Calm

Missing

January 2013

It was a new beginning – for both you and me. We were like batman and robin. Just without the masks and all. We don’t need those though.

I liked creating music with you, and now, I could do that, ‘cause you became my assistant producer. Somehow, the studio became a brighter place. There were ideas flowing, rhythmic beats, the occasional burst of laughter – everything.

Sometimes I would still get stuck for a bit though. It wasn’t because the piece was wrong, but because it simply didn’t sound right. It was like it didn’t sound the way I wanted it to sound. Sometimes it’s hard to convey this. You’d tell people, like can you have a listen at it? And they’d tell you things like oh, I think it’s great! Keep it up man! Or, maybe they’ll say like I think it sounds okay.

Don’t you think that something’s missing though…? I would ask.

And they would just shake their head with this odd little look, as if I was out of my mind.

But you understood though.

You would have a listen, and your head would be slightly tilted to the left. Your eyes would shift from time to time as you thought about it. You looked cute like that, I always thought, like a puzzled little cat.

Sometimes the corners of your mouth lifted into a slight smile, and that made me smile, too. Other times, they would form into a little pout and your eyes would give this look, like you were conflicted. Either way, I knew I was on the right track.

 

-

 

You and me, we were a team. And we were friends, too.

I liked it back then. I liked how we could work together and create unique pieces of music. I liked how we could talk about so many things. It was so fun and easy to be around someone like you, Chaerin-ah.

Sometimes we gossiped and laughed together. You’d always laugh so openly and heartily. There’s something about your laughter that really draws me in. It captivates me, you know? It always felt so…um, genuine? Yeah, I think that’s the word. Whenever you laugh along at my stupid jokes, I feel this cheery warmth in my heart.

-

There were a couple of times when creativity drove us working into the wee hours of the morning. The element of time would just rocket by, without us noticing.

One time, I woke up only to see the mess of your golden brown strands on the opposite side of the table. Quietly, I tried to get up, not wanting to disturb you. Something fell off of my shoulders.

It was your coat, I realized.

And I smiled.

-

Thinking back now, all those times spent together, we had felt so happy. We were carefree and happy, weren’t we?

Or was it the illusion of our youthful innocence?

-

And so, the studio was in this state of calm and bliss.

Well, I didn’t know then that it was the calm before the storm.

-

 

A/N: Hey lovely readers! Thank you for reading :) 
Hmm, are we back to short updates again? Hahah, sorry guys. But at least it's a happy chapter, right? Also, thank you for those who subscribed! ^^
I hope you will enjoy this series. Cheers!