Better Get Used To It

To Live is an Awfully Big Adventure

Two years after debuting, POWER was one of the most popular girl groups in South Korea. Two years seems like a long time to get popular but it was actually really short. Never in a million years did the girls or I ever think we’d be so well received by the public (or the majority). At 17 years old I had grown a lot but I was still treated like a child amongst the majority of people I came in contact with. I thought that once I had gotten older people would treat me like they treat the rest of the girls, NORMAL. I could never do things on my own; I needed special permission from our manager or the girls to do normal things. If I ever went somewhere I had to let everyone know. It felt like the girls as well as my manager were overly strict parents. Being in the music industry for three years I gained some friends and begun to go out with them. I became extremely close with f(x)’s Krystal and Miss A’s Suzy who completely different from how the public saw her. It probably looked funny. The nation's first love, Behavior-Problematic Krystal, and the hardcore, YG'd out rapper and maknae of POWER getting along and joking around.It seemed that I was the ultimate YG girl and the public were concerned that we would get along but the girls ate closer to me in personality then some would think.The first time we were photographed out together had the neitzens go crazy. They were not happy with our friendship and were convinced I was a bad influence on the two angels who were with me. My choice of clothing, dark colors with baggy pants, graphic tees, and sneakers not appropriate two wear around two angels, or whatever bull people say. If you search “Unlikely Trio” then multiple pictures of us three would come up. We’ve been pictured at each other's events, walking down the street, going into norebang, downtown eating food from the street vendors, pictured wearing friendships clothes, jewelry, etc. any and everything you could think off. I rarely thought about what people thought of our friendship as I was finally had industry friends who were the maknaes of their own groups who were genuinely good people. To say the least the three of us were very interesting to the public. We tried going out as often as possible, to not only get away from our members but to spend time with each other as just be ourselves without having to watch what we say. Norebang was always our “go-to” hang out spot so one were to try to follow us they would know with how frequently we were pictured there. Norebang with the girls went on as usual as they had me sing KARA’s Damaged Lady making Suzy laugh the whole time as I decided to sing/perform a kkap version. Krystal had left minutes ago and came back in with some drinks but I was so into the song to stop.

"You are out of your mind Dain-ah!!!" I laughed but continuing to sing and dance in front of the huge television screen.

Suzy ran up to the front of the room and grabbed the second microphone, singing along and dancing with me. I couldn’t get through it because Suzy looked like she was having a conniption. Krystal chose our next song which was Deng Deng Deng by Supreme Team. That song was one of my hype songs so I’m not sure why Krystal was surprised when I jumped on the table in the middle of the room and like my life depended on it. Suzy later dropped to the floor flinging her hair around, not noticing Krystal taking a video of us acting like complete idiots. As the song ended there was loud applause that had us all screaming before standing beside each other. When we finally got ourselves together we looked at the door to a guy standing there smirking.

"YAH! Ever heard of knocking?!?"

"Sorry Krystal, hello ladies, you're having a good time, don’t stop because of me.” He said smirking looking over all of us.

"Ilhoon, what do you want? If you’re here to piss me off you’re on your way to it. I’d hate to be ugly and pee on your shoes." Suzy said with a sweet smile on her face.

I couldn’t contain my laughter as I busted out laughing making her nudge me. I was a second to late in dodging it as I stumbled over to my drink on the very same table I was ‘performing’ on. I was unaware of the eyes following me as I had my back turned towards them.

"Heard a good song so I wanted to see who was singing it. I've never met you before." I looked up almost chocking on my drink and widened my eyes at the girls.

"Huh? What?"

"Somebody wants to make a new friend." Krystal smirked at this Ilhoon guy.

“Ah~!” I said before smiling and bowing towards him.

"Hello, I'm BTOB's Ilhoon."

"Hello I'm Dain."

"From POWER!" The girls added and I frowned at them as I hated introducing myself to like I was on a music show while hanging out.

"You're even prettier in person." To say I was shocked was an understatement as I glanced at the other girls before bowing to hime again.

"Thank you."

"You are VERY welcome Dain-ssi."

"What the hell? You have some nerve you punk! Get the out of our room!!!" Suzy yelled at him moving closer to him.

Ilhoon smiled at me before running out so Suzy wouldn’t get to him.

"Ilhoon has some nerve-"

"But he's fine!" Krystal said loudly pulling at her hair.

I laughed at them turning back to the screen to pick another song. When our time was up we left out laughing at each other, messing around when I felt eyes on me. I looked around to find the person who was staring holes in my back. When I turned to the right I saw Ilhoon with a group of guys. His face lit up as we looked at each other but I ducked my head and alked faster to catch up with the girls. It was the first time a guy had spoken to me while I was apart from my group. I soon forgot about Ilhoon as we decided to get some food from one of the street vendors.

 

 

 

I had finished watching a movie with Krystal and Suzy when the girls said (via Suzy and Krystal) we were having dinner at TOP oppa’s house and that I had 10 minutes to make it there as the girls had completely ignored their calls and texts earlier when we were hanging out. I usually tried to dress a bit more feminine but I had absolutely no way to talk the girls into letting me change so I was stuck in leggings, a jean/sweatshirt hoodie with Marilyn Monroe thugged out on the back with a SnapBack on and some Jordan's. By the time I got to the building I had got off the elevator on the sixth floor to run up three more flights of steps because people were going down on the elevator. I banged on the door bent over trying to catch my breath when it opened with Jaejoong oppa behind it.

"Jaejoong oppa!" I yelled throwing myself at him hugging him.

"Well look at you! I haven't physically seen you in two years! You've grown so much!"

“Oppa you didn’t expect me to not grow up, did you? I’m almost a woman!” I said walking into the house.

"Maknae-ah!"

"Coming!" I said running to the living room being dog piled by the girls.

After some colorful threats they got off of me and helped me up trying to fix my clothes.

"Was the movie good?"

"Hilarious!" I said as they let go of me.

"Sorry I'm late oppa!" I said to TOP who was watching us.

I turned back around but stopped.

"Oh hello." I said bowing deeply towards Kim Junsu and Park Yoochun across the room.

“I thought it was just you, oppa.” Jaejoong only smiled as he shook his head.

"Were you safe?" TOP asked looking at me and I raised my eyebrow before shaking my head. 

"OF COURSE NOT! We got super drunk and snuck into the club. Of course we are careful!"

"I wouldn't put it pass you three!" Joonmi said as I smirked a little remembering when the girls wanted to sneak into the club.

"We're going to ban you from seeing them!" Nari yelled.

"Them! It's Dain-ah!! Caught her sneaking into the dorm past her curfew!" I glared at MInah who smiled giving me a peace sign.

"I lost track of time! It's not like I have a cellphone!"

"I'll get you one." I looked over at Yoochun shocked and then laughed his offer off.

"No you won't!” Suri and Jinju yelled.

“How many times do I have to tell you old guys to leave my members alone?”

“She needs a hand phone, Suri. Something happens to her and she can’t get to you.” Junsu said pointing at her.

“You 9 are popular now! I don’t know about your fans but I’m sure there are people who are not fond of you. They hurt her and then what?” Yoochun said looking at me before raising an eyebrow a Suri.

“Oh off!” Joonmi said moving in front of Suri.

“She’ll get a ing phone when we want her to get a phone. Stay in your lane and stay out of our ing business. Okay? Okay.” I could only sigh at them before I took off my hoodie which made my hat fall off and my hair fell all over my face like a curtain.

“Ugh, so annoying.” I said shaking my head to  get it out of my face.

Sensing my struggle Tali came over and fixed it for me before kissing my head. I smiled at the action before getting under her on the floor at the table filled with food.

"This is the first time I've ever seen your hair straight and down, baby." Jaejoong said tilting his head, gesturing for me to sit up straight.

I held up our W hand sign smirking before TOP oppa threw a chopstick at me making everyone laugh at me.

"Since I've cut it." I said responding to his earlier statement throwing the chopstick back at TOP making try to lunge at me across the table.

"Her hair grows so fast though, never seen anything like it." I nodded accepting the food that was offered to me by Jinju.

"Got a boyfriend yet?" I started coughing up the water I had just drunk when Junsu surrised me with his question.

Jinju and Renni ,who was on the other side of Tali, began patting my back, raising my hands above my head which hwere later pulled down by Tali who pushed the others away.

“Holy .” I mumbled catching my breath.

"Language." Joonmi said tsking at me.

"Not while she's drinking!" Renni yelled over the laughs.

"Sorry!"

"So boyfriend yet, Dain-ah?"

"Of course not!"

"Of course not? I'm surprised there aren't boys trying to contact you."

"No, I'm never around guys to like me and my image could scare them off or it's because-" I motioned to myself.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't have the pale skin and small legs."

"Not all guys here like girls who look like that." I looked at Yoochun before turning to Junsu who picked up off where Yoochun stopped.

"I can't believe you don't have a boyfriend!"

"I don't know why that's so hard to believe!" I said laughing, stuffing my mouth with meat wrapped in lettuce.

“Well, when you eat like a guy it’s not.”

“I’m hungry! I eat well!” I said with food in my mouth sticking my tongue out at Suri.

"She has an admirer though!" I glared over at Renni reaching behind Tali trying to hit her before Jinju pulled me back.

“Don’t fight in front of guests, maknae-ah.”

"I don't!"

"Oh really!"

"Who is he?" Yoochun asked and I blushed shaking my head as his stare was making me embarrassed.

After all the years wanting him to look at me, he is when they want to pry in my nonexistent love life!!!

"It's no one."

"Lies! It's BTOB's Ilhoon."

"The one who made the cutie player big?" Junsu asked scrunching his face.

“Don’t worry, oppa. You’ll always be the cutest cutie.” Minah said fluttering her eyelashes at him as Junsu rolled his eyes at her sarcasm.

"Yeah!"

"He's good looking." TOP said.

"Yeah he is." I said and immediately regretted it.

They all started making noise and I shook my hand up at them.

"He's good looking! There's no harm in saying someone looks nice! Jaejoong, Junsu, and Yoochun oppa are good looking!"

"Am I your style, Dain-ssi?" Jaejoong asked and I laughed making everyone else laugh, ignoring the question.

"What makes him your admirer?"

"Nothing!"

"He went out of his way to introduce himself to her when he saw them at norebang." Nari said over me.

"Did he?"

"No! He was being polite!"

"But then why were you giddy when he said that other thing?"

"It was the first time a guy noticed me! I am a girl; I like that type of thing, unnie."

"What did he say?"

"That she looked prettier in person and when he said thank you he said you're very welcome and when they were leaving he couldn't take his eyes off of her." Tali said super fast with a huge smile on her face matching the boy-crazed look in her eyes.

"And Ilhoon is special!"

"Why?"

"Because he noticed her instead of focusing on her friends." They all had blank faces making me scoff at them.

"Well you have Krystal, Jessica's sister! They look a bit alike and people adore Jessica so of course they love her sister! And then you have Suzy! The nation’s first love. EVERYBODY loves Suzy and for him to notice me...well he's special." I said getting up from the table, going into the kitchen to escape all the questions and looks.

"You okay?" I turned and it was Jaejoong.

I smiled turning back to the window that overlooked the area at TOP oppa's place.

."Yeah, just getting out of there. It becomes overwhelming having that much attention on myself. It gets so sudden that I wanted to leave before it happened."

"You better get used to it baby, you better get used to it." He said smirking at my reflection in the mirror before leaving the kitchen.