them. And after a week, a piece of paper was placed on Jaejoong's hand. It was their pre-marriage certificate, as Jaejoong held his dream, he bit his lips and refrained himself from crying. And he let his thoughts wander to those times before he ever felt that happy ..

 

He was a simple student in SM Academy and before he'd met Yunho, he already had liking toward the boy. He saw him in the organizations he was in and saw his infamous expressions. He always saw him talking with Yoochun, fighting sometimes.

He was also a singer. And a writer wannabe. He was happy, he was content on what's going with his life but a news came that shattered his heart a million pieces. He wanted to scream, shout. He wanted to recoil but it was all said and done, instead, he plastered his smile everytime, trying to hide all the pains behind.

He never cried. That's why Junsu and his mother was too worried. He shrugged them off everytime they'll press the subject. Because he had decided not to cry and accept the short time life has offered. He would just wait for his life to end. But everything changed when he met Yunho's gaze that night.

His taste was bitter after Dr. Park had made him eat handful of medicines. His body wanting fresh air, hence, he made his way outside the hospital and he met someone's gaze and it was like a turning point that changed his dull life.

It was the first time their eyes met. And like all the first time of first times, his heart bulged. His time stood still. He looked away first because he can't breathe. He wondered how a mere gaze take his breath away. And as if his lips has its own life, it slowly formed into a smile. It all started there.

He met him again the next day. When Junsu invited him over for a lunch with Yoochun, he said yes because he had a feeling that the boy would be there too. And he really was there. He unconsciously squealed, secretly.

They shook hands and said he recognized him, purposely not telling him he had noticed him before.

And it happened. They fell in love. He had fallen too, it took few sleepless nights and an encouragement from Junsu before he took the risk. He said his yes and he never thought Yunho would do things for him. Things he never thought will ever happened to him.

Sure he had attacks but the pain lessens with Yunho's sweet voice. And he never thought, never in his lifetime Yunho would propose. Yes, hesitations almost win, but he said yes. Because he loved him so much and know he did too. And times with the boy made his life worth living. He has short time but being with Yunho felt like lifetimes had passed. It felt like a lifetime of love.

They had different perspectives and opinions and flaws they never thought each other had. He wondered again how they met and fell in love with those differences. "It was a miracle", he said when Yunho asked about it. And indeed he was. Yunho was a miracle that came to his life to save him from misery. 

And the thing he'll never forget was the time their lips touched. It was his first kiss. And it was heaven. But unlike the clichés in the movies, when two people kissed, everything will be fine. In their case, a pain had set in and everything felt like a fleeting dream. Just a dream.

He almost gave Yunho up too. First when he saw his eyes red from unshed tears after they kissed. And that time when he heard Yunho's anger. He wanted to save him from pain. But when Yunho said don't worry about him, he nodded. It was a selfish act but can you blame a dying man with only three months to live? 

 

And now, as he remembered those bittersweet times, Yunho popped from the door and hugged him from behind. Yunho kissed his neck and he let out a giggle. Yunho's breath warm in his cold skin. He turned to him and Yunho leaned in to gave him a kiss. It was sweeter that time, for no tears were present. A moan escaped from the both of them and a knock interrupted them.

His face were red but Yunho showed his coolness when they apart. Junsu must noticed his brother's red face because he raised his brows but didn't said anything. Jaejoong looked away to hide his embarrassment and mentally shook his head.

"It's all set. Let's go home now." Jaejoong said, holding the release slip. Yoochun helped them to carry his things and Yunho drive them home.

Before Jaejoong reached for the knob, he shyly smiled at Yunho. His embarrassment came back. Yunho smirked. Yunho moved closer to him and whispered, "I like that moan." And Jaejoong almost died. His face all red. He gently slapped Yunho's arm and rolled his eyes. "ert." he muttered. Yunho grinned. He shook his head and smiled.

They stayed there, eyes twinkling, hearts smiling. No word spoken. Two people looking straight to each other as if they were the only people on earth. They felt like magic. Jaejoong felt like magic.

 

Jaejoong had a hard time sleeping that night. He tossed and turned to his bed, a smile on his face. He wondered if Yunho was also thinking about him. Surely he does too because ten minutes before three in the morning, his phone beeped, a message came from Yunho. He read it and smiled.

 

"Having a hard time sleeping. Thinking about you. I wonder if you do too."

 

He quickly tapped the keys and replied, "Guess I am. Can't sleep. Thinking about you too."

 

A reply came soon and his face turned red as tomatoes.

"I was thinking about that moan though." Yunho's message was composed of that.

 

"STOP! Let's forget about that. Please?" he wrote back, a sly smile on his lips.

 

"Forget about the kiss? I can't. It's too wonderful to forget." Yunho replied.

 

Jaejoong blushed again and typed, "Okay. Don't forget the kiss, just the moan. Okay?"

 

One word reply came and it says, "Okay."

Jaejoong frowned. Yunho ended the conversation he started there, no words can be replied with that word anyway.

He rolled his eyes and waited for five minutes before he put his phone down. He shook his head and forced himself to sleep, dissapointed in Yunho's cutting.

He was drifting to sleep when his phone rang. He lazily answered it. "Hey," said Yunho from the other line. "I have to say something. It's really important."

"So important you can't wait for tomorrow or later?" he said, not hiding his sleepiness.

"Well .." Yunho's voice trailed off and Jaejoong waited, when Yunho stayed silent from the other line, Jaejoong said, "We need sleep, you know?"

"I know but .." Yunho trailed off once again. Jaejoong chose to wait.

"But I'm outside your window with chocolate-flavored ice cream and a box of cookies?" Yunho unsurely said. Jaejoong's mind awoke and he shot upright. "Seriously?" he asked and he heard Yunho snorted.

He opened his window and there, below, Yunho was holding a box of goodies. "About the important thing. I just want to tell you I love you." Yunho said, grinning, he looked up and met his eyes.