Stay With Me

A Dancers' World ~ Kaixing One Shots ~

"Stay with me"- Sam Smith

 

 

 

Guess it’s true – I’m not good at a one night stand.

Sheets wrapped around me more than my arms are around you, and my heart seems millions of miles away even though it’s right here… It never left. You’re fixed, and alone. I’m broken, and cold.

But I still need love ‘cuz I’m just a man.

You reach over trying to explain why this happened – why it’s just this once. You’re hiding and I’m too frozen in fear to negate what we’re both trying to yell out into silence. It’s not just this once… we don’t accept the obvious.

These nights never seem to go to plan.

After your gone I’ll stare out the window – never once will I turn around or move as you break and bend with every step you take towards the door. You’re too afraid and I’m too cold.

I don’t want you to leave – will you hold my hand?

Tears I won’t see, scars I don’t heal, and the words you won’t hear. I’ll play here, alone, with the question hanging from my lips, until the light breaks in me what you awoke years ago.

 

Oh won’t you stay with me?

Because… you’re all I need.

They say love – it’s clear to see.

 

You’re fixed, and afraid. I’m broken, and cold. Our worlds don’t collide.

 

But darling – Stay with me.

 

Why am I so emotional?

You’re in the back, locked behind voiceless masks with stolen glances I don’t notice. I’m in the front losing my resolve… two worlds apart but I’m right next to you. My eyes wonder to you…

No it’s not a good look; gain some self-control.

Maybe I won’t ever know why, but we gravitate to each other like moths to a flame. I’m at your door faster than the sun can set around us – hide us – with a hole that needs filled. I’m bleeding; you’re my stitches… if only it was that simple.

Deep down I know this never works.

We’ll love and we’ll scream but everything is wrapped up in a veil of frantic mouths against skin and goes unheard. It’s not until we’re miles away, lying on the same bed, that you start to break.

 

“I’m going to die.”

 

You’re supposed to be fixed.

 

But you can lay with me so it doesn’t hurt.

 

 

Oh won’t you stay with me?

Because you’re all I need.

They say love – it’s clear to see.

 

I can’t cry, I can’t speak, but for the first time I understand that I don’t have to. Not with you. My arms find their way around you as you shake. I don’t have to ask anymore, I just say it.

 

Darling, stay with me.

 

 

If love makes lives endless, then my month with you was a life well spent. Two worlds don’t collide – I’m too broken and cold, you were too fixed and alone. I can sit at your grave with tears in my eyes until I grow old, but I now know why you had to leave me – why you had to go. The beating in my chest is left warm because of you. Zhang Yixing, you were too fixed to know how to break me – so you put me back together. You were too alone to see me – but you cracked the ice around the stone that was my heart. So, as I say my goodbyes, I have to ask…

 

Oh won’t you stay with me?

Because you’re all I need.

They say love – it’s clear to see.

 

“Yixing, I love you.”

 

Darling…

Stay

with

me.

 

 

 

 

I did a very short dance cover to "stay with me" please watch and tell me what you think! U-Know and Kai and Lay are my inspiration for dance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0vE8tiE_as