Daseot

Third time's the charm // Sundae

For an hour and a half Shindae had been cleaning her camera and looking through the photo's she had taken that day. Club activities had mainly passed in silence, for her. In the background there were people murmuring, tools clattering, pencils and brushes  and the buzzing the pottery machines harmonising with the melodies of activity. During the first of the many one and a half hour tortures, Shindae would be facing this upcoming year, she didn't fail to show her intolerance with the club, with heavy sighs and the scowl on her face. Shindae had glanced at Yoongi twice during that time, only to see that he was in quite a similar state as she was. The mood of both was totally contradicted by the smiles and concentration of the other club members. Shindae reminded herself that they had willingly applied for the club and she had been forced to come here.

 

The delight displayed on her face, once the club president announced the end of the day, mirrored that of Yoongi's. She found herself instantly glancing at the boy, who to her surprise had glanced back, locking his smiling chocolate brown eyes on hers, mirroring her facial expression. Shindae almost jumped out of her seat, swinging the strap of her camera over her head. Just as she was about to walk towards the door, it opened. In the opening stood a girl, slightly shorter than she was, With a few blonde locks and the rest of her hair brown, the tanned newcomer stared at the club president, Jin. The young man himself turned towards the door as well, immediately smiling upon identifying the girl that had opened the door, with a louder sound than one was supposed to. Shindae arched her eyebrow as her facial expression faltered. She knew this girl. It was a second year student, member of the school's dance club.

 

"Yah! Kim Seokjin. Hurry up! It's five already." She demanded.

 

Shindae's eyes travelled from the door towards the desk, where Jin was standing, and back several times. She heard the boy laugh lightly and watched him turn towards the dozen club members who were ready to leave.

 

"Well, I'll see everyone tomorrow," he greeted.

 

Shindae watched the group move out of the room, almost as fast as they would run to the cafeteria for lunch. She had no idea why she was still standing there and moved immediately when realisation hit her. Unluckily for her she found herself leaving at the same time as her new found enemy, Min Yoongi. And of course leaving just like that was out of the question. She was stopped by a voice and turned back, doing her greatest attempt into hiding her annoyance by biting the inside of her cheek and hiding her contracted fist behind her back. She could hear a grunt from the girl, probably a friend of Jin's, when she knew that she had to wait a while longer.

 

"Give me a second, Baeri-ah." Shindae heard Jin whisper to her and hoped that at least she would take note of her rolling eyes.

"Shindae-sunbaenim, Yoongi-ah. Same time tomorrow after class. The teacher will be present too. He'll be expecting your presence."

 

Shindae found Jin's polite tone rather fascinating. He was the first to actually talk like that and do it naturally. The boy already emitted an aura of awkwardness, but the politeness suited him, strangely enough. She heard a complaint from Yoongi under his breath. She heard the word hyung drop and guessed that the two must be acquainted already. Leaving the complaining brunette behind, the senior was finally able to make her way out, hoping to get home as soon as possible. This day had been exhausting. All the plans she had made for the day were ruined, which had put her in an even worse mood than she already was in.

 

And once again the girl was reminded why she hated fate, karma or whatever decided her continuous bad luck for the past few days. She heard a voice behind her and naturally halted. Once more the voice rang in her ears and the girl grimaced when she matched it with the supposed owner. There was no way she would face this person again that day. School was over, club activities had ended, she could go home. Choosing to ignore it, Shindae continued walking. The voice remained silent for the rest of her walk down the hall. Finally. Luck was finally on her side.

 

But then again, that would be too much of a fortunate ending. She heard rushed steps, no, running steps tailing her, approaching her at a fast pace. She glanced over her shoulder recognising the blur as a male student. Her eyes narrowed as she swung her bag from her shoulder, as she watched the boy a few metres in behind her. The girl placed her feet firmly on the ground, waiting for him to run past her and when he did she relied on luck when she swung the shoulder strap of her bag towards the male. A satisfied grin formed once she felt and saw the strap hooking on one of his arms. With a strong jerk of both arms, Shindae pulled her bag backwards. She heard a muffled groan in surprise followed by a shuffling drop to the floor. With one swing the bag returned to hanging from her shoulder as she literally looked down on the boy on the floor, who was rubbing his back in pain. 

 

"What was that for?!" Yoongi demanded to know.

His eyes glared at the girl, but he was unable to hide the shock. She had actually knocked him to the ground, again.

"Revenge," was Shindae's short but explicit answer.

Yoongi arched an eyebrow at the girl, who gladly mirrored it accompanied by her satisfied smirk.

 

Shindae resumed her walk out of the building, not sparing the boy on the floor another glance. From behind her she heard Jin and Baeri's slowly fading voices approaching the victim and ask him what was going on. Hearing Yoongi make up an excuse that he tripped, raised the level of satisfaction. There was no way he could tell something as shameful as being taken down with a bag strap, of course. The fact that she was the culprit was an even bigger reason for Yoongi to hide the truth from the two, who the girl assumed, were his friends. Shindae however, promised herself that she would make sure to repeat this another time, in public. What excuse would he give the others then? 

 

Just thinking about the flustered and embarrassed expression of this boy, brought her joy already. He probably be unable to think of a way out, other than running. And the whole road to her house, she could think of nothing but the rest of her revenge on this boy. The boy who at first stole a snap, then her favourite spot and eventually her kiss. Would she let him walk around freely, feeling fulfilled that he had the upper hand against Song Shindae? Definitely not. She had to do something about this kid, before he could do more damage. The only way was, to strike first. Maybe luck was on her side after all. Definitely not always, but it sure was earlier during her spontaneous course of action. Would she win a battle of the wits against this boy, though? Definitely. She would make sure of that.