Another Year of Life

To Live is an Awfully Big Adventure

After experiencing my first kiss my relationship with Ilhoon was great. We began to go out more by ourselves and were even photographed but none of our fans suspected anything going on between us. Although we kissed and went out we weren't together. I never held his hand or hugged him intimately. We were careful that no one suspected us of being anything than more friends but I think Ilhoon’s lingering feelings stopped for me when I visited BTOB’s dorm to hang out. Renni and Tali came with Krystal, Suzy, and I since we were visiting a guy’s dorm. I had on black skinny jeans, a black then T-Shirt under an oversized plaid shirt, with sneakers and a beanie. All the other girls looked cute and pretty in their girly, colorful accessories and clothes but I was the only one to be boyish. We knocked in the door and then continued talking amongst each other laughing and joking.

"Girls!!!! Noona!!!!" We turned and yelled.

"Hyunsik-ah!!! Oppa!!!!!" We bowed and he let us into the dorm.

dumped our shoes onto the others that were piling the front door.

“How is a guy’ shoe area better than ours?” Tali scoffed looking around.

“Because YOU and ing Jinju have too many pair of ing shoes!” Renni said shovig Tali out her way.

“You do have 9 members, unnie!” Krystal said and Renni they both looked at her and petted her head at the same time.

“You’re so smart.” Suzy said tickling her under her chin like a dog which made her bite at her fingers.

As Hyunsik lead us to the guys while laughing. “

You girls are really funny.” 

"Renni- Tali noona you came to play with us as well?"

"Just looking after our kid." They said putting their arm around me squeezing the life out of me.

"Yah! We take care of Dain-ah!" Changsub yelled from somewhere in the room as I was just about in a chokehold.

"Not like we do oppa!"

"Uwaa! POWER!" We turned further in the living room and saw that VIXX was there.

"OMO!"

"Hello." We said bowing.

My hat fell off but Minhyuk caught it before it could hit the floor.

"Thank you!"

"Do we need to tape your hat to your head, donsaenggie?"

"No!" I said laughing trying to fix my mess of hair taking my beanie.

"We didn't know you had girls coming over."

"Don't say it like that, they are just are friends!" Ilhoon said pulling me away from the girls, doing our handshake.

"Aish these two."

"Don't be jealous of our friendship!" Ilhoon said as I stuck my tongue out at them.

We settled down and it didn’t take Suzy  long to find something to talk about firing curses left and right.

“Suzy-ssi, with a mouth like yours how are you going to find a guy?” Hongbin asked her and we all laughed at the question. “Hongbin-SSI, is my cursing bothering you?”

“N-NO! IT was just a question!”

“Okay, well 1. I don’t want a guy. I want a ing man. This is how I am. My members can you tell the same thing.” The guys glanced at me and Tali scoffed.

“REALLY? Why are you looking at our Dain? You think Dain made her this way?” I looked at the guys who immediately broke eye contact.

“Our maknae didn’t ing make Suzy the way she is! Do you can go shove your ing assumptions before I do it or and believe that I hae done it before.” Renni bit out now on her knees instead of her but as she put her hand on my shoulder.

“Ahh unnie~ calm down. It’s okay, a lot of people think that.” I said smiling o the VIXX members.

“Shut the up. You hurt her feelings. ing apologize.” Tali said looking at them.

“Okay, we are sorry for giving into assumptions. It’so hard  believe that this is the nation’s first love.” I nodded to the m and the BTOB members laughed loudly.

“Down girls! You two are going to make them piss their pants!!!” They both busted out laughing and waved their hands.

“Don’t hurt our baby.” I hugged them along with Krystal and Suzy and the BTOB members did a dog pile on top of us. Throughout our time at the dorm I talked to Hyuk getting to know him, asking him questions and picking his brain. I hoped my interest wasn’t so obvious but good ole Krystal saw everything.

"He's cute right?"

"Unnie~!" I whined and Krystal kissed my head and laughed.

"I'm just messing with you." I pouted at my feet and fell on Ilhoon who was beside me.

"He is." I sad grinning and she busted out laughing.

I missed the hurt look that crossed Ilhoon’s face but Tali didn’t as she had been watching us closely. VIXX and I became so confortable in the time we were together that they began to call me their little sister.

"Yah! Choi Dain! How do you make friends so easily!" I laughed at Sungjae who was frowning and shrugged.

"It's because she’s pretty and nice." Hyuk said and they had a fit. "Thank you, oppa."


 Beginning our new promotion period  our group as interested in a grittier concept and I was allowed to cut my hair! I was extremely excited and had to wear a wig when I went out since we couldn't let the public know. My style would be more boyish and appealing to my haircut which was cool because it was more my style but still went with the girl’s styles. During our hiatus me and Bobby, a trainee began dancing together for fun and we had enough sense to record them. He was from the States so we spoke in a mix of English and Korean when we were together. We were dancing one day and G-Dragon saw us and recorded us and posted the videos in his Instagram.

*Our cutie maknae got skills, huh? Dain-ah and Bobby fighting!* After that the sunbaes came around and recorded us in our own world.

I was in my element dancing to music I could feel.  Bobby and I were always so in sync that we danced well together. After a random day of dancing I took our own Instagram video of us tired and dancing in the mirror.

"Bobby oppa say hello to my followers!"

"Hello! Continue to support my little sister and POWER!"

"Anticipate Bobby oppa's debut!" I said before waving at the camera..

 Not long after that out teaser/comeback pictures came out as they were still when I had long hair so when the teaser came out my hair was cut which caused a lot of talk. I took a selca with Joonmi with my hair out. Our full song came out and people were extremely shocked by my haircut and style but I loved it! I got to wear cute bandanas and beanies showing off my boyish charm. Everyone around us loved it and said I looked much younger but handsome. One of the girls had recorded me and Nari in studio singing along to music dancing in the studio with a SnapBack on and a huge YG Family hoodie and ripped jeans with leather patches on and a bandana with dark shades on while Nari was in a jersey and shorts with a bandana on and a leather jacket with dark shades. The beat dropped as we sang loudly we took turns singing to each other and sang together.

*Our Nari and our King Dain who feels empowered with her boyish haircut. Have you fallen for her boyish charm, yet?* It was true that I felt more intuned to my masculine side and the company called me King Dain which I loved. Although I was dressed pretty manly I was still girly with my makeup and jewelry although I stuck with studs, big hoops, chains, and rings. I even got to wear baggy pants which fans were not used to. I kept my position as a rapper during our recent promotions and my infatuation with my new image was over months later once my hair kept growing.

 

My birthday was coming up and it marked when I could show off my legs as my parents and the girls refused for me to show skin until I reached 18. When it reached my birthday my hair had grown all the way out and I got it dyed an auburn color and finally put on an outfit that revealed my skin. I did it with a bang as the top I wore was collared with patches and my back revealed and low rider jeans that showed off my flat stomach. I put on heels and a black hat and the girls had a FIT! I had a party at this loft with a bunch of people who I knew came! Industry and family! When I showed up everyone had a fit and I busted out laughing at their reactions. My parents and grandparents came up to me and hugged and kissed me. My dad had a fit about my outfit but I cheesed and showed off my 18 pin. My mom loved it and thought I would have went further but I told her wait until I got out into the public which we high fived. All my friends loved my parents and they were big fans of my dad but a lot of the guys drooled over my mom and were amazed. I had a big cake as the girls got cake all over my face and took pictures of me. There was music playing and everyone got up to dance so it was like a dance party. We did charades and all types of games. I had a lot of fun enjoying my party.  The next day I went out with a cropped top, an oversized jean jacket, black leggings that had patches missing on my thighs in teasing places, with some Jordan's and a beanie. We went to the city and we were blasting this guys mixtape and Suzy was driving vibing out and Krystal was too. I did a video of us dancing to the music and we all sang for a bit.

*So it's this feeling being 18with your best friends? I feel unstoppable!* We went out to where idols populated and I had a lot of double takes.

 We were photographed as we walked around but we had too much fun. The next day I stayed in the dorm and the girls said I was all over the news. From me turning 18, to having a party with a bunch if big name people, wearing something so revealing, and dressing more femininely. I laughed but had the girls take a picture of me and fans' presents and uploaded it on Instagram being thankful.