Yeolhana

Third time's the charm // Sundae

Walking through the familiar cafeteria doors, something she had done on a daily basis for the past three years, had become a task almost impossible to accomplish. The chatter and noises of her peers all around her, enjoying their only free hour of the day, was only a distant zoom in her mind. The only thing she focussed on was whatever she will do once she meets, Min Yoongi. Shindae scanned the tables, occupied by students of all years enjoying their meals and replenishing their energy, to survive the second half of the school day. She couldn't see that boy with the obnoxious smirk, she somehow found rather cute. Again she cursed herself for allowing such poisonous thoughts to invade her mind.

 

"Unnie!" She heard an enthusiastic call behind her.

Recognising the voice, Shindae turned around involuntarily, not forgetting to express it with a grunt. When she faced the owner of the voice however, she smiled.

"Yuni, hi." she responded.

"We expected you a bit later. Let's go!"

 

Yuni's words confused her slightly, wondering what she meant and who she meant by 'we'. Her answer would probably be questioned after her wrist was grabbed by the younger girl. Yuni led her through the maze of tables and chairs, finally arriving at one of the tables near the window. She glanced around the lot, occupying the chairs around it, all busy eating and chatting like the rest of the students in the cafeteria. Shindae recognised a few faces around the table as Yoongi's classmates and two girls who shared appearances, as her friends from first year. She didn't see the one who promised who made her join this trip to hell though, which fused a flame of anger in her chest.  Just as she made her decision to simply leave, she was stopped.

 

"Song Shindae sunbae." Shindae heard from behind her, with a nostalgic pause between every syllable

The girl turned her head to stare over her shoulder, allowing her hair to sway in a curtain of brown silk.

"Min Yoongi." She responded in a flat tone.

"Take a seat, sunbae."

 

The offer was accompanied by a gesture of him pulling the chair for her to sit on. Shindae rolled her eyes at the manners, obviously stolen from a third rate romantic movie, but took the seat anyway. She heard familiar giggles from the table to her far right and shot icy glares at them. The twins were successfully silenced. Baeri and Jin's arrival made Shindae arch her eyebrows at the scene. All of these people were friends? And she didn't know? Well it did make sense since they were on the same level of stupid.

 

Right before she was about to grab her bag to take her lunch out, a tray landed on the empty spot in front of her. A hand grabbed Shindae's bag before she could even reach it and opened it. She glared at the boy silently, waiting for him to dare to enter her private dome. Several ooh's and aah's came from the table around her, mainly the twins and the guy wearing a cap, who sat beside the taller of the two. Yoongi took out a plastic bag, containing two large oval shapes, neatly wrapped in foil. He returned it to the spot beside her seat soon after and flashed her a smile. Shindae wouldn't have it though. With a swing of her arm she regained possession of her precious breads.

 

"You don't just take things from my bag, first grader. Not if you want to keep your arms attached to your frail body." She warned.

"It's part of the deal, Shindae sunbae. And the rules of the table." Yoongi informed her with a simple shrug.

Shindae eyed him with an expression demanding an explanation. A brief one since patience also lacked in her posture.

"Whoever invites someone new over for lunch, has to swap meals with that person. And right now, that's you and me." He explained.

 

Before Shindae opened to respond to this ridiculous rule and her opinion about it, someone was faster.

"What's that? We never di-"

 

With Yoongi glaring daggers at Chaima and Saenan, the latter was silenced by her sister's hand over . The boy turned back to the oldest at the table and held out his hand. Shindae eyed the twins for a moment, knowing that they had accidentally ruined Yoongi's plan. She couldn't help but enjoy the fact that this boy's own friends were being the obstacles on his way to success. Then the girl laid her eyes on the meal in front of her. Spaghetti was probably a nice change for once. She accepted the trade with whines and reluctance, while secretly she enjoyed the pasta. Shindae was halfway her lunch when she felt something tug her sleeve. A turn of her head revealed Yuni's figure beside her chair. 

 

"Shindae unnie, enjoy lunch we're going." She announced.

 

The blond boy beside her, carrying two trays one probably the girl's, gave Shindae an acknowledging bow before making his leave with the girl. From the corner of her eyes, Shindae noticed Yoongi's brief smile, before he took a large bite from her sandwich. She saw the contents of the baguette and regretted her choice a little. Trailing the bread down, she noticed Yoongi's hands locked around the foil. She found herself staring at the defined details from the backs of his hands, to the nicely shaped knuckles and all the way down to his slender fingers. Her eyes looked up, his peach lips capturing her attention completely as they played with a piece of cucumber that he had bitten off. Shindae figured that she had been staring at the boy for quite a few seconds and turned back to her own plate. to resume consuming her meal.

 

"Hey guy, I'm sick of this awkward silence. Let's play a game?" Hoseok suggested with a knowing smirk.

 

Yoongi returned it and simply nodded to the suggestion. The twins eyed the men suspiciously, making Shindae grow aware of the situation. The twins knew these boys longer than she did, but she also knew the twins and those eyes meant that something was going to happen. Something those, who didn't carry the smirk, would not like. Shindae decided not to respond to this suggestion and popped a cherry tomato through her lips. She knew that the boy to her left was staring at her, but her only desire was to ignore it and not show that she was uncomfortable with his eyes on her.

 

"W-what game?" Shindae heard Saenan stutter, slightly frightened.

"Well, truth or dare of course." Hoseok continued. "Our version though. Cuff or dare."

"I don't like the sound of this game, Hobi." Chaima declared. 

"You have no choice girls." Yoongi told them, with a menacing undertone. "You still owe me a favour."

"Well ... That will be returned some other time!" the twins bellowed at the same time. 

"Well... it's either this or something many times worse than this." He threatened with a smirk.

 

Shindae glanced at him before laying eyes on the girls. They visibly froze. Both of them knew that when Yoongi said worse, he meant worse. Way worse. And unwillingly both agreed. The game's explanation was simple. If you get a dare, complete it, of you don't you have to be 'cuffed', which basically meant owning the darer a favour. And owning favours was something Shindae could not afford. Especially judging from the twins' expressions. The girls were rarely this frightened of something. But when they were, something was clearly off. The game began with Hoseok.

 

"Jin-hyung, I dare to hold Baeri's hand during the whole game." He started.

Jin smiled at the easy task and grasped his girlfriend's hand. A light shade of pink graced the girl's cheeks.

"Saenan, I dare you to eat that bowl with olives." Jin went on.

"But that's almost twenty olives!" She complained. 

 

The girl stared at the green pieces of hell and grimaced. Saenan glanced at Jin, with pleading eyes, but the second year just glanced at her with a smile and nodded. And that is how Saenan ended up with an olive in and gagging on the floor minutes after. She successfully stole Hoseok's milk and downed it in one go. Saenan glanced at Yoongi, before eyeing Shindae with a smile. Still looking a tad green from her past experience, she sat back in her seat. Shindae's mouth fell open with the dare Saenan spoke out and she immediately eyed her sister.