Meeting The Babysitter

A Dancers' World ~ Kaixing One Shots ~

Plot Requested: Kai hates dimples, except for on one person....

THANKS FOR REQUESTING ANON!

 

TITLE: MEETING THE BABYSITTER

The night was as young as the man adjusting his suit in the mirror. His hair was styled perfectly and his attire fitted just right. Down stairs, his date, who he’d been married to now for 13 years, was making sure their evening was planned to perfection and according to plan. Nothing was going to ruin their night.

Except maybe one thing.

"You promise you won’t try to prank the babysitter?"

"That depends."

Yunho raised a brow to that and turned around.  “Depends on what?”

Jongin smiled as he kicked his feet off the edge of the bed. Yunho knew what he was going to say even before he said it.

“Whether or not he has dimples.”

Yunho sighed and walked over to their 13 year old son. Really, of all the things to find unpleasant, why on earth did it have to be dimples?

“Jongin,” he said warningly.

“Appa, I told you, Its Kai,” his son corrected. “You have to call me by my stage name or else I won’t get used to it later when I’m famous.”

Yunho chuckled at his child’s antics but nodded. “Okay, fine, Kai,” He said. “You know you have to be on your best behavior right?”

“And I will be,” Jongin assured. “So long as he doesn’t have indents in his face; otherwise I can’t really make any promises I won’t send him running out the door within the first 10 minutes, order a pizza, and watch scary movies all night.”

Yunho sighed once again. It had always been this way. 9 years ago Jaejoong and himself went to meet Jongin at an adoption agency for the first time. The staff explained that Jongin was rather docile but didn’t seem to like company that had dimples. It was the strangest thing, they’d said. They even told them that if he didn’t like Jaejoong – who has always had dimples – they could find another child for them to meet. It had shocked the people at the agency when Jongin took a quick liking to Jaejoong and Yunho. It was such an attatchment that they spent a whole hour just watching the boy dance around, attempting pirouettes, and chatting with him. A week later they picked up Jongin and took him home as their legal son. Years passed and they never question the dimple hate again. It wasn’t until Jongin was 8 and Jaejoong and Yunho need a sitter for their outing that it resurfaced. The poor girl had been sent home crying in the first 15 minutes of the sitting and Taemin – Jaejoongs cousin – had to be called in. It was so extreme that eventually Taemin became the permanent babysitter.

“Why can’t Taemin hyung take care of me anyway?” Jongin asked with a pout. “He doesn’t have dimples.”

“He had a school function to attend so he can’t,” Yunho smiled. “But your mother has booked the most recommended babysitter for you tonight for that reason so don’t worry.”

Yunho herd his as the door downstairs was opened and Jaejoong greeted someone.

“Tell you what,” He said. “I’ll go meet the sitter first and then I’ll call you down. Sound good?”

Jongin sighed but giggled out a ‘yes’ when his father tickled him. Yunho gave one last reassuring smile to his son before heading downstairs.

***

***Downstairs**

***

“Yunho, honey, this is Yixing,” Jaejoong introduced the young man next to him; his eyes franticly indicating that something was wrong. Yunho looked at the teen but found no reason for Jaejoong to act weird.

“Yixing, nice to meet you,” Yunho smiled as he extended a hand. “Are you Chinese?”

That was when Yunho understood why Jaejoong had looked so panicked.

“Nice to meet you too sir,” Yixing smiled; his dimple very prominent. “And yes, I am Chinese. I moved to Korea 3 years ago for studies and my fathers work.”

Yunho could feel the knots in his stomach at the idea of Jongin scaring off another nice human being. He tried to hold his composure as best as he could, he didn’t want to seem rude, but couldn’t help feel unsure of leaving the two alone.

“You come highly recommended,” Yunho smiled. “I’m glad we could get you to sit our Jongin.”

“So where is this Jongin I’ve been hearing so much about?” Yixing asked.

The couple looked skeptically at one another before Yunho finally did what he had to. “Jongin!” He called out. “Please come down here and meet your sitter for the night.”

“Coming appa!”

Jaejoong and Yunho held hands nervously as Jongin bound down the stairs to the living room. He entered with a smile on his face and waved to everyone, not really looking at Yixing.

“Hi,” He said. “My name is Kim Jongin. Nice to meet you!”

That was when Jongin finally got a good look at his sitter and his whole word seemed to stop. Jaejoong raised a brow as he watched his sons face heat up, and smiled knowingly when Yixing extended a hand and his sons face deepened in color.

“Hey,” Yixing smiled; his dimples on display though Jongin didn’t seem to care. “My name is Yixing, nice to meet you. Though, I have to admit, you don’t look much like a little kid to me. Are you sure you’re not a high schooler like me?”

Jaejoong had to hide his face in Yunhos shoulder when his son started to speak.

“I’m almost 14,” Jongin supplied. Behind him both parents tried not to seem too amused at their sons lie. He was still a good 7 months away from 14. “I don’t really need a babysitter, but my parents don’t think I can handle being home alone.”

Jaejoong and Yunho both smirked at that and decided to have their own little fun.

“But Jonginnie,” Jaejoong cooed. “You can’t expect me to leave you home alone if you still sleep with a teddy.”

Jongin flushed as his eyes widened. “Umma!”

“Yeah,” Yunho added as Yixing chuckled lightly to himself. “And if we leave you to fend for yourself, all you will have for dinner is pizza. As your dance instructor/father I can’t recommend that too healthy for your diet.”

“Appa!” Jongin screeched as his face flushed further. Both parents apologized and watched as their son tried to save the situation.

“I don’t really sleep with a teddy,” Jongin said. “And I promise I’m not half the fatty my parents make me out to be.”

Yixing waved it off and smiled; earning another blush on Jongins face.

“Don’t worry about it,” he said simply. “I have a stuffed unicorn I still sleep with and I’m 17. Plus I cheat on my dancers diet all the time, trust me I won’t judge you.”

At the mention of dance Jongins face lit up.

“You dance?”

“Okay,” Yunho but-in, seeing that everything was going to be okay. “Since you two are acquainted I think Jaejoong and I will leave now. Yixing you have it easy. All Jongin needs is dinner and then he can stay up as long as he’d like since it’s not a school night.”

“Sounds good,” The teen said brightly; his arms already being pulled on by Jongin toward the kitchen. “Have a nice evening.”

“Jongin behave,” Jaejoong smirked.

“Sure thing umma,” Jongin called back. “Hey Yixing what kind of dance do you do?”

***

***Outside**

***

“You think Jongin likes the sitter enough?” Yunho joked.

“Oh yeah,” Jaejoong assured. “I think they’ll manage each others company well enough.”

***

***Back in the house**

*** 

Jongin sat patiently on the counter in the kitchen, observing his new hyung as he cooked. Yixing could dance, was going to a school for it, could sing, could write, could play like a billion instruments, and spoke 3 languages. Not only that, but he even had his own stage name!

"Hey Lay hyung," Jongin finally asked; breaking the momentary silence. "How do you do that with your face?"

Yixing stopped stirring the pot on the stove and gave his charge a curious look.

"Do what with my face?"

"The dimple," Jongin asked with a slight tint to his cheeks. "I mean I get that it’s not something you control but… why is it so…"

Yixing smiled.

"So what?"

"…uh well… good looking?" Jongin awkwardly stuttered out. "I mean, I don’t want to sound weird but… can I poke it?"

Yixing didn’t seem weirded out all by the question and turned his face; smiling so the indent was bigger. Jongin reached out a finger and marveled at how soft his hyungs skin was was under his touch.

"Why does my dimple fascinate you so much Kai?" 

Jongin then decided it was okay to tell at least one person about his affliction. He took a deep breath.

"My birth mom," he said evenly. "I don’t remember much, but I know she had one."

Yixing stopped cooking and looked at the boy before him, his heart softening at the sight.

"I don’t like people who have them because it reminds me of her and it hurts."

"Your umma has dimples too," Yixing reasoned, his head tilted to the side. "I’m assuming its okay for some people to have them?"

Jongin nodded. “My umma, when I saw him I knew he would be a good umma, I dunno, I just knew. Somehow I didn’t think about how I lost my mom when I saw him and appa. I just thought of how cool it would be to have two nice people like them as my parents.”

"What about me?"

Jongin looked at Yixing thoughtfully, his cheeks heating up again and he tilted his head the same way as his hyung.

"I dunno," the preteen mused. "Maybe because you kind of look like the alien off of alien vs. predator?"

Yixing gasped. “I thought you said I was good looking?!”

"Your dimple is," he corrected as he jumped off the counter, his face still really red. "I’ll tell you what I think about the res of you later."

***

****Later that night***

****

"Hey Lay hyung," Jongin asked as he was being tucked away in his bed; teddy at the other end of the room because he was not about to look like a kid in front of Yixing. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"I did once, in China," He said.

"Oh," Jongin sighed; crestfallen.

"Why?"

The younger male took a second to answer but he did.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

Yixing wasn’t disgusted like he’d feared, rather he seemed pleased.

"Yeah, but we broke up a month ago," He answered honestly. "His name was Kris."

Jongins face lit up a bit at hearing that. He took in a deep breath before asking his final question.

"Lay hyung would you wait for me? I’d make you happy if you dated me, but i’m still too young."

Yixing smiled charmingly and Jongins face lit up like the chinese new year. 

"Tell you what," He said. "If you can get into SM entertainment like you said you wanted to, and you’ve turned 19, and if you still think i’m worth it, yes, i’ll date you."

*******

******Next Morning****

*****
 

"I’m going to marry Yixing," Jongin tells his parents and finds amusement in their stunned faces.

"…I’m sorry…," Yunho manages to cough out. "Can… can you repeat that? Last I checked you still thought the idea of kissing someone was gross?"

"Appa," Jongin groaned out dramatically with his teddy in hand. "I am not a little kid anymore, and besides, you guys loved Lay hyung."

"Lay hyung?" Jaejoong asks.

"His stage name," Jongin explains. "He’s training to be an idol."

"Can we get back to the part where you grew up?" Yunho asks helplessly.

"Well if he is then Yixing doesn’t need to come back to babysit again," Jaejoong teases. Jongin shakes his head.

"No no that’s okay," He assures as he takes his empty plate to the sink and wash. His parents watch his movements in shock. "I think he should come around more, he’s a good influence."

"Did he just pick up after himself?" Jaejoong asked in disbelief. "Maybe having Yixing as a son in law isn’t so bad after all."

"Son in law?!!?" Yunho yelps. "Can we … wait hold on… he’s still just my little baby…. he can’t… are you really at that age already? Is that what you’re into now, dating? Because I don’t think I’m ready for that!"

Jaejoong shakes his head at his husband as he chases their son down the hall. At least Jongin had finally found an exception.

END