Yeolyeoseot

Third time's the charm // Sundae

Waking up the next day was a task deemed almost impossible to Song Shindae. Although she slept quite decently, there was an uninvited person that had invaded her solitary moment of bliss. Dreams were her escape from reality. But when a piece of reality rudely invaded her world of fantasy, it was out of place. Her dreams were supposed to be completely detached from it, hence waking up was more difficult than usual. Despite that, she managed to drag herself out of bed and through her morning routine. Although the progress was slow and the result was quite dull, once outside Shindae's complexion brightened up immediately. It was Wednesday. No club activities and a free afternoon.

 

Shindae strolled to school leisurely, as if she had all the time in the world. Time ticked away and the bell would ring in thirty minutes. She was early for once and with reason. The day before on her way home, Shindae had noticed a group of young squirrels on her usual road to school. The park wasn't far from the last intersection, she usually turned left. This time however, she turned right to the small park and playground. There was a pond with young ducklings she admired from time to time, even snapping pictures. There were also swans and frogs scattered among the greens and in the water.

 

Shindae's eyes scanned the grass, the trees and the bushes. When her eyes noticed the brown globes hanging from the branches, she stopped and approached it. Acorns and right beside it a chestnut tree. It was the perfect place for squirrels to find food. The sun had been up for only a few hours, so they should appear soon. There was an air of patience around Shindae, harmonising with the calm of the morning. A small smile played at her lips as she carefully shifted her gaze from branch to branch, leaf to leaf and tree to tree. Finding the squirrels would be the most perfect beginning of her day. Especially if they were really young.

 

Shindae heard a soft rustling and immediately turned to her right, whipping her head in its direction. Her hair swayed like a curtain, falling over her left shoulder. The target was in view, pushing away some leaves to gain access to a group of acorns on the end of the thin branch. Shindae had her hands around her camera, carefully prying the cap off the lens. Her hand covered the lens though, so the reflection of the light wouldn't scare away the little animal. Once the furry beast managed to take hold of two acorns in its large cheeks, Shindae quickly snapped a picture, biting her tongue in hopes the squirrel wouldn't notice in the rustling of the leaves.

 

She had been lucky. Although the small head was whipped from side to side, it didn't find the source and rushed back to the trunk of the tree. Shindae watched the squirrel rush down in a spiral formation and disappeared into a small hole in the tree within moments. Shindae approached the bark soundlessly, attempting to peer through the hole, even squinting her eyes for it. It was a little higher than her eye level, so she was forced to tiptoe at some point. Her camera was in her hands and the hole was too high for her to capture while actually seeing it. Shindae took a bet and snapped a few pictures hoping some of them would be decent.

 

After a shot or four Shindae backed away, knowing she probably scared the squirrel. Once on a safe distance from the trees, the girl started approaching the pond and looking through the pictures she just took. Although the quality of the pictures was far beneath her level of satisfaction, she was delighted to have made this amazing discovery. Three little squirrel's with soft grey fur, far smaller than the big one with a honey brown coat were cuddled up against each other, nibbling on tiny pieces of the soft insides of the acorns. The last picture showed the three in a fuzzy cloud, probably fleeing from the sound of the camera's shutter. Shindae almost let out a squeal in glee and once at the pond, took some more pictures of the beautiful scenery. The sun reflecting on the water's surface was so picturesque, that not taking some shots would almost be a crime. 

 

Once back on her way to school, Shindae took another turn to the right at the intersection she was supposed to go straight this time. A five minute walk further, the girl entered a small cafe with a chocolate brown, white and mint interior. With her camera dangling around her neck, the girl walked up to the counter to a boy with light brown hair and his skin adorned with a light olive tan. He smiled as he concentrated on drying and polishing a glass with a white cloth. Shindae placed her hands on the counter and relieved herself from a little of her own body weight, as she waited for the man to turn his attention to her. When he didn't, she called out to him.

 

"Hakyeon oppa, morning." She greeted casually, causing the young man's dark eyes to land on her.

"Shindae! Good morning. Oh right, it's Wednesday." He was remembered as a smile lifted his cheekbones. "What will it be this time?"

 

"An Americano, please." the 18 year old requested, mirroring the smile only smaller.

"Sure. Take a seat, I'll be right there." the brunette spoke.

 

When Shindae shook her head, Hakyeon let out a chuckle. He knew that she would reject every time and spend the 3 minutes he made her coffee, talking to him. And he liked that about this girl. They became friends when he found out, that she visited every weekend. At first the girl had been quite introverted about her words and greetings. Hakyeon started to notice a pattern in her orders and ended up predicting them every time. After the third time, Shindae started to open up slightly, smile and even have a small talk during her visits to the cafe. When she was about to walk out, Hakyeon called her name.

 

"Here, since you haven't had breakfast yet." He told her as he slid a chocolate muffin over the counter towards her.

"How did you..."

"Americano," he interrupted her with a sweet wink.

Shindae smiled and thanked him before finally heading to school.

 

The school day was very dynamic this time. She had only 5 hours to punish the dweebs in her class and succeeded. After some horrid begging for mercy, Shindae found some pity in her and released the beagles from their miserable fates. Each sported a swollen cheek on the right side of their faces, while their eyes were mirroring their broken minds. The senior had even skipped classes to have her revenge and carefully tore their self esteem down, piece by piece, ripping it in such a careful and delicate matter, that even god wouldn't have been able to save them. Only with her words and one assisted punch to gather them and immobilise them. 


Author's note:

Well I usually don't write A/N's, but this time I will. 

First of all, I want to thank my lovely readers for the support and comments. I am blessed to have each and every one of you. All the subscribers that like this story and put up with my irregular updates. Thank you so much <3

Secondly I would like to apologise for not replying to your comments. D: I promised myself to reply to each and every one of them, but I was a lazy . So don't feel ignored, please. <3 I read everyone's comments.

Lastly since this is a BTS fanfic with only Yoongi, I would like to recommend everyone this fanfiction, written by the person who is the 'Shindae' in Sundae. The title is 'the Hangouts' and it's a story about BTS and several OC's. It's a slice of life fiction with a chapter for every OC. You can read it here. Please show this cute story some support <3  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/722370/hangouts

 

Thank you, once again.

With love~

~Saenan