25; Flashback.

Sentience

Flashback.

“Do you feel better now?” Himchan pulled the blanket next to her neck and gave her a cup of warm water to calm her down.

She nodded and smiled to the guy in front of her eyes, “Thank you.”

It was always Himchan who soothed her when she was crying, when she was lost and she didn’t know where to go. When she was in the hardest state, when she went through difficult time, it was always Himchan who supported her.

“You know, that girl must be lying. I know Jongin’s not that kind of people.”

“I don’t care about it anymore. I was just… just… shocked.”

He knew that she was lying. She cared about Jongin alot, her gaze was different to Jongin, like she didn’t want something bad happened to Jongin. And when Inna appeared and told her everything… Himchan saw that pain painted all over her eyes. She was angry, and sad. She loved Jongin but she hated him.

And there’s no space for Himchan.

“Where’s Jongin’s family? His parents? I haven’t seen them.”

Minhee looked at the air before answering the question. “He doesn’t have a Mom, she passed away when Jongin was very young. And… he doesn’t even know where his dad is.”

“I see why your parents and his manager take care about him a lot.”

“Yeah,” she placed the cup in the drawer, “he became an actor since he was very young to achieve his Mom’s dream. He dreamed it so much, and now when he became one of the most successful actors in South Korea… I shouldn’t tear it apart.”

“But he’s really popular, his father should’ve noticed him, right?”

“Jongin met his father once but he has a new family and…”

 

“I met my Dad yesterday.”

“Really?” Minhee widened her eyes, “He must be really proud that you’re popular now.”

“No.” he stated. “he apologized for everything he did in the past.”

“About the cheating thing?”

He nodded, “Yeah, he felt ashamed that he cheated on my Mom and even when she passed away, he didn’t know about that. And now he’s living with his new family. And… and I have a little sister.”

“Isn’t that great? You have a new family then!”

“I don’t have one, I will never have one. He felt ashamed and he said I don’t have to call him my Dad because he did so many wrong things in the past. He wanted me to act like a stranger. Somehow I hated him because he left my Mom, he cheated on her, and now he’s happy because he has a new family and even a daughter. But I just have to let it go since he requested me to act like a stranger, we didn’t meet often in the past either. I spent my whole life with my Mom anyway, he was never been there for us.”

 

“And?”

“And…” she paused… “and he’s not in good relationship with him.”

“He must be lonely then.”

“He is.”

“You sure know about him a lot, Minhee.”

Yes, Minhee really knew all about Jongin and even the detailed things about him. They’ve been friends since a long time ago and Jongin always told everything to Minhee and vice versa. They trusted each other as friends even though sometimes they’d fight over nothing like a cat and a dog.

But at this time, Minhee couldn’t even trust anything from Jongin anymore. Everytime she wanted to try, Jongin always disappointed her.

“I should’ve let him die earlier.” She suddenly blurted out.

Himchan chuckled, “Then you will die, too. Because you can’t live without him. You’d probably kill yourself.”

“Excuse me?”

“I know you better than you know yourself, Choi Minhee.”

**

 

“What happened to me?” was the first sentence he said after he woke up. He tried to sit but his head was so dizzy, he couldn’t even move it. “And why are you here?”

“Which one shall I answer first?”

“What happened to me?”

Inna sat beside him, crossing her arms in front of her chest, “I don’t know. From what I saw on the article, you were standing in front of… who’s that head police daughter’s name?”

“…Minhee?”

“Yeah, and then a man came and attacked you with a wood but Minhee protected you and got hit.”

“Minhee? Where’s she now?”

She shrugged, “I don’t know, she was here before with Himchan but she ran away and Himchan ran after her after I told her I’m your partner. Is she your crush or something like that? Because she cried.”

“What? You, what?” Jongin really tried to get up but his head was really dizzy and heavy, and his body was in pain. “How could you tell her about that?”

“You should’ve told me to keep this as secret to her!”

“Whatever, I really need to find her!” but really, Kim Jongin was in his worst condition, he couldn’t even lift his head. “Damn!”

“Wow you’re so weak, shall I give you another energy drink?”

“Energy drink your ! Get out of here!”

“Shall I open my clothes here?” she said seductively, but Jongin didn’t even give a to her.

“Get out.”

“Come on, at least you touched it.” Inna forced Jongin and placed his hand on top of her . “Please…”

“Are you insane?! No.”

She pouted, “Someone just poured something to my drink, somehow it made me . Please, help me.”

“Can’t you find anyone else to you instead of me? I can’t even lift my head now!”

“Just play with it!” she placed his hand again… but…

“Oh… I wanted to make sure that you’re okay but seemed that your condition is getting better since she came. And don’t ever dare to show your face in front of Minhee anymore. I’m sorry for disturbing your time.” And Himchan shut the door. He was sure that he would never give Minhee to Jongin anymore since he saw him and Inna right in front of him.

It’s enough for her to get hurt by Jongin.

***

a/n; seems like no one ship himchan&minhee... seems like everyone hated minhee lmao what happened here:(