16; He's Leaving.

Sentience

He's Leaving.

“Let’s face this together, hand in hand.” Jongin held Minhee’s hand tighter than before and smiled warmly to her. “Is it okay if we lie to your parents… for this time? I mean…”

“It’s okay. I don’t want to hurt them either if they know their only daughter isn’t a anymore…”

“I’m sorry.” He hugged her.

They knew that lying wasn’t the best thing to do  in this situation, but there are nothing better than lying for a while because they both still young… they had a long way to go… and they wanted each other. They didn’t want to be separated.

When they walked downstairs, Minhee’s parents were waiting in the living room with their serious face. Her Mom was couldn’t even look at her directly.

“Sit down.” Her Dad said, and the kids just sat in the sofa, looking at their feet. “Explain to me, the truth.”

“Are you two dating for real?” her Mom asked.

“Mom –“

Jongin squeezed her hand, interrupting her words, “We are dating, but the news is fake. Let me explain this… the photo was photoshopped, that wasn’t real at all. There are some fanatic fans who always followed me around, they even stalked me at everything I do. And they probably the one who made this things up.”

The parents didn’t give them any respond. They were disappointed, of course.

“I will treasure your daughter. I’ve been her friend since we were very young, and I will never ever do any bad things to her. Trust me.”

“Dad… I’m sorry…”

Mr. Choi didn’t give them an answer and just walked to his room instead. But in the other hand, her Mom reached them, “You know, it’s hard for him to accept the fact. But, I trust you, Jongin. You wouldn’t do anything bad to our daughter.”

“Thank you, Mom.” Minhee hugged her, crying in her arms. “And I’m sorry…”

**

“Do you really have to go?”

Jongin hugged her like he didn’t want to let her go. “I don’t want to go.”

“Then… don’t go…” she pleaded, “And stop squeezing my body, you idiot!”

The more Minhee protested, the more Jongin squeezed her body with his arms, “Promise me you’ll be okay while I’m out of the town. And do something good at college!”

She rolled her eyes lazily, “You’re trying too hard to be sweet. It’s disgusting.”

“That’s why I love you.”

Out of the blue, she smiled like a crazy, “I love you too.”

Jongin finally let her go of his arms, “Since I’m out for filming with Himchan, you can’t cheat on me! Because I will always check that old guy!”

“Why are you checking on him? I told you, you really need to date him.”

Suddenly Jongin leaned for a kiss, and they kissed tenderly, sweetly, lovingly. “I told you, I’m as straight as a ruler.” And he gave her a one quick peck on his sweet lips.

When his manager arrived with the van, Jongin gave her the goodbye hug and kissed her temple. And Minhee’s one week without Jongin had started.

At first she didn’t feel anything wrong beside missing Jongin in every seconds. Because he couldn’t contact her while he’s on the filming set, so, Minhee should wait him until he finished the shoot. Her Dad seemed still a little mad at her because the news of her daughter and Jongin on the bed had been spreading wide.

As the head of the family, the head of the police, it’s normal if he was ashamed.

In the Monday when she ended her vacation and back to her reality in the college, people started to look at her differently. She was always hate being the center of the attention, but now, every single eye was looking at her.

It was Minjung, her friend, who always there for here. Because she knew the whole story, and she didn’t blame her bestfriend. Because she had a boyfriend, and she would do the same as Minhee if she was in her heels.

People (mostly Jongin’s fans) were sticking many bad words towards Minhee to her locker. And when she saw it, she tried to be calm and just throwing that out of her gaze. In the next day, some people would do vandalism to her locker, writing such as ‘DIE, !’. Fortunately, she was strong enough to hold her anger.

Because every single thing she did right now was always being the attention, and if she did something stupid, she’s afraid that she’d make her Dad ashamed of her again.

Silent is gold, they said.

“I don’t get it why his obsessed fans can’t get over this instead? Like just… accept the fact that they’re just fans and their idol is in love with someone else.” Minjung nagged all the way home.

After replying Jongin’s text, she placed her phone in her bad, “I’m not dating a #1 most wanted bastard in Korea for no reason.” She answered calmly.

“They’re bad mouthing you, they gave you a death glare, and they almost kill you and you can still calm like this?”

“C’mon, I’m staying with him because I wanted to, because I have a reason, because I love him and we promised to go through this obstacle together.”

“Because you gave him everything you have? Even your ity?”

“I gave him because I love him. I’m not giving him my for no reason or because I just wanted to do it with him.”

At that time she realized that Himchan’s existence was just to make her realizing her feeling. If Himchan didn’t come, if they didn’t meet at that time, Minhee would never realize about her feeling towards Jongin. Himchan was her first love, but he didn’t fit in her heart the best.

It was Jongin instead, the one who was always with her. The one who was always fight with her. The best friend who she hated the most.

Because girls just hated the boy who they loved. They said ‘I hate you’ to the boy that they loved the most.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to my Dad’s office. See you, Minjung!”

As soon as she stepped out of the bus and walked to the police station, there were some girls who recognized her and a girl was throwing an ice cream cone towards Minhee. And without she noticed, some reporters were following here along the way here from the college.

When the crazy fans started to encounter her, and the reporters started to asked many things towards here, she didn’t know what to do. She was cornered by them, and everybody was talking nonstop.

“Stop! I’m her Dad! You better watch out your step and don’t even touch her!” Mr. Choi with his full police uniform protected his daughter from the fans and the reporters.

“Dad?”

And their face was on the headline news in many online sites after that day.

“The girl who had a scandal with actor Kim Jongin is the daughter of the head police in Seoul, Choi Joon Ki.”

***

a/n; i made a new chapter poster, what do you think?