17; Protected.

Sentience

Protected.

The other cops were running outside, protecting the father and daughter there. Mr. Choi walked inside the office with Minhee who’s crying in his arms. For all the time, he didn’t mad at her, he just didn’t know what to do because this little girl’s life might be ruined by Jongin’s fanatic fans.

He’s a cool Dad indeed. He made Minhee sat down in the sofa then gave her a cup of tea. “Stop crying.”

How Minhee wished she could get a husband like her Dad who’s cold outside (and cool because he’s a police) but soft and warm inside. He didn’t need so much words to show his love towards his daughter, he did an action instead.

Minhee nodded and wiped her tears, “Now everybody knew that I’m your daughter.” She sobbed.

“That’s not even a big deal.”

“But you’re a head police, and your daughter… is on a scandal… the whole country hates me for sure. It’s okay if you hate me.”

The father Minhee’s hair and smiled warmly, “In this case, I’m not the head police, I’m the father of the daughter who’s in a trouble. And I’ll always be with you, don’t worry.”

They hugged, and Minhee cried again in his arms. “I’m sorry, Dad… I’m really, really sorry. I ruined your image.”

“Everything will be okay.” He walked to his desk and took some papers, “I will make a team to protect you from the reporters.”

“Don’t overact, please, Dad. I’m okay, really. I swear!”

“You have to thanks to God because you have a head police as your Dad because I can protect you!”

She gave up, “Up to you. Just don’t follow me around. I don’t like it.”

**

“How’s your day?”

She fixed her hair and looked at the front camera, smiling, “Not bad.” She lied. “And how’s yours?”

“Tired.” Jongin answered from the other line. Even though they just met through a video call, at least Jongin could spent his little time for Minhee. To say a goodnight before she went to sleep.

“Come back quickly, moron. I’m missing you.”

He laughed at his though girlfriend, “Yes, ma’am. I’m coming back in three days.”

“ it’s been three years since you’ve gone filming.”

“You probably yourself while I’m gone.” He .

“Come back quickly so I can kick that , with my studded shoes!”

That’s the way they flirt. It’s just Minhee and Jongin.

“Baby, the director called me.”

“Okay then. Don’t overwork, don’t forget to eat. I don’t want you to die.”

“You too. Bye. Goodnight, Minhee.”

“Goodbye. I’m hanging up.”

And that’s the ways Jongin sent her to sleep, with a big smile plastered in her face. She had a though days without Jongin. The bully and the reporters didn’t stop, but she tried to be a strong girl and didn’t tell Jongin. Because it might messed his mind since he had to act properly in the drama, without being disturbed by any other thing.

She placed her phone away from the bed because she didn’t want anything to disturb her sleep, especially the anonymous text message that insults her.

 

From: Himchan

I’ve heard the news. I’m happy for both of you and Jongin. Even though I’m not that happy… hehehe. I’m jealous because you finally chose him. But what can I do? I wish your relationship will long lasting. Once again, congratulation, sweety.

 

What’s the point of holding and locking your feeling if you didn’t feel well? At least Himchan could opened up his feeling and tried to accept the fact. His promise to be always at Minhee’s side was the promise that he wouldn’t ever forget.

Even though Minhee chose Jongin, even though he’s not the one that she chose, he promised to himself to protect that little girl.

**

 

“Do want me to drop then pick you up to the college? Since the reporters wouldn’t stop at this time.” Her dad offered, because he felt insecure and worried about his daughter’s safety.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to.”

“But today I have something to do near your college. I can drop you by the street.”

“If that’s the case… okay then.” She approved.

The locker that was full her photo that was photoshopped, or papers that full of hate words and many more didn’t even get her attention. She was coolly threw them to the floor and just walked away like there’s nothing happened.

She didn’t like to be the center of attention but since the scandal started, the attention that people gave to her was just like a snack to her. She didn’t even care about it anymore. “It’ll be over.” She thought.

Fighting with the fan girls wouldn’t settle the problems, because they’re madly in love with their idol, and they were disappointed to both Jongin and Minhee. Fighting would just increase the heat between them.

And she was bored to be the headline news in most of the online sites.

At least she thought about it before…

“What was that for?!” she threw a plate to a girl’s face. Because that girl just threw a hand-full mashed potato to Minhee’s face. At first she could held her anger towards the over-obsessed fan girls, but this was too far that she didn’t even imagined it before.

“For your thick-skinned face!” she replied boldly.

Minhee grabbed a hand-full mashed potato from the other people’s plate and threw it right to the girl’s face, “And that’s yours!”

“You really need a punch in the face!”

“Punch me, I’m not afraid!”

“You’re not afraid because your Dad is a head police and your boyfriend is our idol, right? Do you think that I can’t do it to your ugly face?”

“What?!”

“Stop it!” someone suddenly went in to the crowd, and every single eyes were looking at the guy with the shades beside Minhee. He grabbed Minhee’s hand, “I really need to go back to school to protect my girlfriend from you all.” And they walked away.

In the car, Jongin cleaned Minhee’s face with a wet tissue and since he grabbed her hand earlier, Minhee didn’t stop blinking. She couldn’t believe that Jongin was finally back. “Seemed that you’re not happy when I came back.”

“You said that you’re coming back in three days.”

“I was lying, stupid!” he wiped away the leftover mashed potato in her cherry lips, “I really missed this lips.” And then he leaned for a kiss. Their kiss was full of longing of each other, seemed like they didn’t want to part the kiss. “Ew! You tasted like a potato!”

Minhee punched him in the chest hard, making Jongin groaned in pain. “I hate you!”

“I love you too, Minhee.” He pulled her for a hug.

“Don’t leave me…” she pleaded, almost crying. “I gave you everything… even my ity. I really have nothing if you leave me.”

“You know that you’re going to be my first and my last. I will not let anyone to taste yours other than me. You are mine and I’m yours.”

“You’re so cheesy, I can’t help it.” She finally cried… because she was touched.

“Minhee,” he cupped her face, “I really, really love you.” Then he kissed her. They didn’t care about the place. They was just making out inside the car, in the basement. Minhee moved her place and sat in his lap, riding him.

The couple was even going crazier after they both slipped down their underwear and tasted each other after they separated in the last week.

“Hmmm… Jongin…”

He moved Minhee’s waist forward and backward, “Hmmm, baby… ah… you’re so ing good.”

“Don’t… leave… me… I will give… you… everything… just don’t… hmmmm… leave… me…” she moved in sync with him. “I love you.”

“People outside would be suspicious about this car… can we… continue… in my bed?”

 

From: Manager Park

The staff and boss let you come back earlier than the rest because you have to settle things to her. The drama’s rating was dropped down, you have to fix that! Remember you have to protect her not matter what. The fans are going crazier by the day. Tell her the truth that you’ve to leave her. I will set a press conference for tomorrow afternoon. You really have to do it right or the fans will never stop torturing Minhee.

 

And he replied:

 

To: Manager Park

I don’t want to.

***