What are the Members of POWER Like?

To Live is an Awfully Big Adventure

 

Yoo Joonmi, the oldest, main vocal. Age: 23 going on 24

Yoo Joonmi is the peacock of the group. She's very blunt, in your face, and is pretty much herself on and off stage. As the oldest she has the responsibility of taking care of her younger sisters including the "middle sister", the leader, Suri. Although she's the oldest she has no problem relating to the younger members AND is the closest to Dain. Joonmi joined the group after she finished high school (or the SK equiv.) decided that she wanted to pursue a career in singing than go to college. When the girls don't listen to Suri, half of the time it is because Joonmi is joking around the most having the younger girls follow her. The other half of the time she is getting the girls in line. When Suri is not with them, the girls defer to her which she had trouble with when Suri got sick a few weeks into their debut. She is very capable of leading the group but chooses not to. While a woman her age likes having responsibility, Joonmi just wants to play around as long as possible. She's not interested in dating per say, but she likes to look around, of course secretively since there is a Dating Ban.

Kang Jinju, second oldest, vocal. Age: 23

Kang Jinju is the peacemaker of the group through and through. Although she is seen as the calm, peaceful member, she has a really short temper that each member has seen the wrath of personally. She is not like Joonmi in the sense that she is silly as much as she is serious. The majority of the time Jinju is not seen playing around with her members. When first joining the group a lot of the members were apprehensive of getting to know her as her standoffish behavior threw them for a loop. She's a quiet girl but has a big heart and is always making sure her other members are okay. There are times when Jinju will be silly with girls as means of releasing stress but it always ends her up in trouble as she sometimes takes games, jokes, pranks a bit too far.

Im Nari, third oldest, lead dancer. Age: 22

Im Nari is something like the typical middle child. You know she's there but you often forget unless you need her or see her in your line of vision. Nari had a lot of difficulty when she joined the group because her goal was to be in one if the best dance crews out of South Korea. This of course all changed when she was scouted at a dance competition and by the backing from her group members, tried out. Never in her life did she ever think she'd be apart of an idol group. Nari is the member who tries the most to listen and give Suri the proper respect, as she was captain of her dance crew. She is often giving Suri pep talks on how to remain sane when dealing with all the girls. She is the closest to Suri.

Son Minah, singer & self proclaimed "cutie". Age: 21

Son Minah is your typical "cute" member who has a lot of aegyo for fans and the cameras. Because Dain refused to be labeled the "cute" maknae Minah declared she was the cutest member out the group so image problem fixed. Minah is very loud and happy as you can always tell where she is just by how loud her voice is. Her unnies treat her like a maknae when the other five donsaengs are not around. Although she is the one of the older members she is likely hanging out with the maknae line. She let's Nari take all her supposed older member stress to go off and play. Although she's always energetic, with a smile on her face, she is THE laziest member out of the group and her members always threaten to ruin her squeaky clean image letting the fans and public know what a slob she can be. She also has some the most enthusiastic fangirls who make it known how much they love her which leaves her rather flustered at times.

Lee Suri, middle member, leader & lead vocal. Age: 19

Lee Suri is the most out of place member in the group POWER. Her musical background is far from rap and hiphop and the closest she has to the YG hiphop roots is neo-soul. She is constantly overwhelmed and at odds with her group members and curses the day Yoo Joonmi was born as she ropes most of the members in her games. As leader she has a lot of stress and responsibility that she burns out quite often. Being the second youngest in her family gave her a little bit of experience in taking care of other but taking care of 8 other girls, 4 who are older is just too much. She has no problem using her status as leader to make the girls do what she wants and has no problem telling them that. It takes a while for Suri to get upset as she holds in a lot of her emotions but when she is upset expect for hell to break loose. She has found that a hit to the face every now and then to her member has them on their best behavior for about a good two weeks until they are back at messing around.

 

 

 

 

Min Eunli aka Mel, dancer & rapper. Age: 18

Mel is the most laid back member of the group often sneaking off to God knows where. Mel is a YG girl through and through with her love of hiphop. She was also in a dance crew and did a bit of rapping on the side before she auditioned for YG. Mel is the closest to a tomboy in her way of dressing but has no problem putting heels and a dress on. She may seem very relaxed but she's always worrying about her members, more importantly the youngest members. If the younger three are ever in trouble they go to her because she can soften the blow once she relays the maknae's trouble to their leader. Mel is more than ready to "break the States" as she feels she has a connection with the Western country. All she's ever dreamed about was dancing around New York and making friends. She the quiet dreamer.

Kim Tayee aka Tali, lead singer. Age: 16

Tali makes up a third of the infamous maknae line for POWER. Out of the three maknae's Tali is the most mature one and that says a lot considering how childish and silly the other two are. Tali likes to cause trouble but has a limit as Jinju is not afraid to scold her for being the oldest out of the three. She's probably THE most normal one out of the whole group and because of that she and Dain get into a lot of arguements. Between the three maknaes, her and Dain are always trash talking each other often getting scolded for doing it at the most inopportune times...like when seniors are around.


Park Ryejin aka Renni, dancer & rapper. Age: 15

Renni is the sneakiest of the group in causing pranks. She's always plotting on ways to drive her members up the wall as that is how she shows her love...so she says. She's probably the most boy crazy though she doesn't tell anyone of the girls. She's the most social going out of her way making friends. She's Dain's right hand girl and they are always together when they don't have any schedules. Renni is the least motivated to do actual work when she is in a bad mood or sick. She is always at the end of Suri's lectured and scoldings more often times than not.

Choi Dain, maknae, dancer, & rapper. Age: 13 going on 14

Dain is the youngest and first half black, half Korean member to debut in an idol group. When she was scouted she turned down every single company and threw out every single company card until a YG scout promised her that she would be taken care of. She was the first person to meet Suri as a trainee and was looked after by Suri while it was just the two of them. She is kept a secret all through her trainee period and is only revealed after the teaser videos are released to the public. She's very impulsive, pretty oblivious, and extremely honest. Her image is very tough, hard, and very similar to CL sunbaenim. She's looked after the whole YG Family and has a special place in YG's heart. She tried her hardest to be seen as mature but can't help but be cute as she is the maknae. After seeing the response of her aegyo, she uses this against her members and to her advantage. Dain is "out of sight, out of mind" kind of person who forgets any and everything if not reminded constantly. She can meet someone and a couple of months later not recognize the same person, it never fails how easy it is to forget about people if they are not interacting with her. She has been in love with Park Yoochun since she was 8 years old and wants to grow up quickly so she can introduce herself to him. Her presence in Kpop is met with negativity which causes her to doubt herself quite a lot. Her members try to do a good job of sheltering her from anti-fans and continually tell her how important and valuable she is to the group. She befriends people very easily and is not seen as a threat to fans when she befriends a lot of male idols. Dain is an "all in" type of person where when she does something, she goes her all and nothing less. She's very big on loyalty and absolute honesty. She is very sensitive and cares what others think about her and her group. All in all, Dain is a little girl in a big industry being led and supported by the people she most cares about.