Final Chapter

At the Crossroads

'They found you.' Lay said through the phone.

-

'Kyungsooooo-yaaaaaah. Can you cook our dinner later?' Baekhyun said cutely to Kyungsoo who was busy studying.

'Why would I?'

'Because if not I will tell Jongin about your little crush.'

'You wouldn't dare!' That stopped Kyungsoo from studying and faced Baekhyun with wide eyes. (Wider than his usual)

'You know me Kyungsoo. If I said I'll do it, oh I'll do it.'

'How did you even know?'

'Please, I can see it in your eyes everytime he approaches you. Calls you hyung. Nags you. Praises your food. There's this sparkle in your eyes.'

'Whatever.' Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. 'Fine I'll cook. Do you have a food in mind?'

'Yeah.' Baekhyun grinned.

-

'Sehun! Stop making out with Luhan and help with the lights!' Yifan said

'You're just jealous because you want Luhan too. Well too bad!' Sehun teased

'Whatever. Just help or else Baekhyun's gonna kill us.'

'I've never seen this guy put too much effort on anything.' Tao said

'Well, there's a first time for everything. Do you guys think they'll last long?' Minseok asked

'Oh I hope so. They're good for each other. I've never seen Baekhyun be that tamed and happy.' Kai said.

'But doesn't it bother you Kai that Baekhyun is happy with someone else?' Sehun asked. Kai's face changed but smiled

'Of course it bothered me at first. But now, not so much. I guess I moved on.' 

'And who are you moving on to?' Luhan asked

'N-no one!' Kai replied kind of defensively

'Ooooooh. Jongin likes someone. And I think I know who it issssss.' Jongdae teased in a sing song manner.

'Oh whatever. Come on. Let's just go. I think we've made this place pretty enough.' 

-

From: Baek <3

To: Yeollie ;)

Hey Yeol, you go there first. There's just something I need to do real quick. Wait for me okay? :)

-

Chanyeol drove to the place that Baekhyun made him go. When he arrived, it was a garden full of lights and at the middle was a candlelight dinner. This made Chanyeol's heart flutter. He strolled around the garden and sat by the bench overlooking the view of Seoul. It was breathtaking but he was wishing that Baekhyun was there already. 

An hour has passed but there was still no sign of Baekhyun. He tried calling him but it goes straight to voicemail

Hey Baek. I'm here. Already. For an hour. Are you okay? I'm getting worried. Call me when you get this.

Three hours have passed. Chanyeol is getting sleepy but also very worried.

Byun Baekhun, where are you? Are you okay? Seriously. Call me when you get this. I'm still here in case you forgot.

And just on cue, after he left his message there was a text message from Baekhyun

From: Baek <3

To: Yeollie ;)

Hey Yeollie, can you come here to our warehouse? I need help. 

And with that, Chanyeol went straight to his car and speeded down the road to go to the warehouse where he first met Baekhyun. He enetered the warehouse only to find it empty. There was no sign of Baekhyun whatsoever. He scanned the area but nothing.

'Well, that was easy.' Baekhyun said to his friends while they are in Minseok's car. They were just in the warehouse because they had a peaceful meeting with the gang who holds a grudge on Baekhyun.

'Yeah. It was too easy Baek. I don't think he's really forgiven you.' Minseok said warily

'Yeah, I think so too. Maybe he just wants you to let your guard down.' Kai said.

'I know that guys but I never let my guard down.' Baekhyun said while looking for his phone. 'Guys, have you seen my phone? I need to call Chanyeol.' 

'No. You can use mine.' Kai said but as Kai was about to give his phone to Baekhyun, there was an anonymous text. 

From: ***********

Lost your phone lately Baekhyun? 

Then there was a picture of Chanyeol in the warehouse looking worried.

'Uhm Baek. You need to see this.' Kai gave his phone to Baekhyun

'What the fcking hell? Minseok turn this car around now. Go back to the warehouse. Chanyeol's there.' Minseok turned the car around swiftly

'Oh Baek.' Tao said

'Fck. Fck fck. How the hell did my fell off my pocket? Fck. If something happens..'

'Nothing will happen. Don't worry.' Kai said.

Baekhyun was fidgeting in his seat. He knew better. He should've protected Chanyeol better. The members of the gang they are enemies with have blocked the road and there was no other way to get to the warehouse. They alighted the car and approached the gang.

'Get out of the fcking way!' Baekhyun said harshly

'Yeah. Sure. But only YOU could pass' The tall guy with blonde hair said and pointed to Baekhyun. They made way for Baekhyun and because he was so worried, as soon as they made way for him he ran towards the warehouse. He arrived at the warehouse relieved to see Chanyeol. 

'Chanyeol!!' Baekhyun shouted. The taller looked at the shorter and smiled. 

And then there was an explosion before Baekhyun's eyes. Everything before his eyes is now on fire.

'No. No. No!! NOO!! Chanyeol!!' He ran towards the burning warehouse and he could see the taller on the ground. He tried to enter but his friends came and stopped him

'Baekhyun, it's dangerous.' Kai said. There were ambulance and fire trucks everywhere.

'No. No. Jongiiin. Chanyeol's there.' He tried to get out of the arms of his friends. Tears streaming down his face. The paramedics placed Chanyeol's body on a gurney. He ran towards Chanyeol and got on the ambulance.

'No Chanyeol. You can't be dead. Don't leave. This is all my fault. Chanyeol.' 

They arrived at the hospital. 

'Chanyeol, you can't die. Please. We'll still have our dinner. I know you want to right? So please. Don't go. Wake up. Don't leave me.' Baekhyun cried as they run to the emergency room. 

All they can hear right now is the dripping noise, ticking of the clock, pulses racing, the screams, shouts and the sound that he dreads the most...

There was a flat line from the heart monitor.

Everything around Baekhyun stopped and all he could see is the lifeless body of Chanyeol. 

'Don't die. please.' He said softly. Tears streaming down his face. 

'Time of death: one o'clock am.' The doctor declared

'Please Chanyeol. Don't go. I know that now. I've known for a while.' He thought to himself as he let himself fall on the ground. 

'I love you Chanyeol.' 

-END-

 

Hi. :) How are you guys? It's really cold here right now. HAHA. Soooo.

What do you think? I'm sorry for this ending. Please forgive me. HAHA :) But I hope you like it. 

Thank you for everyone who subscribed, voted for and read my story. I hope you enjoyed. Leave some comments on what you thought of the story. 

This is really the end. I don't know if I will write an epilogue. Maybe not. 

Enjoy your christmas vacation and advance merry christmas!! :)

Stay safe and have a nice day. 

~A