Amazing My Kai

A Dancers' World ~ Kaixing One Shots ~

REQUESTED AS PART OF MY ONE-SHOT MONDAYS ON MY TUMBLR

PLOT: Kai taking care of Lay

 

 

TITLE:: AMAZING MY KAI

It had happened without warning; the shock of it all hitting him harder than the snap he’d felt when he hit the ground. All around him he could hear the screams of frantic fans and the concerned voices of s and staff as they rushed down towards him. He only registered pain when a figure landed suddenly next to him.

"Yixing," Jongin rushed out as he ripped off his mic. "Are you okay? Did you hit anything?"

The fans had suddenly quietted down to a low murmur and it sounded so foreign to his ears. Tears threatened to spill as the reality of the situation invaded his mind. Yixing managed to shake his head, not trusting his mouth to form the right words in a effort to keep from crying, telling his dear dongseang that, no, he was very much not okay. Jongin noticed his hyungs eyes forcing back tears as he looked on sadly towards his ankle. It was all he could do to keep from crying himself as it sunk in.

"Someone get the ing staff down here now!" Jongin yelled as the rest of EXO made it down to where they were.

"Kai," Yixing managed out quietly as he lay a hand on Jongins knee. "Don’t make a scene. The fans who can’t see us down here might get scared and panic."

Jongin looked down at his hyung, worry written all over, but understood. He nodded as he picked Yixing up into his arms. Only when he could angle his face away from the crowds - safely tucked away in the crook of his dongseangs neck - did Yixing finally let the tears fall.

*****
************** Hours Later; Back at EXOs Dorms**************
*****

As he lay in bed, ankle now firmly in a cast and his body running on a load of pain-killers, Yixing watched the playback of the accident as it was all over every news channel.

"Here we see footage of today’s earlier accident on stage at the Lost Planet Concert as member Zhang Yixing suddenly looses balance and falls off stage," the reporter said. "After being released from hospital care his management let the fans know that due to the injury - which was later revealed to be broken ankle - Yixing will not be participating in the remainder of the tour."

That was all he was able to catch of the report before it was shut off.

"Hey I was watching that," He pouted at the male standing at the doorway. In one hand was the remote; in the other was a bowl of something that smelled good. Yixings stomach growled as Jongin approached him shaking his head.

"Hyung it’s bad enough that you’re hurt," Jongin said as he placed the bowl down on the night stand. "You don’t need to be reminded that you’re out of the concert every time you flip on the TV."

"Hey what’s that?" Yixing asked as he eyed the bowl of soup approvingly. 

"Food," was all Jongin said before turning away and heading to the closet. Yixing quirked a brow at the younger male but smiled.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting you more blankets," Jongin answered as he ransacked the walk in. "Tao keeps it way too cold in here and you’re sick."

At those words Yixings smile faltered and he looked down at his cast.

"Who said I was sick?"

Jongin turned around, fluffy blankets in hand, and gave Yixing a look that the Chinese male knew all too well. Being dance partners and having danced together predebut all the time really made it easy to read each other.

"Manager hyung told you," Yixing sighed. "Didn’t he?"

When no answer was given as the blankets were laid over him the dancer frowned. Jongin noticed this and sat on the edge of the bed.

"I Told him not to tell-…"

"He didn’t have to tell me Yixing," The Korean male spoke softly as he played with the older males hands. "I already knew you were sick before you fell off stage."

"You… what?"

Jongin smiled as he took in his hyungs tired expression and cast now firmly on his ankle. He didn’t like it one bit.

"All those times you tripped and said you were okay," He said. "All those times you lost your balance out of no where and said it was just you getting distracted. I knew you were too exhausted to admit. After a week of watching you tell everyone you were okay I noticed you feeling warmer when I touched you, and how much paler you’d gotten."

Yixing could feel tears forming again and was thankful Jongin wasn’t looking directly at him.

"I’m pretty sure you had a fever before the went on stage that night but didn’t say anything because you didn’t want to let down your fans."

"I just… I didn’t… I was…" Yixing stuttered out; his words dying out as Jongin leaned forward. The younger male laid buried his face into Yixing neck, his arms encircling his hyung.

"I understand."

With those words Yixing finally let a few tears stain his cheeks.

"Your need to be on that stage no matter what is why I look up to you so much," Jongin looked up centimeters away from his hyungs lips. "And why I feel the need to protect you more than anything because you’d do the same for me in a heart beat. Though…"

Jongin looked away suddenly.

"Kai?"

"I failed you. Right before the concert started I couldn’t take it anymore and do you remember that water bottle I have you?" 

Yixing nodded.

"Well, I put in some medicine Suho told me reduces fever and let it dissolve. When you downed the water I was so sure you’d at least get through the concert. But you still fell off stage because of how sick you are and I wish I would have made you take the medication earlier."

As the korean male let out everything in one breath, Yixing felt his heart melt. Jongin had been quietly trying to take care of him all this time.

"So," Jongin said sternly as he stood up. "I told everyone to let me take care of you to make up for letting you slip through the cracks."

With that, Yixing was surprised as his dongseang suddenly went about fluffing his pillows, tucking him in, and setting up a tray for him to comfortably eat his food. He was about to protest when Suho popped his head through the door.

"Are you sure you don’t need help?" He asked sweetly. "Lay, I can get you something to eat?"

Yixing shook his head and smiled, pointing at the bowl on the tray before him. “Kai already beat you to it.”

"Oh," the leader said. "Then how about more blankets?"

"Taken care of," Jongin quickly answered. 

"So then I’m really not-"

Yixing watched as Jongin flung a pillow at the door, his face reading that he was clearly annoyed.

"You are really not needed hyung!" Jongin growled out. "I am more than capable of taking care of my Yixing."

"Your Yixing?"

Jongins eyes went wide as he realized what he’d said. Suho, who had been eyeing the two carefully, took that as his moment to leave.

"So since when am I yours?" Yixing drawled out, a smirk on his lips.

"Was there anything else I could do for you hyung?" Jongin rushed out as he took of cleaning the the room. "Maybe organize your books, your clothes, get you a drink, play a movie, maybe get your phone, how about another pillow fluffing? Or maybe…"

Yixing let his dongseang ramble; watching as Jongins face got darker shades of red as he did so. It wasn’t until he offered to jump out a window that Yixing finally stopped him.

"Do you really want something to do?"

Jongin all but tripped over his own two feet as he came closer, ready to do what ever was asked of him.

"What is it Yixing?"

"Cuddle with me," he smiled. Jongin looked like he was about to faint before finding the ability to speak.

"…I…You want me to …. really?"

Yixing wordlessly lifted the sheets, scooting over when Jongin dove in. He smiled as he felt arms encricle his waist and a body press right up against his.

"…not that I mind… " Jongin stuttered out. "…and you’re the one that suggested it…but… why?"

Yixing smiled as he scooted down under the covers; his own arms going around Jongins neck. They were eye level when he spoke.

"Because I guess I’m yours."

END