Friends?

At the Crossroads

'So why are you here again? Is this like your sanctuary whenever you're hiding from someone?' Kyungsoo asked Kai while cooking.

'I'm not hiding. I'm watching my friends from afar.'

'And why are you doing that?'

'Because the atmosphere there is so weird I can't take it anymore.' Kyungsoo stopped what he was doing and looked at what Kai is looking at. Weirdly, Kai was right. The two groups were together but there is some weird awkward aura surrounding them. Sehun and Luhan sometimes look at each other awkwardly then they're unusually so far apart. Jongdae has joined their table but only talking to Minseok who was looking curiously at Luhan and Sehun. Tao was talking to Sehun but could feel that he was preoccupied. While the new couple was also so far apart and insanely quiet. This is really not the usual set-up of their group.

'Woah. What happened to them?' Kyungsoo asked.

'I don't freaking know. The weekend just passed then that happened.'

'We should fix this.'

'No. I don't think so hyung. They should fix it themselves. It's their problems. You're just gonna have to get used to my face that's all.'

'What a friend.' Rolled his eyes and continued cooking.

-

'You said what??' Sehun exclaimed

'I don't fcking know why I said that. It just slipped I guess.' Chanyeol said.

'What's with people and voicing out their feelings.'

'I slipped okay?? So what's with you and Luhan hyung?'

'W-what? M-me and him? There's nothing going on. Do you think there's something? No there's not.'

'Calm down dude. So he finally told you what he felt.. don't you feel the same way?'

'You know about what he feels?'

'Everyone knows Sehun. Everyone can see. I don't know why you were so oblivious to what he feels.'

'How long have you known?'

'I don't know. Years perhaps. Do you feel the same way? I know you do. I see it in your eyes.'

'It's complicated Chanyeol. So do you really love Baekhyun?'

'Complicated how? Because of Tao?'

'Just complicated. Hey. So are you really in love with Baekhyun?'

'Yeah. I think so.'

'Wow. And you said it after the first date. Wow. You couldn't be anymore stupid and weird.'

'I slipped okaaaaaay?? I know that was stupid of me. Ugh. Let's have a deal. We both fix our problems by the end of the week and if not, one is gonna treat the other. Deal?'

'Alright. Deal.'

-

While walking towards his classes, Sehun saw Luhan talking to the guy he was talking to in the amusement park.  They were laughing and looked like having fun. He felt a pang of jealousy and was about to approach them when Minseok passed by him and said 'If you just told him what you felt things wouldn't be like this.' and continued walking. 

Minseok was right. If he didn't keep Luhan hanging, things wouldn't have been like this. Sehun thought. When he looked  at where Luhan was, they were not there anymore.

'Looking for me?' 

'Oh fck!' Sehun said. Surprised by the appearance of the older.

'Hi Sehun. How are you?'

'Uhm. Good. You?'

'Great! Have you met the new student I was speaking to awhile ago? He just moved here from Canada. His name is Yifan and he asked me out. Haha. Surprisingly, I said yes. I just wanna tell you that don't worry I'll try to forget my feelings for you but can I just ask..what happened back there in the haunted house?'

'I-uh, uhm. I don't know. I'm sorry.'

 

FLASHBACK

Sehun continued what he was going to say 

'I-I uhh. I need to go.' 

Luhan was left there with a lot of questions in mind and a broken heart.

When he exited the haunted house, he knows that the two left him already and that was when Yifan approached him, they got to talking then offered to drive him home.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

'Why did you leave me hanging Sehun?'

'I'm sorry. It's complicated. I got sca--'

'You got scared huh? Guess what? I was scared too. I was scared when I confessed to you but I did it anyway. Running away is never the answer Sehun. Running away doesn't make your problems go away. Running away is for stupid and scared people who doesn't know and want to face their problems. But you know what, instead of getting angry I wanna be thankful. Thank you because I realized that I was foolish and crazy. Thank you because I got to meet a funny, smart and amazing guy. Thank you for waking me up. So. No hard feelings okay? Friends?' Luhan said with a smile and reached out his hand to Sehun

Sehun shook Luhan's hand and said 'Friends.' But their hands shook more than they should and Luhan was the first one to pull away.

Sehun watched Luhan walk away. 'Damn dude. What did you just do?'

'How long were you watching?'

'Long enough to know that you messed up. You messed up everything and our plan.' Sehun turned around to look at Tao.

'I know. I didn't know that this would happen. I mean I knew that he would admit it but when he finally did it I got scared.'

'Sehun, you approached me to help you. But you wasted my help. Yeah, you and I are close now but fix that yourself. If this happened to me, I would be mad, furious even.'

'Ugggh. Taaaaaao. Fck. I can't be just friends with him anymore. It hurt me when he went out with Minseok hyung. I don't know what I would do if he went out with that Yifan.'

'Hey! Yifan is really nice. He really is funny and so talented! He would be a perf-- oh right. You have a problem. Fcking tell Luhan what you feel, you coward.'

-

'Huang Zi Tao, if this plan of yours and Yifan doesn't work I'm gonna kill both of you.' Luhan said to the phone.

'Relax hyung. It's gonna work. Sehun asked me to come with him to follow you and Yifan hyung tomorrow.' 

'I have no idea why I suggested this childish plan. Well, I guess we better be the best actors tomorrow Luhan.' Yifan said.

------------------------------------------------------

Hii! What a cold day. I just wanna stay in bed and sleep all day. HAHA. :)

So what'd you think? 2 more chapters :) 

Vote, comment and subscribe!! :) 

Have a nice day! :)