Chapter Nine

Immortal

   Jaejoong didn't knew what to said, or how to react. He was too shock to even breath. They became a couple yesterday. Yesterday. And it's only a day but here Yunho was already kneeling down, asking for his hand. *It's too early.* he thought.  *But it wasn't early if what we got is five months. Make a decision now Jae. Don't make him wait.*

   Jaejoong glance at the people who was waiting for his answer and eyed the man he loves. The effort, the acceptance, and the love. He didn't know he'll met someone like him, who will dare to love him even if he's dying. He didn't know he'll ever love someone until the day he'll die but Yunho came unexpectedly and changed his mind and heart. He encourage him to try.

   They've known each other for not so long, but he had reached his heart when no one else does. Before they were just strangers, before they became each other's company when Junsu and Yoochun was out, before they fall in love. And now, he's asking for forever than he can't give. Should he say yes? Or decline his proposal? And what will happen next? He'll regret he didn't take a chance.

   Jaejoong's mind was fighting for what is right and wrong, but he realize whatever wrong decision he have, it will turn out to be right when he's with him. So after analyzing things, after a moment of barely breathings, he slowly nodded and spurred a three letter word answered. YES.

   Yunho didn't stop himself and let his tears flow. He pull out the ring and put in on his beautiful ring finger. He was so happy, he himself didn't know why he proposed so soon, but it was his heart says, and a certain Yoochun told him to follow his heart.

   He stands up and hug Jaejoong. They are both crying, not because of pain and sadness but because of too much happiness.

   Fireworks started to draw beautiful lights up in the sky. They're fascinated by the light in the sky for a moment. Jaejoong smiled and Yunho looks at him intently.

   His smile, under the sky filled with different colors makes his heart go wilder than usual. He wonder how other things living in misery before prevented him from seeing.

   They were watching the fireworks together when someone smack Yunho's head.

    "Yah! I said date, not a marriage proposal." Yoochun cooed, beside him was Junsu who's congratulating Jaejoong. "Whatever. We just became a couple for exactly 22 hours but we are already engaged. Huh. Why so slow?" Yunho smirk as he teased the younger guy.

   Yoochun grins and raises his brows. He calls Junsu and both raised their hands, showing them a couple ring with a diamond stone in the center. "Who's not engaged?" Yoochun teased back. "We just did. Five months ago."

    "Really? Junsu,  you didn't tell me!" Jaejoong pouts and bomb the couple different questions.

    "How? When? Five months ago? Where?"

   Junsu shyly hang his head down, biting his lips to stop his self from blushing. "I'll tell you later. But we are planning to talk to Mom next time."

   Jaejoong nodded. "I see. We will talk to her too. Some other time."

   Yoochun sighs softly and hug Junsu from behind. "So, let's eat together now." he suggested.

   "Ok--" Jaejoong's words was cut when Yunho hold his hand. "No. We prefer to be alone."

   Yoochun just shrugged and start to walk away with Junsu. Jaejoong waved them goodbye and turns to him. "Why didn't we come with them? I want to know more about their engagement." he pouted.

Yunho gently pinch his cheeks and grab his hand again. "Why gossip? You have your own engagement, don't mind them."

   "Okay. So?" Jaejoong glance at his watch. "It's already 8pm."

   "Hmm. I want to show you something!" he clasp their hands tighter. "So? Want to run away with me?"

Jaejoong smiles and nodded. "Lemme think about it first." he clicks his tongue.

   "Why think? Let's go!" he pull his hand and ran away from that memorable place.

   Both of them were panting and both sweating when they stopped. "I'm so tired." with hands on his    knees, he wipe his sweats and asked.

   "Why are we running anyway?"

   Yunho chuckles and wipe his sweats too. "I don't know. But it feels good right?"

   "Funny. So where are we?" he questioned. He glance at the place and find houses around. "Are you living here?"

   "Nope. I'm in 406th street right? It's my favorite place." Yunho pull some keys on his pocket and walks toward a small wooden house beside them. "Come in."

   Jaejoong scan the place. It's a simple small house. A typical house but larger living room. And there's no appliances but a single chair and a stereo. "Whose house is this?" he asked and continue scanning the place. It doesn't have a fan or air conditioner but it was cold there.

   "Me and my brother. Speaking of him, you should meet him, he has a very good voice like yours." he mumbles and usher him to sit on the only chair in the house. "Junsu said you want fireflies."

   He opened the stereo and dozed the jacket out of his body, leaving his shirt and pants on. He put something on his clothes and arms that Jaejoong didn't know what.

   "There's no single fireflies here in Seoul and I can't take you to province at this time, so I'll show you a human firefly." he smiles and turns the lights off. The thing he put on his arms is a glow in the dark paint. So after the lights was off, only his body was seen by him.

   He chose a song and played it in the stereo and he started to move swiftly, dancing to the song that he likes.

    “Neon nareul wonhae neon naege ppajyeo neon naege michyeo
He eo nal su eobseo I got you~ under my skin" Yunho sang as he dance gracefully.

   Jaejoong smiles as he realize what he's doing. Portraying as a firefly because he can't take him to province that time. He watch intently and listen to his beautiful voice. After the song, he thought that he'll stop but he grabs his hand. "Dance with me too." he requested. He gladly copy his steps and dance until their feets aches, until their body felt numb.

   They're about to stop when a slow love song plays, he swiftly pull her close to his body and place his hands to his shoulders.

   And he places his hands to his waist, slowly moving to the sweet rhythm of the song. "I hope we can dance like this every day." Jaejoong's voice was solemn and deep. "Why not?" he asked but Jaejoong just gave him a sigh and rested his head to his shoulder once again.

--

   "Jaejoong." Yunho called after they danced. He turns to him, smiling. "Why?" he gather his things and hand him his jacket.

    Yunho shook his head but called him again. "Why? Want to tell me something?" he urged, smiling.

   "No. Nothing." he shook his head again. But called his name again. "Why? Are you going to tell me or something?" he folds his arms and glared at him, who's obviously wanting to say something. "Come on. Tell me."

   "Hmm. C-c-an y-y ou--" he stammered. And Jaejoong grab his hand. "Can I what? What?"

   Yunho heavily sighs and mentally made a fighting sign on his head. "Jaejoong. Can you stay with me tonight? It's okay if you don't like. I'm just pushing my luck but if you want to go home now, let's--" Jaejoong poke him that cause him to stop talking. "You should just ask. Where's your room? Come on. I'm sleepy."

Yunho subconciously smiles and lead him to the only one room in the house.

--

   After they changed into pajamas that Yunho spared for him, he started to look for something to cook.

   He has finished cooking when he realize Jaejoong hasn't come out of the bathroom yet. He waited for fifteen minutes before he marches toward the bathroom, he knocks and calls his name but no response.     "Jaejoong! Are you okay?" he lean his ears closes and heard indistinct sobs. "Jaejoong! Jaejoong!"

   "I'm fine! I'm fine. Wait for me in the table. I'll come next." Jaejoong hollered from inside. But Yunho didn't flinch and waited for him. He tiredly sat down and cover his head with his hands, weeping by hearing his sobs.

   After thirty minutes, Jaejoong's head ache started to subside, he wipe his sweats and compose his being, plastering a smile on his face.

He don't want him to worry, so he chose to pretend. He wipe his tears and nodded. "You can do it Jae."

--

   He finds him on the table, waiting for him, smiling as he pull a chair for him. "Let's eat now."

   Yunho stayed there, sitting, crying but quickly stands up when his sobs start to fade and compose his calm, come back to the table again and plaster a smile on his face. He don't want him to worry about him, he's a lot to worry already, he don't want to add burden to him so he'll just pretend he doesn't know anything. And it's slowly killing him inside.