Chapter 1

Summer In Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I am still on the street… Mm, Just came back from office… I also know It's already ten o'clock… Yeah, ten past eighteen. Whatever."

 

Jaejoong walked slowly. One of his hand holding his cellphone, and the  other hand holding his bag. He exhaled excessively and frowned. The last person he wanted to talk to now is Choi Siwon, but that man just called him and acted like a protective boyfriend.

 

"Siwon, I'll hang up, okay? I am so tired," Jaejoong interrupted Choi Siwon's words and hung up straightly. Once again he exhaled, then looked at his phone annoyingly.

 

Why there was so many problems appeared today? This morning he had have a problem with one of the company client, then he was nagged by his boss and the last was he must worked extra time until this late.

 

Jaejoong became more annoyed to remember what had happened to him all day. But he was to tired to angry. All his bone felt hurt and his brain couldn't be asked to think anymore. Again he exhaled loudly.

 

This was not the first time for Jaejoong to work until this late, but today he had decided to stop working for that fashion designer. His work really drained his time and energy that he even didn't have any energy to concentrate in his college in the morning.

 

He stopped his step and sighed. "I'll go crazy," he mumbled to himself.

 

Jaejoong looked around his surrounding. Seoul haven't gave any sign of sleepy. The buildings on the road were as if compete to light up all the city, persuading people to enjoy the beautiful summer night in that amazing Capital city of South Korea. Even though he had lived in Seoul for so many years, Jaejoong was still amazed with the atmosphere in this City. It was already ten o'clock past, but the street was still crowded by pedestrians and the cars that passed by. A delicious smelt was came out from the Japanese restaurant at the front, Disco songs was merely heard from the music store beside him, the voices of people talking, shouting, and laughing.

 

Suddenly Jaejoong felt dizzy. Then he stopped his sight at the snack store across the road. After thinking for a while, He nodded and mumbled, "Well," as if gave up to the debate that he did in himself.

 

Jaejoong crossed the road and walked with a big step, As quick as what a pair of legs that haven't rest for the last eight hours could do, and entered that store. After greeting the shop owner who he had known for a long time, Jaejoong walked directly to the chips section.

 

"Oh, Jaejoong, You have a problem again in your office?" asked the shop owner after seeing five big packs of potato chips that Jaejoong put on the cashier table.

 

Jaejoong smiled sheepishly. "Ah, no. I just a lil stress." He opened his bag and looked for his wallet. Where did that wallet go?

 

"Wait a moment, aunty. I am sure I've put in the wallet earlier…" Jaejoong ransack his bag, then poured out all the contains on the cashier table. Now, aside of five packs of potato chips, there was a small comb, a little worn out small book, A pen which cap had lost, lipgloss, key, folded umbrella, three coins, red handkerchief, Handphone, two pieces of worn out receipt, empty candy wrappers, and a hair clip.

 

"Why it isn't here?" Jaejoong mumbled to himself while kept searching. He left it at home? It means that he didn't realize he left his wallet all day?

 

Suddenly he heard a phone's ringtone. Jaejoong glanced at his phone on the cashier table. Oh, it's not his phone that rang.

 

"Have you arrived at home?… Yeah, I'll go there soon."

 

Jaejoong glanced at that husky voice. That voice was owned by a man in white who stood behind him. Then the ringtone was came from that man's phone. Now Jaejoong could see that man hung up the phone and put it back to his pocket. One of his hand holding a small basket that contained five bottles of soju. that spectacled man was still young, maybe his age was about the end of twenties or early thirties, Good-looking and his appearance is very neat like someone who had a high position in a company.

 

That man smiled at Jaejoong, then smiled friendly. O-oh. This was the first time Jaejoong saw such an attractive smile. That smile as if made all his tiredness disappeared without stain. That smile was very attractive, very…

 

Jaejoong shook his head to clear his mind and concentrated his mind back to all the things that was messed on the cashier table.

 

Suddenly Jaejoong felt someone tapped his hand. He lifted up his head and saw the shop owner smiling at him and said, "Jaejoong, How if you let that mister pay for his groceries first?"

 

Jaejoong Looked at the shop owner, then turned  around to the man behind him. "Oh, yes. Sorry." Jaejoong step aside and that man walked to front.

 

"How much?" asked that man while putting his groceries on the table. Suddenly a ringtone was heard again.

 

Jaejoong felt his head started to feel pain again. He was already so tired and now that man's ringtone almost made him lost control.

 

That man took out his cellphone and glanced at it . Then he putted back his phone on the table and rummaged his other pocket. He took out a different phone, turned out that second phone was the one that ringing loudly.

 

Oh My God, quickly answer the phone! One handphone was already confusing enough, why must he have two? thought Jaejoong while massaging his temple.

 

That man paid for his groceries while talking on the phone, then walked to the door. Suddenly he came back and took the other cellphone that he put on the table earlier. "Sorry." he mumbled while smiling to the shop owner and Jaejoong.

 

That smile again, the smile that could warm even a freeze heart.

 

Wait, What words were that? Jaejoong closed his eyes tightly and when he opened his eyes again, that man had went out from the shop and entered the white sedan car that parked in front of the shop.

 

Because Jaejoong couldn't find his wallet, The shop owner allowed him to pay tomorrow. Jaejoong put back all his belongings that was messed on the cashier table while kept bowing down deeply to shown his gratitude and apologized.

 

After came out from the shop, Jaejoong immediately opened one pack of the potato chips and started eating. "Now go hem," he said to himself.

 

After saying that, his phone rang. and He cursed the day when Handphone was invented at the moment. Actually he didn't want to answered his phone to save his energy for walking home, but that ungrateful thing was kept shouting, asking to be answered. Finally Jaejoong gave up and rummaged his bag fiercely to look for that damn phone before he himself would be shouting historically in the middle of the street.

 

"Helloo!" Jaejoong wanted to angry, but his voice turned out desperate.

 

There was no answer heard from the other end. Is this person mute or what?"

 

"Hello? Who is this? Please talk… Hello? HELLOOO?"

 

Jaejoong just decided to cut the line when suddenly a hesitant voice from a man was heard from the other end.

 

"Sorry… Isn't this Jung Yunho's cellphone?"

 

Who is this person again?

 

"You got the wrong number. This is Kim Jaejoong's phone," said Jaejoong curtly and flap his phone close harshly.

 

Jaejoong looked at his phone while biting his lips annoyingly. 

Can't you let me live at peace for a moment?" He was going to take out the battery when he suddenly felt the need to call his mother to inform that he would arrive at home soon. Even though Jaejoong live in Seoul and his parents live in Paris, they often called him to check his condition. His mother had called earlier to ask why Jaejoong haven't arrived at home yet.

 

He opened his phone back and press one for the speed dial that will connect to his parents's house telephone in Paris, but he was surprised when he read the words that appeared on his phone's screen when he pressed that number. The words wasn't "Paris House" like it should be, but "Park Yoochun" name. Jaejoong quickly cut  the line and stunned.

 

Jaejoong stared at the phone that he was holding. It's really his phone, at least the shape and the colour was exactly the same as his. He opened the contact menu on the phone and bewildered when he saw the names that he didn't recognize. His already tired brain was forced to think again.

 

Earlier in that aunty shop, all his belongings was messed on the cashier table, included his phone. When the phone that owned by the man who stood behind him rang for the first time, He thought it was his phone that rang because they have the same ringtone.

 

Then that man second phone rang. That man put his first phone on the table and took out the second one. So, on the cashier table there were Jaejoong's phone and that man's phone.

 

Jaejoong remembered that man's phone that he put on the table did have the same type as his own phone. Before left the store, that man turned back to take his first phone that he left. Now Jaejoong was holding a phone with unfamiliar Contact list.

 

His brain started to understand what had happened. It mean… it mean… that man had took the wrong phone. That man had took Jaejoong's phone.

 

Jaejoong hit his own head and cried our desperately. "What is this? Oh Dear, I will go crazy. crazy." he looked to his right and his left. that man's car was couldn't seen anymore. Jaejoong felt his body almost felt on the floor. He felt like crying. Where he could find that person?

 

Suddenly an idea appeared on his almost numb brain. His phone was with that man, right? It meant that Jaejoong could call his phone and that man would answer it. An energy appeared back to Jaejoong's body. He called his number with that man's phone that he was holding.

 

Jaejoong walked to and fro at the roadside worriedly while waiting for the line to be connected. "Quickly answer… quickly…please…qu-Hello?"

 

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter