Psychotically Wrong (About You)

A Dancers' World ~ Kaixing One Shots ~

Requested on my tumblr "Kaixing-Unicorn" for one-shot mondays(now known as one shot wednesdays)

Plot: Jongin being scared of the new student YIxing, like, he thinks he's a killer.

TITLE: PSYCHOTICALLY WRONG (ABOUT YOU)

 

 

"I’m telling you; there is something totally off about that guy."

"Said the one hiding under a table."

Jongin frowned.

"Why the hell don’t you believe me?" He grumbled as he scanned the area again. They were outside on the pavilion for lunch; the one place Jongin was sure he would spot his current conundrum.

Sehun - who was far more patient than he let on - simply rolled his eyes before biting into his apple. “Because you’ve given me no reason to believe your ridiculous claim.”

The table shook with the loud ‘thud’ that was Jongin trying to get out from under it.

"What the- What are you talking about?" He growled. "Have you not been paying attention to me all this time? Seriously man, I could write a novel about how creepy this new senior is- Oh my kimchi! There he is!"

Sehun watched as Jongin pointed to the other end of the pavilion before disappearing under the table once again. He debated kicking him but settled for peering under the table to talk it out like a normal human being.

"Kim Jongin you look like an idiot; more so than usual." Sehun deadpanned. "Get up here before you kill what’s left of your reputation. Why are you so afraid of this guy anyway?"

Jongin raised a brow.

"Man, you really don’t listen to me do you?"

The blond rolled his eyes once again; inching them upward and smirking, “He’s coming this way.”

" no!"

It wasn’t too often that they got exchange students, but when they did there was always something off about them. Last year they had brought in a kid from Canada; he seemed pretty cool. That lasted about a week then he tried to light the boys bathroom on the 2nd floor on fire. Needles to say he was expelled. He’s herd stories of the exchange kids from years prior and none were any better. Zhang Yixing, the very senior walking his way behind some creepy looking gothic kid named Tao, was the latest exchange trauma waiting to happen.

Jongin had seen him walk around with little viles of red liquid and he prayed they weren’t viles of blood. Plus he was always reading a book, or drawing body parts in a sketchbook, or, like today, hanging with the goth kid. He had ‘nope, this’ written all over him and Jongin was very much keen on never crossing the chinese student.

He watched as the duo passed their table; completely oblivious to his form under it. Jongin was about to breathe a sigh of relief when Yixing cocked his head to the side to look at him questioningly. The younger jerked up in surprise and managed to knock his head against the table once again. Yixing looked away, his eyes wide, and Jongin didn’t know whether to be mortified or glad.

*********

***************

**************

*********

"Is there a reason you’re hiding behind a plant this time?"

Kai frowned as he stepped away from the giant fern.

"You know," he bit out. "It wouldn’t kill you to actually listen when I talk. Conversation is a two part deal. You talk I hear you, I talk you- Dude, are you ignoring me?!"

"Zhang Yixing isn’t out to kill people," Sehun calmly supplied. "You’re in way over your head and this stupid idea of stalking him behind the bushes sounds more like a reason to commit you to an institution rather than him."

Sehun paused as he looked down the hall. Yixing was busy talking to some other art students. “Actually,” He pondered. “He’s pretty good looking. I might even consider dating him.”

Kai gawked at the younger teen; unable to form words in his head correctly.

"But…you…he….I…." He stammered. "You can’t be serious right now? For the love of all things kimchi Sehunnie, please, don’t tell you actually think that kid is normal?"

The younger male sighed as he started to walk away.

"You know they say that those who are obsessed are actually just falling hard," Sehun smirked; knowing Kai was probably wide eyed. "If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you only think Yixing is so odd because you’re trying hard to not like him as much as you clearly do."

******

*********

********
******

"Mission: GET TO THE BOTTOM OF ZHANG YIXINGS MASTER PLAN TO KILL HUMANS, is now a go."

"Kai, I didn’t sign up for this crap."

The younger of the two teens rolled his eyes.

"Hyung, you said you would help me find out about Yixings secret double life as a mass murderer," Kai pouted. "I even got us walkie talkies!"

"No," Kyungsoo growled. "I agreed to help you learn more about Yixing since I actually talk to the guy…"

Kai watched as Kyungsoo rose from his seat; eyes scrutinizing him. 

"…NOT hide behind some thorny bushes to spy on him with benoculars, using stupid code names like ‘ice dog’!"

Kai frowned.

"Ice dog sounds cool…" he grumbled. "And why would you think I would want to actually talk to the guy? I think he wants to murder me remember?"

Kyunsoo shook his head.

"Based on what?"

The older male was taken aback when Kai threw a pamphlet at him, “What. is. this?”

Kai smiled, “It basically tells you all you need to know about why Yixing is a mass killer waiting to make a move. It’s really quit entertain- Hey hyung wait! Come back!”

"Sehuns right," Kyungsoo sighed. "You’re an idiot, and you’re obsessively in love with Zhang Yixing."

******

*********

**********
*******

He didn’t know how he’d mustered up the courage to do it - maybe luck was on his side - but when he’d noticed that the art room was clear of students (left unlocked) Kai had rushed in to take a peek at Yixings sketch book. What he found left him in utter shock and he fled the area as fast as his feet could carry him.

So fast, in fact, that he didn’t see the other person entering the room until it was too late. Kai went crashing to the ground with another body bellow him.

"OH !" He yelled suddenly as he realized his face was mere inches away from none other than Zhang Yixing. "Please don’t hurt me! It was an accident I swear!"

If Yixing was going to accept his apology, he didn’t know, because he was up and running away before the older male could blink.

***********

**********

**********

"So word around school is that your hormonal attacked Zhang Yixing in the hall after school yesterday?" Sehun asked amused at Kais utter distress.

"HE HAS PICTURES, REALLY DETAILED RENDITIONS, OF ME ALL OVER HIS JOURNAL!" Kai all but screamed out.

Kyungsoo, Sehun, and Baekhyun all rose an eyebrow at that.

"Well that escalated quickly," Baekhyun mused.

"HE’S GOING TO KILL ME HYUNG WHAT DO I EVEN DO?!?!"

Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders. Baekhyun smirked. Sehun just laughed before leaving them to get more milk.

"I’m dead," Kai said miserably. "I’m a walking dead man. Good bye guys, in my will I leave you all with nothing."

"What a pal," Baekhyun uttered.

"Okay I’ve had enough of everyone’s stupidity this week, Jongin," Kyungsoo said sternly. "Come with me. You’re going to learn a thing or two about Zhang Yixing today and get this mess all straightened out."

*****

***********

*********

Kai really had no say in the matter when he was dragged off by his hyung because- really - who would even try going against Kyungsoo when he was angry? 

"You see this?" Kyungsoo seethed; pointing at a mural recently painted on the side of the school supporting equality. "Who do you think did this?"

The younger male blinked. 

"Someone really into unicorns?"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “Zhang Yixing is the one who single handedly painted this mural. When asked why ‘equality’, he simply said that he wanted people to stop judging others based on appearance or uality or religion. You’re literally judging him based on what you’ve seen him do. Not only that, but it’s being received into your brain the wrong way.”

"But," Kai interjected. "He carries around viles of red liquid! What if that’s blood?"

Kyunsoo scoffed.

"Those viles are red paint that he uses for his college entry portfolio. He caries them around like that because he draws at the most random moments."

"What about his strange artwork?" Kai questioned. "He draws body parts all the time, how is that not psychotic?"

Kyunsoo sighed, “He’s into realism. He draws body parts for practice. The guys is a crazy artistic genius. Yixing actually memorizes lengths and proportions of all kinds and draws people from memory after only seeing them once.”

"So he’s not planning ways to eat his victims after killing them?"

"Man," Kyungsoo muttered. "I really don’t want to know how your brain works. Like, what was your first impression of me when you met me if this is how you see Yixing? What, did you think I was out to rule the world or something?"

Kai looked away with embarrassment.

"Oh you’re kidding me."

"Sorry!" Kai shrugged. "You have to admit you look like a secret dictator!"

Kyungsoo grit his teeth but calmly spoke when he did. “Look, Yixing is beyond what you think he is. I’ve never met someone so good natured before in my life. If anything, you’re just trying to see flaws that aren’t there for your own sake. The guys is an angel, I think I even have a slight man crush on him, so why not just talk to him and stop acting like he’s going to seriously wound you?”

There was a long pause in which Kai took a moment to reflect on his assumptions. He had to admit, the Chinese student really seemed harmless without the smoke and mirrors Kai had put up. Everything was so clear to him, and there was only one reason he was still on the rocks about talking to him.

"He draws me a lot," He said calmly. "why?"

"You’ll have to figure that out all on your own."

*****

*****
******

***
It had really hit hard; the realization that Yixing wasn’t some psycho was beyond his limits of thought. To think he’s actually been so wrong about someone. Well, it was still slightly odd that he was all over the other males sketch book, but other than that Kai actually wanted to apologize.

He was so busy in his head that he didn’t notice the other body until it was too late. This time, though, Kai didn’t mind falling on top of the other male.

"OH!" Yixing gasped. "I’m so sorry I wasn’t paying attention, are you okay?"

Kai found it hard to speak as he looked at the older male. He was actually really good looking.

"Yeah…uh…." He stuttered out as he helped his hyung up off the ground. "I wasn’t watching were I was going either. Pleas, excuse my manors. You’re names Yixing right?"

Yixing blushed as he nodded; Kai noticed the dimple on the boys cheek.

"Yes, and You’re Kim Jongin right? Though I’ve herd you like to go by Kai?"

Kai dumbly nodded before making up his mind. Yixing was surprised when Kai suddenly bowed at him.

"I’m super sorry but I need to apologize to you. You see, I judged you for something you are clearly not, and would like to actually get to know you."

He didn’t want to look up, his whole body felt shaky, but he knew he had to. It shocked him that Yixing was bright red and smiling like an idiot. Kai had never seen something so adorable in his life.

****

*****
*****

******

It had been a month since he’d asked to be Yixings friend. He’d learned a lot about his hyung in that time and Kai felt like an idiot for ever thinking someone so amazing could kill him. Yixing did everything. He spent his weekends helping teach kids to dance, and drew portraits of people from memory. Equality wasn’t just his belief, it was his life. Yixing was beyond accepting of everyone and preached justice for all like it was a religion. It wasn’t until he was sure he could ask about it, that Kai finally let the cat out of the bag; and he’d waited a long time to do it.

"Can I ask you something Yixing hyung?"

Yixing - who was seated at his desk drawing - looked to his younger who was perched on his bed. He smiled.

"Sure, what is it?"

Kai took in a deep breath before answering.

"Well," He stuttered out. "I… I wanted to know why your sketch book, that one you always have on you, has a whole bunch of drawings of me?"

He watched as his hyung stilled; his expression calm but pensive. Yixing finally turned to him and let out a shaky breath.

"I guess I really can’t hide it now, can I?" He got up and sat next to his korean friend. Kai himself was suddenly very nervous.

"At first it started because the first day of school I saw you getting picked on by some kids."

Kai went wide eyed. He hadn’t thought anyone had seen that.

"I over heard them giving you a hard time about you being on the dance team. I wanted to say something but I suddenly remembered all the physical abuse I suffered in China for being gay and I hesitated."

Kai nodded; Yixing had been about ready to cry when he told him a week ago about his uality. He’d been afraid Kai wouldn’t want to be his friend anymore. Turns out the only other person he’d told was Tao, who was apparently a giant panda when you go to know him.

"I was relieved they only said things and not actually hit you, but I couldn’t get you out of my head. Then the school asked if I would paint the mural. I took the job because I wanted you to see it. I wanted you to look at it and remember that the world isn’t as terrible as you might think when others are judging you."

He wanted to hug Yixing, because really who was that kind at heart? So he did. His hyung didn’t seem to mind, even wrapped his arms around him as well, and continued on.

"But then I couldn’t stop drawing you. Every time I saw you I wondered if the teasing had stopped. I worried even more when I saw you hiding behind things to avoid something. Then you bumped into me and ran off like I was about to hurt you it really got to me."

"About that…" Kai said with a red tint to his cheeks. "Sorry, I kind of judged you too early on and well, again sorry, but I kind of thought you were a secret serial killer capable of eating his victims and wanted nothing to do with you."

Yixing laughed at that, recalling that Kai had said something before about having had the wrong idea about him, but never did he think it was that far fetched. 

"You thought I was going to eat you?!"

"You carried around viles of red paint that looked like blood, drew body parts like you knew them inside and out, and didn’t talk to anyone but the guy who looked like hated the word already, so yeah, excuse me for fearing for my life," Kai joked.

They smiled at the wall full of Yixings works for a while before Yixing finally spoke again.

"So.." He began. "What do you think of me now?"

Another tint of red found it’s way to Kais cheeks.

"Well.." he admitted. "Now I think you’re a freaking saint."

Yixing laughed at that.

"But mostly," He wasn’t sure why, but it felt right when he leaned in to kiss his hyungs cheek. "I think I could fall in love with you."

The chinese male grew a few shares darker when he felt lips touch his skin but smiled as he turned to face his younger. He placed a hand on Kais neck and leaned in.

"Good," He said as he kissed his lips gently. "Because I’m already in love with you."

FIN!!!

 

 

BTW guys I also draw and here are some Kaixing inspired things I have done :)

 

 

 

heehee enjoy! Happy reading!