Jealousy and Goodnight Kisses

A Dancers' World ~ Kaixing One Shots ~

 

Exo-M had a knack for taking leave of South Korea for the great country of China; it was something that had always been and always would be so long as they were still divided into sub units. It couldn't be helped, and there really was no use in complaining about it so he didn't. Sharing a room with Kyungsoo was just fine with him anyway, after all, they were close friends and the elder was as quiet as he was so he couldn't really complain. Most of the time he would just sit there cracking a few jokes late at night, his phone diligently at his side with a silent prayer that an incoming message alert would go off into the still of the night, before going to bed wanting nothing more than to just go practice. At least then he could pretend the other was still there.

Those times when he needed to explode with frustration where the hardest. Everyone in Exo-K was good hearted and ready to help him out should he need it, but they weren’t the same. They all – even his roommate – would rather poke a bear than risk angering him any further, so when Suho tries once to get it out of him, he politely refuses because he knows it’s forced even though he does want to help. It’s not until a week later, after everyone has already had it with Kai’s constant mood and death glares to humanity, that a breath he didn’t realize he’s been holding is finally let out.

Exo-M has finally come home.

Zhang Yixing, Exo-M dance machine better known as Lay, is finally back.

Excited, Kai made his way towards the living room where he could hear greetings being exchanged. He rounded the corner and scanned the room quickly, his mood suddenly tightening up again as his eyes landed on Yixing… with Luhan all over him.

Kai didn’t hate anyone in Exo, but Luhan had a knack for getting on his nerves. Sure, the fandom wasn’t too far off in assuming hunhan was real, but that didn’t mean they were, and until then Luhan was free to pursue whomever he wanted. That, unfortunately for all of Exo, included Lay. Kai didn’t like the idea of his favorite hyung being exclusive to someone that wasn’t him. Lay was ridiculously good at understanding people and being deep – which was very perplexing given the fact that Yixing was as 4D as a person could get – and was a source of guidance and comfort when Kai couldn’t continue with the pressure of being an idol. His smile alone was like the ing sun. No way in hell was he going to let another person have him.

That night, after saying hello to everyone and retreating back to his room to gather some stuff together, Kai makes his way back into the living room where he knows Luhan is watching television with others of Exo.

“Hey I’m sleeping with Lay hyung tonight; have to talk, so you’re sleeping with Kyungsoo.” He says briefly before going back down the hall. Luhan and Kyungsoo both look up confused.

“Say what?”

“What the hell, who said I wanted to share with Luhan?”

The blond boy turned to his band mate. “What’s so bad about that?”

D.O simply went back to watching the screen, Suho seemed amused.

“Nothing, but wouldn’t it make more sense to room with Sehun?”

Luhans eyes went wide and he shot up from his seat, running to the opposite hallway were more bedrooms were.

“Sehun can I sleep with you tonight?!”

Meanwhile, Kai had managed to gather a blanket and pillow, his phone in his hand, and made his way back down the hall to where he knew Lay would be.

He knocked on the door and heard a “come in”, before pushing it open and revealing the unicorn in all his odd glory. He was seated at his desk immersed in his laptop, with a tight fitting black tank top and loose white bottoms. Kai could see little unicorns printed on them and tried not to laugh.

“Hyung what are you doing?” Kai asked as he made his way to Luhans bed before deciding he’d rather sleep on Yixings.

“Are you sleeping in here?”

“Yes, I needed to get away from Kyungsoos snoring,” He lied, making himself comfortable on the older males’ bed. He loved the way Yixing smelled but he would never admit that out loud.

“I didn’t know he did that,” Lay mused. He turned around and wore the same expression he always did. Only his eyes showed that he was curious about the others bed of choice before turning back around to his laptop. “By the way, that’s my bed.”

Kai just nodded, set on sleeping in the unicorns’ bed either way, and pulled out his cell phone.

“You didn’t answer my question, what are you doing?”

“Reading.”

He put his phone to the side for a moment. “What are you reading?”

Yixing shrugged his shoulders. “Nothing much, just some stories about Exo.”

Kai blinked.

“You’re reading fan fiction?”

There was a curt nod.

“About who?”

Lay turned back around and fixed his doe eyes on Kai, who was finding it very hard now to keep from just going over there and dragging the other male to bed with him. Subtlety be damned, he wanted to cuddle. Yixing had let him do that once, when he was injured Lay had let the other use him as a pillow. When he’d awoken the next morning they were tangled up together – Kai with his head in the crook of Yixings next, the only time anyone had (to his knowledge) been able to be that close to that sensitive area without Lay breaking into a fit of hysterics.

“I was actually in the middle of a Kaisoo fan fiction,” he answered simply. Kai had to remember how to breath correctly once he herd the response. “It’s actually not exclusively about you two, all the main ships in Exo are in it, I’m just on the chapter where you confess to Kyungsoo.”

Part of him wanted to chuck something at the dark haired male and part of him wanted to tug at his own platinum strands in frustration. How on earth could he just sit there and read about his favorite – yes, he was his Lay hyungs favorite damn it, not Luhan – band member being all lovey-dovey with someone else? That said, how could the 4D prince even read slash fiction at all? Before Kai could voice out his utter displeasure about the story and its contents, another question popped into his mind and he grimaced.

Lay was once again turned away from him so he couldn’t see Kai furrow his eye brows and cross his arms.

“So who are you paired with in the story,” he asked, jaw set firm and heart beating fast. “Is it Luhan?”

A hand was waved dismissively in the air but Kai didn’t release the tension in his frame. “No, no.” Yixing shook his head. “Hunhan is second to Baekyeol in popularity so there was no way Luhan was going to be paired with me.”

A frown found its way to Kais lips and he debated leaving the room. “You almost sound disappointed.”

To that the elder chuckled before turning back around to face his dongseang. If he was amused or even surprised at the display of jealousy that was seated on his bed he was good at hiding it. Kai relaxed slightly at the familiar dimple on Yixings face.

“Ew,” He stated. “Sehun can have Xiaolu, I am glad to say that I am lucky enough not to be paired with anyone in any kind of major way when it comes to our fandom.”

Kai took a moment to let that sink in before chuckling. To think, he was riled up over nothing.

“All this because I wanted to cuddle…” He mumbled.

“Did you say something?” Lay asked, returning to his muse.

“Yea, I was wondering what part you play in the story if you’re not romantically involved?” ‘With me’, he wanted to add.

“Oh nothing big,” He said calmly with a shrug. “Mostly I’m just eye candy for Yunho hyung in this story.”

Kai blinked. “What?”

“Yeah, it’s probably because I once said I wasn’t too happy that he didn’t really talk to me as much as he did you after our debut but whatever the reason that’s my purpose in this work. It’s kind of interesting to read about actually,” He continued, not noticing the clenched fists and firm line of Kais mouth as he sat on Yixings bed. “I mean, hyung is tall, and very handsome. I am attracted to people who are kind and Yunho hyung is the definition of kind and gentle and he is someone I look up to as far as dance so I guess being paired with him in the story does make – “

Yixing didn’t get the chance to finish as two arms suddenly turned his chair around and found their way under him, lifting him in the air only to be dropped back down on his bed. He stared as Kai straddled his hips, arm on either side of his head, and lowered his face to only a few inches away from his own.

“We are going to bed,” he said firmly, amused at the innocent lip biting his hyung was doing under him. Doing that on stage was too enticing but like this all Kai wanted was to nuzzle him. “I am sleeping here in your bed with you and you are going to let me, got it?”

It took all of the youngers restraint to keep from lowering and pressing his lips to his hyungs when Yixing smiled and nodded, his blindingly white teeth and dimple making it that much harder to just settle down close to his hyungs side and cuddle rather than ravish him. Kai was younger, sure, and very childish off camera, but he was feeling rather possessive of his hyung right then so he could see himself jumping Yixings bones if not for his infatuation with sleep – something he’d missed out on a lot since the M members had left for China.

Yixing chuckled as Kai wrapped his arms around him, his head resting comfortably in the crook of his neck.

“What about the lights?” He asked.

“ that, I’m comfortable,” Came the mumble against his skin.

Another chuckle, “What about my laptop, it’s still on?”

“Depends,” Kai tilted his head up to look at Yixing. “Are you going to bookmark the story before shutting it off?”

Lay tilted his lips up thoughtfully for a moment. “It is well written.”

“Then that too,” Kai reasoned as he dove back to Yixings neck.

“I haven’t even brushed my teeth yet.”

“You don’t have bad breath.”

“I don’t have a blanket.”

“I can keep you warm.”

“What about my good night kiss?”

At that Kais eyes went wide and he stilled for a moment. His face flushed a deep red before he quickly placed a chaste kiss on Yixings neck.

“Good night hyung,” Kai said quickly, before nuzzling closer to Lay in an attempt to hide his embarrassment.

Lay smiled and tried his best not to squirm in the Youngers hold at the sweet sensation on his neck before placing a soft peck on Kais head.

“I love you too Jongin.”

 

 

 

 

Author note:

Hello! hope you like it, I am currently really REALLY sleep deprived and need sleep but just HAD to finish this. For the record, I don't really know who rooms with who in the dorms so please don't judge me too harshly for that. LOL

Also, in this fic they didn't have an established relationship before their cute moment of the bed but it's implied that they wheren't exactly opposed to the idea before it happend either. Either way it's a thing now so... yay Kaixing. Any reccomendations for the next ONE SHOT?  I am open to any suggestions you may have, please comment below and tell me if there is something you might like to read specificly for these two dancing machines.