Chapter 18 - UPDATE

Summer In Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The italic words mean 'FLASHBACK'

 

---

“Joongie, after thinking for so long, mom thought that you had better not involved with that celebrity anymore.”

 

Jaejoong moved the cellphone to his left ear. “Mom, like Joongie said before that our relationship was not like what you thought.”

 

At the other end, his mom sighed loudly and said, “Mom doesn’t care what kind of relationship you have with him, but the most important is, don’t meet that celebrity. Or whatever celebrity.”

 

It was Jaejoong’s turn to sigh deeply.

 

“At first Mom thought that you can managed it, but seems like it was not like that,” said his mom again. Her voice sound sad. “Why must you get involved with him? Have you forget about Lisa?”

 

Jaejoong got silent. He felt that it was no need to remind him about that. He have not forgot. Never forget. How can he forget? Since the first time he met Jung Yunho until now, every time he looked at Yunho, he was always reminded of Lisa, always asked to himself whether his decision was right. Now he felt that there was something wrong with his decision. He should never involve with Yunho, because his heart is in a chaos right now, his mind was in a mess. He could not feel calm because he was not really honest with that man.

 

“Don’t say that this problem is different from Lisa’s problem,” said his mom again. “Because even though they were different, Mom does not care. Please don’t get involve with him anymore.”

 

“Jung Yunho is a kind person, Mom,” said Jaejoong.

 

“Mom doesn’t know either he is a kind or bad person,” his mom interrupted quickly. “The only thing Mom know is that, your sister’s death was related to him. So stay away from him, Joongie. Stay away from him.”

 

Jaejoong got startled. “Why did you say that, Mom? Mom was talking as if Jung Yunho himself cause Lisa’s death.”

 

“That was not what Mom meant!” said His mom loudly. “Mom only thought, if only Lisa did not go to Korea that time, If only she did not attend that event, She must be still alive now.”

 

Actually his mom was not a narrow-minded person, Jaejoong knew that. His mom was not someone who would talk about ‘if only’. Actually this was not what Jaejoong hoped when he decided to help Jung Yunho. His intention that time was only to know Jung Yunho, to know him better. Only for a while and only that. He did not has any intention. How could he know that everything will turn out like this? How could he know that his feeling will change like this?

 

After hanging up, Jaejoong got up from his bed and walked to the window. He opened the curtain and looked outside the window. It was raining. How long has it been? He did not realize it.

 

Jaejoong inhaled, then exhaled slowly. He touched his cheeks which felt warm. Right, his noona, Lisa, has passed away. Lisa used to be Yunho’s fans. Lisa was Jung Yunho’s fan who passed away at the fan meeting four years ago. Who could guess that Lisa would pass away just because attending a fan meeting? Jaejoong still remembered when Lisa called him four years ago.

 

 

“Jae!”His sister called out happily. “The fan meeting just finished! Finally I met Jung Yunho! I saw him! I even talked to him! Oh yeah, I managed to get his signs. I got two. One for you. And I also got a brooch from him! He gave out ten brooches to his fans. I am one of them! I am so lucky, aren’t I?”

 

Jaejoong only snorted and laughed. “Aww, so happy. Noona must be the only French there. Noona talked to him? What language did you use? It is not like Noona can speak Korean?”

 

“don’t underestimate your Noona,” his sister said while laughing. “I can speak English a little. Korean? At least I could say ‘Saranghaeyo, Yunho Oppa’. That is the most important.”

 

Jaejoong smiled hearing his sister’s laugh at the other end.

 

“Why did you refuse to come? You will regret it,”said Lisa again.

 

Jaejoong hissed. “Please, Noona do know that I am not Jung Yunho’s fans. Why do I need to get squished between all that people just to see someone who I don’t even like?I am not Noona who was willing to take a flight from Paris to here only to see Jung Yunho.”

 

“Love needs sacrifation,” said Lisa poetic, then laughed out loud.

Jaejoong laughed too.

 

“Okay then, I am waiting him to come out,” said Lisa. “Woah, It starts raining. Oh, there, there, there… that is him coming out. I hang up okay?. I will came home soon. Don’t eat first. Wait for me. Annyeong!”

 

That was the last time Jaejoong heard Lisa’s voice. Lisa never go home to eat. Jaejoong wait her go home to have dinner together, but she did not go home. After waiting for a long time, the phone rang and Jaejoong almost became limp hearing that news. He did not remember what he did after that. Everything became blurred. If he wasn’t wrong, he called his parents who were in Paris immediately, then rushed to hospital. Lisa did not open her eyes when Jaejoong arrived. His noona did not open her eyes when Mommy and Daddy arrived at the hospital. She even did not open her eyes when Mom called out. Lisa never opened her eyes anymore.

 

Jaejoong woke up from his daydreaming and realized that his cheeks were wet because of tears. He wiped them with his palm, but his tears did not want to stop.

 

What should he do now? Jung Yunho… should he tell him?

 

Suddenly his phone rang. Jaejoong was startled. He looked at his phone which was laying on his bed. He wiped his tears and reached for that phone. He looked at the screen. JYH. Jung Yunho.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Jaejoong?” Yunho’s voice was heard. “Have you ate?”

 

Without realize Jaejoong smiled. “You are calling only to ask that?”

 

“Am I not allowed?” answered Yunho. “Have you ate, not yet?”

 

“Of course I have. It is already passed dinner time,” said Jaejoong. “You haven’t ate?”

 

“Not yet. I just finished shooting for a television show,” answered Yunho, then Jaejoong could hear a sneezing sound.

 

“What’s wrong with you? Got a flu?” asked Jaejoong.

 

“No. the weather is a bit cold tonig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter