Chapter One

Immortal

 


"I'm an immortal. I thought it was a good thing that I can live forever but it turns out to be my worst nightmare, when I can't die but people I love can."

I am Jung Yunho. An Immortal.

.

.

.

.

"Yunho." a guy named Changmin called called him. "How was life?"

"Same old. Same old." Yunho lazily replied. "Why are you here? How's mom?"

His mom, dad and Changmin who's his only brother are like him too. Their family lives on earth for more than three hundred years now. They lived on different and cruel Dynasties. They personally saw the changes that had occured on earth. From being in dark eras, and life living like slaves to a modern world where horses are replaced by cars, where temples and open areas are replaced by high buildings, structure and malls. And where people lives in equality and lives in the fast moving and changing world.

Everything and everyone had changed. Everything has moved except him.

"What do you mean same old? Don't tell you haven't drop that wrong doings of yours?" Changmin persists, raising his brows. "You know that even you do that, you will not die Yunho. You'll never do."

Yunho commit in different vices like drugs, and always got into a fight. He's wasting his life. Because he can't grow old with the only girl he loves.

"There's a lot of people who wanted a life you are wasting. Wake up Yunho. Wake up. It's not the end of the world." Changmin said with voice laced with concern for his older brother.
"It is. It is when the man you loves married another man who can be with him 'till he grows old, when I definitely can't." he choked, trying himself not to cry. "If I just can die, It'll be the greatest gift I'll ever recieved." he curls down and put his arms on his knees.

"Should stop thinking like that. It'll never happen." his brother pats his shoulder and exited his room.

"If I could just die now." he sighed and murmurs.

But it was really impossible. He tried cutting himself but his wounds healed instantly. He tried to hung himself but his breath didn't escape. He tried everything to take the life he doesn't want but it's like a curse that never leaves him. He is forever tied up with a life called forever and eternity.

--

After fifty years.

"JUNG YUNHO!" a voice behind him called loudly. The owner of that voice ran towards him and gasps for air that he didn't quite catch when he was running.

"What?" Yunho asked, with his hands on his pocket.

Fifty years has past since the day he drop his vices and start a new life far from Myeongdong, the place where he stayed fifty years ago. He is in Seoul now and studying Law on University of Korea. Nothing changed much except when his old friends were dead now or too old to remember him.

He have friends now. One of them is Park Yoochun who knows his secret but completely accept him as his friend.

"What now Yoochun?" Yunho rolls his eyes and imagines what Yoochun want him to do.

That Yoochun asked or rather forced him to join dance club when someone told him that Kim Junsu was there too. That Junsu is the only man he loves on earth but didn't dare to make a move. There was also a time when Yoochun forced him to join Drama Club but he ended ruining the stage performance because he can't act. And that time when he forced him to join Music Club but also ended ruined the song when he didn't hit the high note. He forced him just because of Junsu. Yoochun wanted to be with him even for a short time. 
He really want to help his bestfriend but when he tried to decline him he will emotionally blackmailed him. Like when he told him he don't want to join the Student Guild because of being fail, Yoochun looked at him with his doe eyes that looks pleading everytime. "It's okay if you don't want to help me anymore. I'll just join there alone, A-L-O-N-E, with no friends. As in no F-R-I-E-N-D."

Then he wiped his tears and continues, "You are really a dissapointment Park Yoochun, no friends, you are alone."

He chanted that so he didn't had a choice but to agree. And he's sure that he'll chant it again.

"I need your help Hoho!" Yoochun quickly said to his bestfriend he calls 'Hoho',  while still catching his breath. "Junsu just joined the Journalism Club!" he exclaims, putting his bag down and sat on the ground.

"Not again Yoochun. Not again." Yunho rolls his eyes and rubs his temple to calm himself.

"Yes again Hoho. Please. This will be the last time. I swear." he smiles nervously.

Yunho firmly shook his head. "You told me that the last time. Remember. I thought that was the last?" he mused.

Yoochun plaster that 'look' and sighs heavily. Before Yoochun could chant his emotional blackmails, he stops him and nods. "The last time Yoochun. This is the last."

Yoochun jump in joy and cheered. He acts like gay but he is definitely straight. He just want to do aegyo that much. As in much.

"Let's go now!"

"Okay class, our topic today is about Environment. Write an essay about it. Ten thousand words. You just have a week, start now." Mrs. Park hollered in front of the room.

Yoochun excitedly starts because Junsu is just beside him. While Yunho didn't knew what to write. *Damn. I will kill you Yoochun. I don't know how to write a stupid essay.* he groans to himself.

He was staring at his white paper when he heard murmurs from behind him.

"Hey, you heard about Kim Jaejoong?" their clubmate whose name was Seohyun asks her seatmate Hyoyeon. "What about him?" the latter asks. "He's in the hospital, he have--"

"Hey girls, focus on your essay." the girls chitchats was cut by their teacher.

Yunho stare at his paper again and think of an idea but failed again. He rubs his forehead and close his eyes. He felt a nudge beside him and find Yoochun handing him a paper.  "Here. I wrote your essay." Yoochun whispers, smiling. Yunho glance and read the neatly written essay and thanked Yoochun.

Yoochun is really good at everything he joined in. Music, singing, dancing, writing and everything. He is a prodigal man.

--

"JUNG YUNHO!" Yoochun called excitedly. Yunho was resting under a big shady tree when he called. He didn't need to ask why because the moment Yoochun reached him, he quickly spat his great big news of his life.

"Yunho. I just have a great great news!" he cheered. "Me and Junsu will have a date tomorrow! It's great right? Right? I can't believe it." he closed his eyes and savour the feeling. "I'm really happy now Hoho." he mumbles again.

---

Since Yoochun and Junsu started dating, Yunho have to go home alone. But he didn't mind. It's important that his friend is happy. He is happy too.

That night was ordinary like just the previous nights but it was colder and stars are really bright. He put his hands on his pocket and continue to walk. He passed an old hospital and don't knew why he look at that way and saw a boy, about his age, looking at the stars.

His gaze softens and he unconciously gulped and aim for air. The moon became a spotlight because it only strikes on his face. He saw his beautiful but pale and tired face under that bright moon and shining stars and his heart suddenly beat faster.

Dug. Dug. Dug.