Water

Missing

 

-

Nobody ever tells you what to do when you lose your sense of hearing.

Nobody prepares you for stuff like that. We always think, oh, that will happen to someone else. It wouldn’t happen to me.

-

It wouldn’t happen to me… right?

-

 

Airports are always busy places. There are always heaps upon heaps of people and moving things everywhere at the airport. It almost feels like everything is so fast-paced that if I don’t move, I just might drown in the crowd.

And so, with quickened footsteps, we left the arrival hall.

As always, and as expected, there were the group of enthusiastic fans lingering behind barriers and barricades. I felt the overwhelming burst of energy from them. They are so elated to see me, and I remain, as I am, grateful to them.

They smiled and they screamed and they waved.

-

With quickened footsteps, I managed a smile and waved at the fans, before hastening my way out of the airport.

-

 

The manager hyungs and staff led me to a series of jet black SUVs with tinted windows. As we moved to the other side of the vehicle, suddenly, my footsteps came to a halt. I was just about ten steps away from the doors of the vehicles, but I stopped.

-

 

And I stared.

 

-

 

Because you were standing there.

You were standing with your back against me but I’d know that silhouette anywhere. You were standing on tip toes, straining your neck, trying hard to look over the van and the crowd ahead.

Were you… looking for me…?

Were your eyes trying to find me in the sea of people?

 

-

 

Had I been gone for so long that I’ve forgotten what it’ll be like to see you? Because, suddenly you were here. You were standing before me, flesh and blood, body and soul.

I see you now – only mere meters away from me – and I feel my heart crashing in waves.

 

-

You were here.

-

 

After the many days apart and separated… after so many days of missing you and reminiscing about our memories, you were here, standing right before me.

 

-

And then, as if you knew I was standing behind you, you turned around.

Your hair danced and whirled along, the beautiful golden strands spreading out all at once.

-

 

… And I finally saw your face.

 

-

Your eyes widened in mild surprise and your lips lifted into a smile.

-

 

In that flash of an instant, my heart pounded beats of elation.

It was like I was immersed in happiness.

 

-

I was happy.

-

 

I could only think: The person I love is standing here, smiling at me.

And it felt like that was all I needed.

 

-

It felt like that was all I ever needed.

-

 

Oppa!

 

-

You had greeted me, cheery smile and happy eyes.

-

 

I smiled back at you. It seemed like your smile would always make me smile too.

 

-

You ran up to me then, throwing your arms over my shoulders enveloping me in a state of warmth. Automatically, my hands wrapped around you.

-

 

Looking back now, I can still remember that embrace so clearly and vividly.

I can still capture those emotions I felt in that hug - the mad fluttering of my heart; the overwhelming relief I had in that instant; that peaceful moment of bliss; that single embrace of love.

It was beautiful.

In your touch and embrace, it had felt like I’ve come home.

 

-

That single moment seemed to last forever, but it wasn’t long enough for me.

-

 

Then, my fingers sensed waves of little vibrations through your shirt.

I knew then, you were talking.

 

-

You were saying something.

-

 

…you were saying something that I couldn’t hear.

 

-

 

It pained my heart that I couldn’t hear the words you were saying.

 

-

I held on tightly to our embrace.

-

 

But my heart bleeds at the soundless Oppa that you had greeted me with.

 

-

 

And then, water fell out of my eyes.

I really, really wanted to hear your voice.

 

-

I clutched on to you and closed my eyes.

-

 

There was water everywhere. 

 

 

Hey you lovely! Thank you for reading ^^
Hope you're having a nice day like I am :) Leave me a comment maybe? x