30; On Point.

Sentience

On Point.

chapter 30&31 are double updates~~~

Jongin was walking proudly in the airport like it’s his own runaway. The airport fashion was a really something to idol and celebrity these days because many people paid attention to it. He was never relly preparing his outfits but he was always walking proud (and he always rocks with everything that was thrown at him) so that made his outfits seemed always on point.

Many reporters and fans were waiting in the arrival and started taking pictures of Jongin who was just came back from Japan. He was there for advertisement filming and fan meetings, and even fan signing events.

At least he had some schedules to make him busier, because if he had nothing to do, he would be like a guy with full of frustration thinking of Minhee. At least when he was working, his mind wasn’t that full of Minhee.

Back then when this caller ID showed up on his phone, he’d definitely muted it but at this time… since Jinni came to his life… he wanted to accept the call from his Dad.

“Jongin?”

“Hmm?”

“Where are you?”

“Airport, why?” he answered coldly. He thought it was Jinni who wanted to talk, but no, it was his Dad.

“Are you going somewhere? Or?”

“Why? Just tell me.”

“Today is Jinni’s first day school yet both her Mom and I couldn’t pick her up. Can you?”

He was thinking for a while, it’s not for his Dad, it’s for Jinni anyway. Why’d he abandon his little sister? “Where’s her school?”

“It’s your kindergarten, do you still remember?”

Of course he remembered, because back then it was always his Mom who waited for him in the kindergarten while his Dad did nothing. “Of course I do.”

“I will pick her up at 5 in your place. Thank you, Son.”

Even though he was extremely tired because of the hectic schedule in Japan, even though he had to take his car in his apartment straight from the airport then went to the school… because it was for his little sister, he didn’t feel any tiredness at all.

Because back then when his Mom was sick and his Dad was (as always) busy with his work, he waited in the school until there were no other kid except him… and the security was about to turn off all the light… and his Dad wasn’t even there to pick him up.

And one of the teachers should drive the crying little Jongin home. It made him traumatized by being alone at dark, and being ditched by people.

it was the first day of school so the school was even more crowded than before. Many parents waited for their children to come out and there was Jongin, still wearing his airport fashion; a white t-shirt with blue ripped jeans and a pair of vans. A supreme snapback, and limited edition Gucci shades. Of course he was the center of attention because he’s an idol and his fashion was extremely on point.

But the attention was even more centered on him when Jinni ran to him and they hugged.

“Oppa!” she ran while calling him loudly.

Jongin hugged her and carried (hiding) her to the car before some fans appeared and taking a picture of Jinni. “How about your first day?” he asked while driving.

“It’s fun!” While Jinni was explaining her long story about her first day school, Jongin drove towards McDonalds’ drive thru because he was hungry and he didn’t want to make Jinni hungry too.

“Two chicken legs with rice, two McFlurry, two cheese burgers.”

“Oppa, are we going to your place?”

He looked at her, “Yes, we will wait for your Dad in my place.”

“Our Dad…”

He was speechless at her words, it was just two words and her expression wasn’t even that serious… but it was damn right. He’s their Dad, not just Jinni’s Dad yet Jongin didn’t want to say it.

“This is your order.” The lady gave Jongin his order and he took it without even responding to Jinni’s words. He was just as clueless as Jinni.

The lobby was empty so he could carried Jinni without the fans capturing her face. Jinni was too young to be the center of attention, and he didn’t want to be separated with her just because people recognized her.

“Wow… your house is so huge, Oppa!” Jinni ran here and there inside the house.

Jongin sat in the sofa and patted the empty spot beside him, “Sit here, we have to eat.”

They were watching Pororo while eating the McDonalds and Jongin felt a strange feeling because he was unexpectedly happy when he saw Jinni laughed and happy. It felt like a brotherly feeling, she really made him wanted to protect her more.

He was never had a sister nor a brother, he was always treated like a youngest everywhere he went. But now he has a little sister, it wasn’t a dream, she’s real.

“You Dad called, he’s on the way here.”

“…our Dad, Oppa.”

“Yeah.”

“Where’s Minhee unnie?”

The question made Jongin stopped drinking the soda, he placed the glass and looked at Jinni. “Jinni, please stop asking about her, okay? She’s not my girlfriend, she’s another guy’s girlfriend. We’re just best…friends. Understand?”

The little Jinni nodded her head and continued eating the ice cream. Looking at her right now made Jongin realized that Jinni would find many guys in the future, and he didn’t want her to meet a bad guy, he didn’t want that guy to break her heart.

He thought that he’d stop breaking girl’s heart, because he didn’t want his sister to feel the pain too.

The bell ringed and when he saw who’s outside, half of him wanted to keep Jinni… because she made him treasured. Jinni always treated Jongin like he’s the best brother in the world, while no one treated him like a human in the industry. They just treated him like an actor who worked for the whole of his life.

“Dad!” she hugged her Dad and waved to Jongin, “Can I sleepover next time?”

“Of course if your Dad allow you.”

“Our Dad…”

Their Dad felt the same as Jongin when Jinni said that words, it made them even more awkward with each other. “Thank you, Son.”

“Hmm.”

“I’m going.”

“Bye.”

It was just ten minutes after he closed the door then someone pressed the bell again, this time was his manager. He opened the door for her and walked in without words.

“This is your schedule for this week.”

Jongin didn’t even pay attention to his manager who was explaining his whole schedule. The text message from his Dad really caught his whole attention, saying that Jinni’s birthday is tomorrow.

He was thinking, what’s the point of telling him about this news? But then he realized that it’s because he cares about Jinni and his Dad was sure that Jongin would be happy hearing the news.

And because Jinni was expecting her brother to come to her birthday.

“Don’t you even care about your schedule?”

“Do I even have a schedule?”

Manager Park closed the book and placed the pen on the table, then leaned back to the sofa, “What’s wrong this time?”

“Jinni’s birthday is tomorrow… what should I do?”

***

a/n; I will update chapter 31 in few minutes~~~