Yeolnet

Third time's the charm // Sundae

Being released from the, in Shindae's opinion, 'hellhole' called school, was quite the breather she needed. Once she was a step out of the large gate that was the entrance to the school grounds, the girl stretched her arms and released a suppressed yawn. The sound she released with it was the least of her concerns. Once her arms were lowered, Shindae started walking. The girl was lucky that there weren't any club activities that day, because the teacher and club president were going to discuss the plans for the year. There was no reason for the members to be present and their supervising teacher was in a good mood, resulting in their release. 

 

Since Shindae had time to spare, she decided to head for the nearest shopping centre. It was on a detour to her house, so it wouldn't hurt right? And she was in the mood to eat some street food. After convincing herself, Shindae crossed the intersection where she usually would take a right turn. It was a short ten minute walk and halfway there she could already smell the spices and sweets on the streets. started to water at the question that rang in her mind. What would she eat? Not being able to resist the temptation, Shindae approached a stand and managed to get her hands on a cup of ddeokbeokki and a chicken skewer. She scanned the stands on the streets as she walked and ate until one attracted her attention. 

 

The smell of fried dough was lingering in the air, combined with the sweet smell of nuts and melted sugar. Shindae followed her nose and eyes, leading her to the hotteok stand and joined the queue. She threw her empty cup in a trash bin as she proceeded. The line was agonisingly long, making her wish she had another skewer as she consumed her current one. Shindae started to get even more impatient and tapped her foot every time she stood still. She even started fumbling with her camera and its lens to distract her, but it was a failed attempt. Finally she was second in the line and her expression brightened. The girl gazed at the taller boy in front of her, who placed his order. When he paid, Shindae groaned as the sales lady decided to blow a horn and explain some kind of event.

 

"You are our 333th customer of today, young man. We would like to give you a free hotteok filled with walnuts and pistachio nuts." she announced in a high pitched excited voice.

Shindae watched the boy flash a familiar radiant smile and shake his head.

"No thank you, I'm quite full already. This Miss can have it." He said.

 

Before she realised, Shindae had a hotteok in her hands. The sweet smell filling up her nostrils and making her stomach do a strange flip. A sensation the girl could hardly explain. All she knew was that she really wanted it, but she threw a stare at the lady as if to say "But I haven't even ordered yet." The lady pointed at the boy that threw away his wrapping and cleaned his hands with a napkin before starting to walk down the street again. Well, who was she to deny free food? Shindae smiled brightly, thanking the lady before walking down the lit streets as well, heading to one particular destination.

 

A good 15 minutes later, Shindae walked through the glass sliding doors of her favourite store in the whole city. Her eyes scanned the store, seeking any changes and new arrivals. Stuffed animals of all kinds in colours from pastels to neons filled the shelves. Boxes with family games and other toys were all around. There were miniature cars and rocking horses. Shindae walked around the store, laying her eyes on an item she hadn't seen in the store before. It was a plastic see through tube, with 7 rubber ducks in pastel colours. She smiled brightly as she reached out for the product, almost frowning when her hand clashed with someone else's.

 

While the other hand got retracted, Shindae's headed for the tube again, successfully taking it in her grasp. She then took a step back turning slightly to examine the other. Her eyes widened slightly upon discovering a familiar face. She blinked a few times, to make sure it really was who she saw in front of her at that moment. But Shindae was sure it was the boy from the hotteok stand. The one who refused the second hotteok, which was a stupid decision by the way, because who would refuse to receive free food? Full or not full. On the other hand she was gratefully, because she didn't have to spend any money. 

 

"You're from earlier," the boy spoke before she even had the chance to. "The impatient cute girl at the hotteok stand."

Shindae felt a light blush creep up to her face, flushing her cheeks in a light shade.

"Yes. Thank you for that, by the way." she replied with a small smile. "So you like them too?"

The question threw the boy off guard for a moment. Shindae held up her hand with the tube containing the ducks and watched how the boy's lips curved up in a smile and his eyes crinkled as well forming an expression, she had to admit, was quite adorable and familiar.

"Yeah, I love them!" He announced in an almost exaggerated exciting manner.

"I'm Shindae," she stepped first this time and held out her hand at her introduction.

"Mino." he responded, shaking her hand.

 

From the second floor, glancing down at the girl and her company, was a boy observing very closely, while his friend busied himself with the television and the attached playstation. The screen showed violent scenes that were joined by the shouts of the blond boy with the controller in his hands. Yoongi sighed as he leaned on the railing with his right elbow, supporting his chin with his palm. Although he wore a rather dull expression, his eyes blazed with a fire even he couldn't explain. He was bothered and his friend was too occupied to notice it. Being at the end of his patience, he whipped out his phone from his pocket and started typing a message to a contact, whose name was saved as "Blue Green".