Yeolset

Third time's the charm // Sundae

The next morning Shindae stepped out of her front door, with a croissant between her teeth and turned around to lock the door. The girl seemed to feel rather perky that day, even more than usual. She was still highly annoyed at the embarrassment she had to experience the day before. And in the end she still hadn't accomplished anything. Yoongi had gotten his amusement satisfied, but Shindae didn't receive the picture. She had cursed upon the realisation only after she had left that dreadful scene. Another curse escaped her lips at the memory as she made her way through the front gate of her house and turned a right corner.

 

Different from her usual routine, Shindae decided to take the longer and less known route to school, knowing that the main one would be filled with students and their gazes towards her. She puffed out a bubble of air, already missing the peaceful life she had as the invisible student. Shindae's plan to take a different route was severely regretted after she found herself getting tired halfway. She would have been through the school gates after a few more blocks if she had taken the original road, but she just had to decide to want to avoid the other students she might come across. The nth sigh that day escaped her pink lips, effectively blowing a strand of her hair to the side.

 

"Shindae-ah!"

 

The familiar voice that reached her ears, made the girl halt her steps and turn slightly to look over her shoulder. As expected she saw two people whose presence she didn't actually resent. The two cheerfully approached her, one sharp eyed with blonde locks styled in a rather unusual way that strangely enough suited him, the other dark haired, with a pair of glasses on the bridge of his nose showing off his gums as he smiled widely. Shindae often wondered where the energy they never lacked seemed to come from.  

 

"Oh Song Shindae, it's unusual to see you in this neighbourhood," the blonde exclaimed, only a metre or ten away from the girl.

"Rude. I'm still older than you two, show some respect." Shindae battered, as she folded her arms right below her dangling camera.

"Awh, come on noona," the dark haired cooed as he swung his arm around the girl's shoulder and pulled her closer for a good measure. "You can be a little more lenient towards your childhood friends."

 

A muffled 'unf' escaped the boy when her elbow made contact with the boy's ribs in a not-so-gentle manner.

"Scram, Park Kyung." Shindae demanded, donning her vicious scowl. "Last time I checked, we were childhood acquaintances. You're Hyejoon's cousins. Nothing more, nothing less. Now leave me alone."

Shindae had already turned back to resume her path to school, but soon was met with the backside of the blond. Narrowing her eyes she fired a few more words.

"I'm serious Woo Jiho. Get lost."

Shindae arched an eyebrow when the boy turned around with a simple shrug. "Sorry Peaches, but we're also on our way to school. You're going to have to either bear with us or take a different route." Ending his sentence with a small smirk, he turned back and Shindae was soon joined by Kyung by her side.

 

"It's rare to walk together in the mornings, isn't it Shindae?" Kyung attempted to start a conversation. "By the way! Did you change your number? You never reply to my messages and calls."

"It was fake." Shindae responded airily as she took a sip from her banana milk.

"What?" Kyung responded flabbergasted and visibly hurt. "How could you do that to me?"

"Because you'd annoy me on a daily basis. Thanks but no thanks." Shindae flashed a sweet smile, leaving Kyung to halt his steps while she quickened hers.

 

She managed to catch up with Zico who waited at an intersection for the lights to turn green. The two were soon joined by a whiny and disheartened Kyung. A black car overtook them, crossing the street they were waiting at. The three pairs of eyes followed the fancy and rather expensive looking car as it passed. To Shindae it seemed strangely familiar, although she couldn't place where she had seen it before. Shindae passed the thought, figuring that it was probably Internet or some magazine she had flipped through. The light turned green and she got separated from the boys at the next intersection.

 

Once on the school grounds Shindae, as expected, found herself watched by what seemed like everyone. Trying her best not to shoot everyone a murderous look, she strutted through the hallways. Within the first few steps however, Shindae's eyes fell on a familiar picture on the wall. It was her own face, joined by that accursed Yoongi's. There was a headline in bright yellow letters on the hideous pink background 'School Scandals". Shindae flared from within, ready to explode. The familiar faces of her two classmates froze the anger, not allowing it to show at all.

 

She approached the two with an icy glare, watching their giddy chattering and laughing come to a halt as they started to notice her approaching. Shindae was too angry to even enjoy the horror they tried to hide and simply kept walking. She was calm on the outside, while raging on the inside. Her eyes pierced through theirs and sent visible shivers throughout their whole bodies. Shindae halted right in front of them, giving them a moment to explain themselves. She demanded the explanation simply with her stare and folded arms. When the two hadn't spoken for a good minute, the girl took the wheel.

 

"Kim Jongdae, Byun Baekhyun, care to explain yourselves, or should I just revoke your rights for mercy and plant my fists into the ridiculous structures you two call your faces?" she uttered every word with venom in her voice.

"Well..." Jongdae started hesitantly.

"Newspaper club, eh, we're just doing our jobs - Oh look it's that freshman, Min Yoongi!" Baekhyun continued, ending with a hopeless and desperate attempt to escape.

"You really think I would fall for tha-" Shindae stopped and scowled upon hearing familiar voices behind her, directing her expression towards her troublesome classmates.

 

"Suga! Have you seen this?" She heard two girls simultaneously speak. 

"Yeah." She heard Yoongi's voice and cringed at the sound.

 

Her classmates took the little moment of distraction as their chance to run. They had made their escape successfully, causing Shindae to curse out loud. Turning back to the hallway, she found the brunette looking right at her, while his lips played with a smirk. The twins who he was talking to moments ago, were discussing what Shindae understood as 'her wrath' and to what extend it would go. Basically the twins were worried about their own well beings and only that. They disregarded  their 'friend's' image and feelings completely, it seemed.

 

Neither Yoongi or Shindae could do anything to each other, due to  the entrance of the school's little princess, Lee Haru. Walking hand in hand with one of the teachers, the students referred to as Taeyang, she seemed to intensely glare at one person in the hallway. The girl released the hand of her chaperon for a single moment to approach the object of her interest. Yoongi was surprised to see the 4 year old approaching him and staring at him in way, only one other person would. And that person currently carried the same expression.

 

"Min Yoongi right?" Haru asked, but didn't wait for a reply. "You're hateful, for treating a girl like that! And for being disgusting during school."

 

With those few words, the girl turned away from the bewildered freshman and returned to her spot beside the teacher. They only started walking after linking hands. Haru didn't let the chance go by to utter a haughty "hmf" with her chin darting up, as she passed him. A roaring laughter came from the twins beside Yoongi, whose attempt to silence them with a glare failed. He glanced at Shindae, who smiled in a small victory and turned to the staircase to find her homeroom and the two classmates she had yet to pay back.