Blunders Of The Heart

A Dancers' World ~ Kaixing One Shots ~

Requested on my Blog @kaixing-unicorn

Prompt: Lay as a bloody pirate and Kai as a spoiled prince.

 

TITLE: Blunders Of The Heart

Spoiled; rotten milk held better than the likes of him, or so he’d heard. Childish selfishness, temper for days, and killer smiles all wrapped up in sun-kissed skin was what the local girls told him as they passed through. Had they not just finished destroying a ship on the way to port - though really they had it coming for trying to fire at them, stupid do-gooders - he’d be more inclined to shut the brat up. His reputation perceived him, and Yixing figured that no one around, sea or land, should be more infamous than himself.

Zhang Yixing - even he thought it sounded intimidating. The lives of men as he held a sword to their throats where often ended as they said that name with fear in their voices.

Ah, but he didn’t enjoy killing for nothing. He liked to gain something of high value. Killing the soldiers set out to kill him and his crew where hardly more than a passing fancy. Tao was the only one who really seemed to get off on the thrill to kill alone; something that made no sense since he was the worst about sea sickness. 

No, Yixing needed a reason to end a mans life. If there was a good amount of treasure involved, maybe some gold, or even a ship filled with nothing but the finest ale to keep them witty on the long night at sea, that was enough reason. Not the highest of reasons, but still good reasons. He had to really think long and hard when they’d landed over an hour ago about why he was here.

The stupid brat prince was pissed off. About what, Yixing had no clue. It could be the fact that he and his crew were still out plundering and slaying those who dare try stop them, or the fact that one of the merchant ships carrying a good supply of strong liquor for the princes’ palace had been overtaken by his crew. That could also be it. However, Yixing thought maybe it was something else, but what ever the reason it was made clear: If Yixing was setting foot on land, he damn sure was going to take something back to sea with him. 

"Prince Kai, huh," the captain smirked as his crew followed after him towards the palace. The place wreaked of wealth and higher archy - perfect for those too stuck up their asses to care about anything else but themselves. "Oh, but I do look forward to taking you to sea with me."

Behind him, Tao, Luhan, Chen, and Xiumin smirked in agreement. A few knowing glances were passed among Sehun, a new recruit, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun. Kyungsoo, the navigator of the group, had stayed with the ship to prepare for  a quick get away. 

"If these rumors hold out to be true," the captain continued as they neared the front gate. "I may just have a new pet to keep me company at night out on the waters. One that has a bite."

"My prince," said a voice from behind the young man standing near the large window. The drapes fell effortlessly around the tall male, encasing him in satin as he turned away from the group approaching his home.

"What is it Suho?"

Suho, his faithful servant since he was 12 bowed and addressed the matter at hand.

"Captain Zhang Yixing and his men are at the gate; they wish to see you. Do your orders still stand?"

Kai looked back at the group of men that were now sauntering into his palace. Yes, just as he’s planned. Who knew it would be that easy to get what he wanted from the scoundrel of the sea? Taking a boat with fine liquor was fine; he hardly missed it. Teasing those who didn’t like to be teased - that was a whole new game.

He always got what he wanted, all except freedom. As much as he wanted he knew that if he stepped outside the palace for a mere second - well, it wasn’t hard to figure out many people would die to have his head on a platter. All his life, trapped in a giant comfort no more a home than a golden cage cushioned with fine lace. All his life he got what he wanted, but never freedom. 

Then he herd of Zhang Yixing.

He never took no for an answer.

He was perfect.

Countless men had met their makers at the end of his sword in an attempt to bring him back to the mainland for the prince. Kai had all but given up, his desire to leave fading but every time his men were killed he’s remember Yixings own need to get what he wanted. No one was better at that game than himself. 

So now, with Yixing and his men entering his home, he felt so close to his freedom that he was ready to bounce off the walls and into the captains arms… Granted that the captain didn’t smell of filth, agreed to princess carry him all the way back to the ship, and looked like a prince himself.

Hey, Kai wasn’t stupid.

He wanted freedom.

But an ugly, gross, smelly, and stupid man was NOT about to take him to sea. At least if the captain was good looking it would be easier to seduce him, wrap him around his finger, and get what he wanted.

"Yes," Kai smirked. The golden tunic fitted perfectly around his body shimmering in the sun light. "My order still stands. Let them in."

The rumors did the boy no justice. That’s all Yixing could think about over and over in his head as he laid eyes on the male before him - sitting precariously on a golden, diamond encrusted, thrown. He had large dark eyes that matched his tousled chocolate hair. For a brief moment the captain wondered how different his locks would look messed about after he’d had his lovely way with him. His eyes roamed over his figure; tanned skin, long limbs that toned despite the fact that the brat had probably never lifted a finger in his life. Yixing found himself taking in a breath as he gazed upon full lips. 

If the prince put up a fight, too bad.

He was leaving with Yixing now, whether he liked it or not.

In his seat, the prince was having much the same reaction. His eyes zeroed in on the captain without needing a name. He was a few inches shorter than himself, but it didn’t matter. Kai had never seen someone look that drop dead gorgeous without trying in his life. While he himself took great care in his vanity, Yixing looked like he’s just picked a fight and won. Which didn’t make any sense since he was porcelain white, immaculate, with dark bangs hanging over his eyes as if teasing danger. The smirk he wore held arrogance along with a deep dimple that Kai idly wondered about and how long it would take until he could poke it. That wasn’t even mentioning the tight fitting black shirt, exposing part of his chest, he wore that showed off his muscles; much less the sinfully form fitting pants.

He could work with that.

He could work really well with that.

"My Prince," Yixing spoke, his voice laced with mischief.

Kai smiled as the crew behind their captain took a knee. The captain himself merely removed his hat, taking a step back as he bent slightly at the waist. 

"I believe you’ve been trying to contact me for the past couple of months?"

Kai stood and began walking forward. “That I have captain Zhang,” the prince confirmed.

Yixing had to hold back his lips at the sight of the brat coming closer. He really was in too good of shape for someone who had others waiting on him hand and foot.

"Please," the captain purred. "You can call me Yixing."

Self control was getting harder and harder to listen to as he stood directly in front of the chinese captain. He thought a few paces away the male looked good, but it was nothing compared to having the captain up close.

"Well then," Kai corrected, his voice low and suggestive. "Captain Yixing, what finally convinced you to come and see me?"

The smirk on his face, coupled with the deadly dimple, had Kai weak in the knees.

"Well, you did manage to damage my ship a bit," He answered honestly. Loving the bit of confusion on the princes face. "And some of my crew got banged up a little trying to end the lives of the pathetic soldiers you sent to retrieve me…"

Yixing stepped closer, his lips mere centimeters away front he princes own. Behind the royal, he could see the guards, and the annoying little man who looked like a nanny, tense up and take a step forward.

"I figured I should come by and see what I could…" He wrapped an arm the princes waist. Kai shivered involuntarily in the captains hold. "Take to make up for the loss."

Kai held up a hand to stop his guards from approaching, the smirk on his face making Yixing want to hurry up and ‘storm the castle’ so to speak. 

"Wonderful," Kai clapped. The captain was a little taken aback as distance was suddenly put between them. "Then I suggest we get going, wouldn’t want me to change my mind."

Well that was easy. Yixing blinked a few times, his crew having much the same reaction, but found no reason to protest. He did however manage to be curious as to why.

"Why are you so sure I’m about to let you board my ship princess?"

Kai faultered for a moment at the title before looking back at the captain.

"Excuse me?"

"Um, captain?" Xiumin whispered to Yixing. "I thought you wanted the prince to come with us?"

Yixing smiled and nodded to his crew member before answering the brat before him.

"You herd me princess," He laughed. "Why would I take a royal, who won’t listen, won’t do as I say, who will try to order me around more likely than not, get on my ship?"

Oh but he was a rebel. Kai made a mental note that once he got on that ship he was going to teach the captain a thing or two.

"Because I ordered you to."

"My my you are a demanding little thing aren’t you?" Yixing teased. He stepped forward a few steps, the guards looking uneasy as he did so.

"Tell you what," He smiled. "I’ll let you on The Galaxy if you agree to be my wench."

The crew broke out in chuckles as the man next to the prince make a face equal to that of a sick wale. Kai himself looked much paler.

"Tell you what," the prince countered. "You let me on The Galaxy and I won’t chop you’re balls off."

"My new kitten’s got a kink," Yixing smirked. "I think I can work with that."

"Are you taking me or not?" Kai deadpanned, his patience wearing thin.

"If I can bed you," Yixing affirmed. "You owe me for trying to kill me and my crew."

Kai smirked. The idea of being Yixings anything was becoming more and more pleasant. He was beyond good looking and had bad gentleman written all over. Plus, he was Kais ticket to the outside world. To freedom. Who was he to pass up all that?

"Fine," Kai agreed as Yixing stood right in front of him. He held out a hand. "But you better carry me all the way back to that ship of yours."

Yixing raised a brow to that.

"My feet aren’t about touch the dirty ground Yixing," He smiled. "So you better be strong enough to carry me."

Without a word, Yixing effortlessly scooped up the high maintenance prince in his arms bridal style. Kai responded accordingly, his cheeks a slight tint, with his arms wrapped around the shorter male.

"Fine by me," He said with a smirk. "But it’s straight to my room you go when we get there."

"Oh," Kai said suddenly, his head whipping around to Suho. "My servant must come with me, but you guys don’t have to carry him."

"You cannot take the prince!"

Everyone turned to the entrance at the back right of the chamber. A man dressed in fine robes and a staff between his fingers stood disapprovingly staring at the prince in the heathens arms.

"Father…"

Yixing took in the look of fear in the princes ayes; all forms of arrogance and royalty suddenly gone.

"Put him down," the man said. "Put him down right NOW, or I will have you all killed."

"Sorry your royal pain in the ," Yixing scoffed, his arms tightening around his prize. "He’s mine, and I don’t share."

The old man frowned before signaling the guards to move forward.

"Kill them!"

Yixing chuckled at the display before backing away quickly and giving his own order.

"Tao, Xiumin, Chanyeol, take care of them."

The three crew members stepped forward as Yixing was surrounded by the rest of the crew. Kai watched in awe as the men put Yixing out of harms way. Most of his soldiers wouldn’t do that for him. His crew must have really cared a great deal for their captain.

Yixing winced as he noticed there were too many soldiers flooding in for his men to handle.

"Retreat to the ship!" He yelled. "We came for what we wanted."

Kai watched as Tao grabbed Suho and hoisted him over his shoulder, running a few steps behind them. At least they remembered to bring his servant.

As they raced down the roads, closing in on the docks, they were met with an angry mob of towns people who’d seen the prince in Yixings arms.

"Hey it’s that no good prince!" They yelled.

"What’s he doing out here?"

"Who cares!"

"Kill him!"

"Oh no," Kai groaned, his stomach churning at the thought of dying at the hands of angry townsmen.

"You really are popular today huh, princess?" Yixing teased as he dodged attackers. His crew started fighting off people but once again too many riled together and Yixing had to make a choice.

"I’m keeping you safe," He said to Kai. "So don’t think you’re getting out of my bed just because I had to put you down for a minute."

The prince flailed at the idea but was put on his feet regardless. He watched as Yixing drew his captains sword and stabbed a man clean through. If was amazing that someone so non threatening, because besides the banter earlier he looked like an arc angel, could kill so effectively. What was more amazing was the fact that the captain was doing so to keep him safe.

Kai watched as Yixing rendered another man motionless. His back was turned so he didn’t see the burly male approaching him from behind and Kai made a quick decision. He leaped forward and kicked the man as hard as he could, sending him breathless to the ground. Yixing jumped and looked back at the scene, a smirk on his face.

"Don’t you touch my captain you filth," He spat as he stepped on the man.

He was suddenly hoisted up in the air again and was surprised when a pair of lips crashed into his own. His arms wrapped back around Yixing neck as they shared a passion filled, lust driven, kiss. When they broke away Yixing was smiling at him.

"Still wanna chop off my balls?" He questioned.

Jongin scoffed, his hands caressing the captains neck. “No, you’ll need those for something later.”

END