Dul

Third time's the charm // Sundae

Making her leave should have been the end to this ridiculous scene with the first year boy she had kicked to the ground hours ago. So why was that same boy sitting underneath the oak tree again? Her oak tree, at that. A scowl was all he was met with, while he was casually leaning against the tree, with his hands behind his head. The boy stared into the sky, with a smile on his face, purposely ignoring the older girl that was approaching him. He could imagine her fuming, not only in annoyance anymore, she would be pretty angry.

 

Shindae decided not to move from her spot and wait for the boy to take the first move, whatever it would be. She was wondering what was going through his mind as he deliberately stole her favourite spot on the school grounds. If only the cursed gates didn't close during school hours, she would be able to leave. But rules were rules and no matter how much she wanted to, there was no way she'd be able to climb over the giant fence or demolish it. So this spot, her spot, should be something no one else could touch.

 

"Too bad you can't trip me again, sunbae. Since I'm already on the ground." Yoongi spoke, with amusement in his voice.

Shindae arched her eyebrow at the comment and placed her right hand on her hip, the only movement she had made since she arrived to find this intruder.

"Oh don't worry. It saves me the trouble of actually getting you on the ground. Now I can just kick you where it counts."

 

The brunette saw the smirk being wiped off his face, in a single moment. She would have laughed if she weren't angered. But right now she needed to prove a point. He had to leave and never come back to her spot. As if he had heard her thoughts, the boy abruptly rose to his feet and finally looked at her. The moment his eyes landed on the girl's features, his eyes crinkled into the arches. Why he even smiled, was a completely mystery to Shindae. How he could smile casually like that, knowing that there was a chance, he'd get hit again. He should take his distance, instead he approached her.

 

"Sunbae, I know you like trees, but..." he started, allowing a small pause to fall so he could take a few more steps towards the girl. "... that's no reason to become one."

 

Shindae was thrown back by the random comment and opened to utter a sound. Before she was able to however, the boy had gotten so close to her that she could swear she felt his warmth faintly. Seconds after his hand moved up, reaching towards her face. The girl waited for whatever he was planning. Depending on how long it would take him, or how much closer he wanted to get, the girl would take her action. The severity of her response would be judged once she knew his plan and the only way to know, was to allow him to execute it. 

 

And she did. Despite already having reached her face, the boy's hand continued to lift, until it was above her head. She felt her hair move and eventually the his slender fingers sliding through her locks and touching her hair. Her stomach made a flip and she reacted immediately. Her arm lashed at his, detaching it from her body. Her eyes narrowed in suspicion and glared at this being in front of her. When she opened again to speak, his hand returned in between their faces. In between his index and middle finger the boy held a green leaf, that glimmered in the sunlight.

 

Upon her eyes falling back to his face, she noticed the grin on his face again. A victorious grin. Her arm pulled back as she took her lower lip in between her teeth and shot forward, colliding with the boys abdomen. A grunt was heard as he doubled over and stepped back at the same time. Shindae watched him in his pathetic state and this time took the chance of commenting before another random interruption.

 

"Touch me again and I promise you a one way trip to the hospital." She threatened.

 

Her threat had a different result than she had expected though. Instead of the frightened eyes and shivering lips, she was met with the ever silent and radiant smile of the boy. This time graced with a mischievous glint in his eyes. And it had caught Shindae by surprise. What the hell was up with this kid? Why wasn't he running away from her already? This boy had a lot of self confidence, that was for sure. Probably the first to be this confident in front of her. And his following words proved it.

 

"Is that a challenge, Song Shindae sunbaenim?" he asked, pausing in between the syllables of her name.

Although the boy was still holding his stomach in pain and whimpered every now and then, Shindae didn't bother feeling any pity.

"It's a threat, you little . A warning." she clarified.

"Hmm," the boy hummed. "Is it now? It sounded like a challenge to me." 

 

The girl rolled her eyes and folded her hands in front of her chest. "You're an idiot." she commented, planning on making her leave. But then again when had everything gone according to plan after meeting this peculiar figure? Hearing the familiar voice calling to her, was supposed to be her chance to leave from this ridiculous situation and even more ridiculous person. And yet it wasn't.

 

"Shindae unnie!" She heard a call from behind her.

 

The girl in question turned her head, to look at the owner of the voice. She recognised her younger friend, also a first year student, Shin Yuni. The girl cheerfully waved at her while calling her name. She directed a smile at her friend before turning around again, to notify the boy of her leave. Instead of being able to speak her words however, she found herself in an unthinkable situation. A hand cupped her left cheek, holding it in place, while another hand had twisted a leather strap, she recognised as her camera's, around her hands taking away their abilities to move. Oh right, let's not forget the pressure of a pair of lips on hers.

 

The contact lasted a few seconds, but long enough to build up a volcano of surging emotions through her mind and chest. A scream was building up in the pits of her stomach, but of course the boy wouldn't five her a chance to let it out. Quickly he hopped a few steps back, sending her yet another victorious smirk, followed by a triumphant little bow as he backed away. Of course she wouldn't be given the courtesy if even responding. Bewildered she watched the boy move away, still trying to comprehend whatever had happened in the past minute.

 

"The name is Min Yoongi, sunbae. Don't forget."

 

And those were the words he left her with, before running away. It took her a few moments to regain full control of her mind again. And when she did, the scream she let out used the complete capacity of her lungs. She shouted his name, with venom spouting from her lips. Hoping that her words somehow cursed this boy, Min Yoongi, to the pits of hell. In her mind she sure did.