Chapter 11a

Summer In Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clock showed that it was already 00:52 when Yunho arrived at his home. He threw his car key on the table and threw his body on the sofa. He wiped his face and took off his jacket. Today was really tiring. After sending Jaejoong home this afternoon, He and Yoochun went to the airport to send his mom. After that Yunho was busy again with his tight schedule. Of course all day the reporters kept chasing him non stop and asking about Jaejoong, but Park Yoochun asked him to not give any comment for now. They must discussed the next step with Jaejoong.

 

Since this evening Yunho wanted to call Jaejoong. He wanted to know whether Jaejoong was alright, but he didn't has time. Now he took out his cellphone from his pocket and opened the flap. Was it too late to call?

 

Look like it was not wrong to try.

 

Yunho pressed number nine and put the phone on his ear. He frowned when he heard the operator voice telling him that the number he was calling was not active. Yunho closed his phone and wondering.

 

Well, today didn't need to be prolonged.Tomorrow he will go to meet Jaejoong directly.

 

After taking a bath and wore his clothes- an orange T-shirt and white pants, Yunho felt more comfortable. While drying his hair with the towel, he walked to the living room and the television. Then he walked to the kitchen which located not far from the living room and open the fridge.

 

"No snacks. Why did mom only buy ramen?" he mumbled while took out a pack of ramen. He turned around, glanced a little at the television, then bent down to open the bottom cupboard. Suddenly he stopped moving and straighten his body quickly. He widen his eyes to look at the television.

 

The screen was showing a woman reporter delivering the news in where the incident took place. On her background, he could see a burning building. All the firemen walked to and fro and the polices that were trying to calm the people surrounding there. seems like the atmosphere was so bustled, he could hear people crying and screaming.

 

Yunho grabbed the remote control and turned up the volume to hear what the reporter were saying.

 

"…until now the firemen are still trying to extinguish the fire. We have not get any confirmation whether the building are already empty or not. The fire are so wild, we hope all the residents had manages to get out…"

 

Yunho's eyes were glued to the screen. His body was tensed, his heart beat so quickly. This can't be. That can't be Jaejoong's apartment building. He was there this afternoon. God, please say this is not true. But now the reporter is mentioning the name and location of the building. Yunho could feel his blood frozen at once.

 

Without thinking any further, Yunho threw his towel on the floor, grabbed his car key, and went out from the house.

 

He drove in full speed, his fingers gripped the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles turned white. He feels perplexed… worried… afraid. His heart was still beating so quickly and his body felt cold. He tried to reach Jaejoong's phone but still didn't get any response. His phone was not active. he kept praying along the way, hoping Jaejoong is fine. Hopefully Jaejoong already went out and didn't hurt. How could this happen? How is Jaejoong now? What if…

 

Oh My God, he could go insane!

 

When he almost arrived at the place, the street was already closed down and no cars could pass. Yunho quickly left his car and run into the crowd. It was so chaos and the air was so hot because of the smoke from the fire, make it so suffocated there. Yunho ran to and fro and looked at the surrounding, trying to find Jaejoong. He was walking quickly among the crowd while calling out for Jaejoong. Where is he?

 

Yunho keep turning his head around and searching. Suddenly his eyes caught the silhouette which was standing a bit far in the crowd. That person was only in pajamas, stood there and looking at the the burning building with empty eyes.

 

"Jaejoong!" Yunho called out but that man was remained unmoved.

 

Relief flood through himself when he ran towards that man.

 

"Jaejoong…" Now Yunho has stood beside Jaejoong and touched his arms.

 

He turned around in a daze and Yunho could see his face was dirty because of the smoke. Yunho could see fear in his eyes. Yunho grabbed his arms and realized that he was trembling.

 

"Are you okay? are you hurt?" asked Yunho worriedly while checking Jaejoong from head to toes. That man was only in pajamas with bare feet. His hair was in a mess and both of his hands was gripping a wet black and white checkered scarf. The scarf which was given by Yunho at his fanmeeting.

 

Jaejoong nodded, still in a daze. "Yes, I am fine," he answered lightly. Yunho could here tremble in his voice too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter